Active Topics |  Search

Login or Register
Forums > Kitesurfing > General > North Rebel 2010 First thoughts and more info
Author North Rebel 2010 First thoughts and more info
Page: of 1
TAS
356 Posts
Posted 3/7/2009, 7:36 pm        Report
North Rebel 2010 First thoughts and more info here http://www.brackleshamboardriders.co.uk/?p=303
NSW
2491 Posts
Posted 3/7/2009, 7:46 pm        Report
Interested to test one having said that what's with those colors - come one their f'ugly, I can see the black and white being the biggest seller
WA
191 Posts
Posted 3/7/2009, 8:19 pm        Report
2010...... isnt it 2009 now.... whats the criteria to call it a 2010
WA
2476 Posts
Posted 3/7/2009, 8:28 pm        Report
its made to be released in the 2010 seasons
QLD
51 Posts
Posted 11/7/2009, 8:02 pm        Report
I just have to ask why the consecutive range size up to 12m then the traditional jump to 14m and again to 16m? Is this new for the Rebels and if so does this mean the wind range is poorer on the 2010 rebel?
VIC
1159 Posts
Posted 12/7/2009, 5:45 am        Report
08KITERZ said...
I just have to ask why the consecutive range size up to 12m then the traditional jump to 14m and again to 16m? Is this new for the Rebels and if so does this mean the wind range is poorer on the 2010 rebel?
You get diminishing returns from having a bigger and bigger kite. I'm surprised that North is even bothering with a 16m these days, as the improvements in kite design have meant that 14m tends to be as big as anyone goes. I have a 15m Boxer SLE and I have flown it 3 times. Biggest waste of money!
VIC
100 Posts
Posted 12/7/2009, 10:06 am        Report
lostinlondon said... You get diminishing returns from having a bigger and bigger kite. I'm surprised that North is even bothering with a 16m these days, as the improvements in kite design have meant that 14m tends to be as big as anyone goes. I have a 15m Boxer SLE and I have flown it 3 times. Biggest waste of money!
Totally agree with this lostinlondon, even though im weighing in at 100kgs i dont fly anything bigger than a 12m these days. This size gets me nicely going above 15knts, and my theory is that anything less than that isnt worth kiting in. I always laugh when newbies are talking about getting 14m plus kite sizes to cover every wind condition. I try and explain what kiting in 10-15knts (or less) on a big kite is actually like.
NSW
Thailand
312 Posts
Posted 12/7/2009, 11:04 am        Report
They might fly ok, but pretty ugly designs if you ask me ... Anybody know how much ? They've gotta start releasing 2010's now (most manufacturers) to enable shops time to get their orders in and have them shipped (not only by air) to be ready for the start of the Euro and yank seasons which start around spring/late spring (northern hemisphere) ... unfortunately, the world dosen't revolve around Oz
VIC
1159 Posts
Posted 12/7/2009, 12:07 pm        Report
Buzz said...
They might fly ok, but pretty ugly designs if you ask me ... Anybody know how much ? They've gotta start releasing 2010's now (most manufacturers) to enable shops time to get their orders in and have them shipped (not only by air) to be ready for the start of the Euro and yank seasons which start around spring/late spring (northern hemisphere) ... unfortunately, the world dosen't revolve around Oz
New gear comes in around October and the Southern Hemisphere gets it first. Not only is it because manufacturers like to get their gear out in time for our 2010 summer so we can have a crispy new kite in time for the first seabreeze, but because the market is smaller any issues that arise can be ironed out before the big sales come through in the Northern Hemisphere. Same reason why NZ gets a lot of new stuff early, small market to try things out on. (The world's guinea pigs)
Canada
50 Posts
Posted 23/8/2009, 12:31 am        Report
Totally right...the world does revolve around OZ. We get them a few weeks before the winter season...and by winter I mean Ice and snow. Australia is windy during its summer. Also I guess US is windier on the Westcoast, in the ulf and Florida during winter. You get them at the right time, we buy in October and wait 6 months before trying them on the water. Unless we travel... Have fun down there.
WA
306 Posts
Site Sponsor!
Visit Website
Posted 24/8/2009, 7:52 am        Report
Prices for all sizes are up on our website, and we will have some of these for our Shark Bay demo trip on the 5th of Sept and in the shop after this. The technology on these things is amazing especially the 'floating' middle strut. The loaded 5th line allows for a much shorter power stroke than bridled kites.
NSW
1484 Posts
Posted 24/8/2009, 10:04 am        Report
lostinlondon said... I have a 15m Boxer SLE and I have flown it 3 times. Biggest waste of money!
Nah-My North RhinoII 18M is a bigger waste!
WA
13 Posts
Posted 24/8/2009, 12:10 pm        Report
Bit euro for me...

Page: of 1
Forums > Kitesurfing > General > North Rebel 2010 First thoughts and more info
^^^ Return to top of page ^^^