Rapala never cease to amaze with the terminology they can wrap a good lure in to try and sell it.
If phrases from their recent media release such as "sliding glide cadence", "glide path to success", "big fish tantalizer" and "flight path to big game success" hook you then you've been spending too much time reading the Financial Review and it's time to get back to Modern Fishing or Fishing Western Australia.
The decoded facts from the release for their new Glidin' Rap 12 are as follows:
- rather than an aggressive side-to-side action which many lures have the GR12 offers a sliding motion, similar to that of baitfish riding on cool water currents;
- a wide body profile assists the lure to maintain its line;
- it's designed to act differently to minnow or shad style lures - it twitches and glides and flutters on the drop;
- it offers a new action to add to your arsenal for salt and fresh water species; and
- specs: 4.75 inches long, six colours, twin VMC trebles, balsa body.
Check out the full media release here: Media Release
(Ctrl-F "Slide and Glide")