Forums > Kitesurfing General

2014 Naish Park - Recommended line length?

Created by buckjay > 9 months ago, 31 Aug 2014
buckjay
5 posts
31 Aug 2014 6:55AM
Thumbs Up

I just picked up two 2014 Naish Parks (8m and 11m). Only looking to pick up one bar and lines. Is there any reason I should grab the 20m lines or should I go with the 24m lines?

I weigh 75kg and mainly ride strapless SB.

My original plan was to pick up the 20m lines and run some 3/4m extensions if needed however the retailer sent me the 24m lines. If there's no real need for the 20s then I'll just save the hassle in sending it back and stick with the 24m lines.

Cheers!

riddim1
QLD, 147 posts
31 Aug 2014 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Buck,

I too was wondering the same question. My 2013 8/11m Parks had extensions on the lines and I used the 20m lines when riding a SB.
I found the kite more responsive and was better for cross-on conditions. Both my 2014 8/11 Parks came with 24m lines only. I have searched everywhere and cannot find any data on what length line the 8m is tuned to. I suspect if they sent me 24's then that is the recommended length. My 2013 8m was my favourite kite on the shorter lines. the 2014 is just not as good.

Let me know if you find somewhere that can order in 20m lines for the universal bar.

Cheers

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
31 Aug 2014 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
buckjay said..
I just picked up two 2014 Naish Parks (8m and 11m). Only looking to pick up one bar and lines. Is there any reason I should grab the 20m lines or should I go with the 24m lines?

My original plan was to pick up the 20m lines and run some 3/4m extensions if needed however the retailer sent me the 24m lines. If there's no real need for the 20s then I'll just save the hassle in sending it back and stick with the 24m lines.

Cheers!

These kites are similar to Griffin kites and I ride on the short lines. You may be able to get bar and lines from Griffin who are an Australian company so check their Web site.

A Bomber
QLD, 113 posts
1 Sep 2014 1:17AM
Thumbs Up

2014 parks run 24s as standard across the range, but if you really want a short lineset your retailer will be able to order you one from Windgenuity (Naish Australia).

mbuckley
WA, 54 posts
1 Sep 2014 6:29AM
Thumbs Up

A repair shop will be able to cut the 24s down to 20 and make extensions with the remainder. Fairly easy and should be cheap.

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
23 Oct 2014 1:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
warwickl said..

buckjay said..

Cheers!

These kites are similar to Griffin kites and I ride on the short lines. You may be able to get bar and lines from Griffin who are an Australian company so check their Web site.

The griffin bar has the Y split further up the line approx 3 meters . Does this affect the way the naish park will fly? Can't seem to find any info on this?

pajdau
WA, 22 posts
26 Oct 2014 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

I did try extension few times from 20 to 24m. I found it useful when behind a dune, otherwise just hassle to pack up also kite it takes longer for kite to fly from left to right. Could be good if you kiting in the river - the higher the more stable wind is. With open ocean, I found it easier to start with shorter lines - especially in narrow beach.

Fonterello
6 posts
4 Dec 2014 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
riddim1 said..
Hey Buck,

I too was wondering the same question. My 2013 8/11m Parks had extensions on the lines and I used the 20m lines when riding a SB.
I found the kite more responsive and was better for cross-on conditions. Both my 2014 8/11 Parks came with 24m lines only. I have searched everywhere and cannot find any data on what length line the 8m is tuned to. I suspect if they sent me 24's then that is the recommended length. My 2013 8m was my favourite kite on the shorter lines. the 2014 is just not as good.

Let me know if you find somewhere that can order in 20m lines for the universal bar.

Cheers

I had an 2013 8M park,... what an awsome kite,... soooo much fun. It works best on 20M lines, on 24M line you'll find some soft spots in the power delivery on the turns etc, with 20M lines you get a nice predicatable power delivery all the time. I would go with the 20M lines and get some 4M ext'ns for the 11M. I used the 24M on my 8 a few times, and found that 20M was much better for all around performance
Cheers from Canada

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
5 Dec 2014 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

Hi I've used both 20 and 24 meter lines on the park, and it really just comes down to personal preference. I like the short lines for wave riding and they make kite loops more fun, but for my version of wake style the 24's are better

gdownie
NSW, 141 posts
5 Dec 2014 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

Go the cut to 20mtrs and make up extensions from off cuts easy peasy !!!
I have always flown parks and others and that idea gives you best of both world.
you will find your favorite length and maybe stay on one length anyway.

Kitebo
1 posts
28 Jun 2015 12:19AM
Thumbs Up

Just bought an 8m park and the naish universal control system with 16 meter lines. Has anyone tried it 16 meter lines?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"2014 Naish Park - Recommended line length?" started by buckjay