Course 1: Monday to Friday 8-12 October 2012
Course 2: Saturday to Wednesday 13-17 October 2012
Surf Connect Wind & Kitesurfing School, Brisbane.
Accommodation & meals available.
A.I. (Assistant Instructor's course) will run on the foloowing dates: 4 Sept, 18 Sept, 2 Oct. Cost is A$300 and you get $150 credit back on the main course. Boat license and first aid courses will also run before the instructors course.
Visit http://www.ikointl.com/kiteboarding-instructor.php for more info. To enrol, contact email@example.com or call 07-3137 0500, or visit www.surfconnect.com.
Become a Kiteboarding Instructor
Because you are addicted kiteboarders and want to share your passion and knowledge with others, IKO offers you the possibility to be trained as a pro instructor and make your passion your job.
A solid training program
IKO offers a reliable and professional training program. Instructors become IKO certified by attending the 5 days Instructor Training Course (ITC). The training program corresponds precisely to kiteboarding teaching methods. The certification is recognized as the international standard in teaching.
At the end of the training, you will have developed abilities in the following major areas: safety, practical environment, analysis, technique, teaching psychology and live situation.
After attending an ITC, you will be qualified as IKO Instructor Level 1 and will be able to continue your pro training to become a Level 2, or stay active by participating in Online Education and earning Continuing Education Points.
Your benefits with IKO:
- Access to the Pro Area of the IKO website
- Able to purchase IKO Instructor Insurance
- Able to purchase IKO products at Pro prices
- Access to the job opening listings on the IKO website
- Post a seeking employment ad viewable to IKO Centers
- Post personal profile information online, which is viewable via the general public website
Candidates to an ITC Level 1 must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Kiteboarding for at least 1 year and be a certified IKO kiteboarder level 3N minimum for a minimum of 6 months (jumping and riding toe side). Perform level 3n skills on demand in all wind conditions from 10-30 knots.
- Have an IKO Assistant Instructor certification.
- Have a valid first aid and CPR certificate or complete it before the ITC with the IKO Examiner running the course.
- Pass all the online Pre-ITC Course.
- Have a powerboat license if required, or have another boat safety course certification.
- Must be able to read and write and speak fluently in the language the course is given.
- Sign the waiver form.