has been working with Banax and tackle stores across the country to design a heavy-duty spin reel tailor-made for Australian conditions. What has evolved from that process is the Banax Kingpin 5000, a reel with more grunt than the 2009 Summernats that looks good enough to consider taking out for dinner.
Here's what the Kingpin has to offer:STOPPING POWER
- 15kg of drag
- six-part water resistant drag system made up of three carbontex and three alloy washers
- Ultra-lock (instant) anti-reverse backlash system
- machine cut brass gear and forged brass main gear
- brass pinion and stainless steel main shaft
- six shielded stainless steel ball bearings (3 x NMB and 3 x SUS bearings)
- full power metal body, rotor and spool
- titanium lipped spool
- machine-cut line slider
- comfortable aluminium machine-cut handle and knob
- weight: 480g
- line capacity: PE6 (.40mm) / 340m, PE8 (.47mm) / 270m, PE10 (.52mm) / 200m
- gear ratio: 4.7:1
The Kingpin 5000 also comes with a five year warranty which covers all parts including bearings to provide that extra guarantee that this is one reel which won't let you down.
For more information on the Kingpin 5000 or other Banax reels visit their website
or ask at your local independent tackle store.