Forums > Kitesurfing General

NAISH 2006 boxer. worth selling or not

Created by Maxiy > 9 months ago, 24 Sep 2014
Maxiy
ACT, 96 posts
24 Sep 2014 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hey everyone.

So as the title suggests I have a 10m 2006 naish boxer. Its a 5 line c kite, and is in amazing condition for its age. I learnt on this kite, and still have a blast on it, but think its time to purchase a newer kite.

Just wondering if it is even worth selling? It is in amazing condition, still flys great, but is a pain in the arse to pump up and to water relaunch. Is anyone going to pay money for it ?

Cheers

hargs
QLD, 634 posts
25 Sep 2014 7:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maxiy said..

Is anyone going to pay money for it ?

No

Maxiy
ACT, 96 posts
25 Sep 2014 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

HAHAHA Thanks for the straight answer Hargs, i shall hang onto it. Who knows i might even try upgrading it to a one pump system. It is a super fun kit, Just need to work on my water relaunches.

hargs
QLD, 634 posts
25 Sep 2014 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maxiy said..
HAHAHA Thanks for the straight answer Hargs, i shall hang onto it. Who knows i might even try upgrading it to a one pump system. It is a super fun kit, Just need to work on my water relaunches.

Yeah mate I'd hang onto it. You'd be lucky to get a carton of beer for it!! They weren't a bad kite though. I have ridden Naish exclusively for the past 10 years. You should consider a new Naish Park or Pivot - both awesome kites in my opinion.

Maxiy
ACT, 96 posts
25 Sep 2014 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah both me and my mate learnt on this kite. The only reason i dont use it as much anymore is because i hate the relaunch on it (i never really learnt how to do it properly). Me mate went from learning on this to the park, and slingshot Rpm's, and i went to ozone Cats. I have ridden his park a bit, and think it is a great kite.

i currently have Cats in 8 and 12m and the boxer in a 10 and a Torch in a 14. i love flying Both C-kites, i only hesitate to get them out because of the relaunch, guess flying the Cats has made me lazy in that department. I think i will just suck it up, save some money and spend a few sessions learning how to relaunch it properly haha

Cheers

Eaglelad
VIC, 119 posts
25 Sep 2014 5:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maxiy said..
Yeah both me and my mate learnt on this kite. The only reason i dont use it as much anymore is because i hate the relaunch on it (i never really learnt how to do it properly).

I've never flown something that old but I am a lover of C, there's pretty much 3 techniques..
Standard relaunch with the steering lines - which is a struggle sometimes
Pull in an arm length or more of 5th line and 1 steering line - then the round part of the kite is on the water surface, instead of the entire leading edge. (swimming at the kite does the same thing)
Then there's reverse launch which is pulling in both steering lines at the same time - awesome for light wind launching off the beach, and handy to use sometimes when the first 2 fail

Maxiy
ACT, 96 posts
26 Sep 2014 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Cheers eaglelad

I shall give these techniques a go next time i get it out :). Going kiting on sunday, looks to be a ripper NE. Hopefully will warrant the 10 hahah :)

Mad Dog Morgan
NSW, 25 posts
26 Sep 2014 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

The technique for C kites without a 5th line is to swim at the kite until it's on its back and then pull the steering line of the wing tip that's highest out of the water. With the 5th line you should be able to put the kite on its back without the swimming in theory.

This said the boxer is a low aspect kite and pulls like a truck when it's directly downwind of you and you may need to use a combination of 5th line and swimming to get it on its back.

I had the first boxers without the 5th line and they were great kites at the time but sadly not worth any $$$$ these days.

Ragzilla
VIC, 240 posts
26 Sep 2014 11:06PM
Thumbs Up

If your having problems with yourrelaunches, then go for a RIDE, easiest kite to relaunch, in my opinion.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"NAISH 2006 boxer. worth selling or not" started by Maxiy