Active Topics |  Search

Login or Register
All Forums > Kitesurfing > Gear Reviews > 2007 12 metre sle naish boxer
Author 2007 12 metre sle naish boxer
Page: of 1
QLD
123 Posts
Posted 15/05/2008, 4:46 pm        Report    
Hi all, I've been flying my 12meter naish boxer for over a year now - just wondering what others think of the 2:1 bar? I find the kite is way too touchy and bar pressure stupidly heavy for turns - I've been flying mine 1:1 for ages now - the only problem I have with it that way is de-power is a fair bit less. The only other thing I don't dig about the boxer is the pulleys on the bridles - I've broken four bridles so far. Would love to hear what other people's experiences are with these kite? Cheers
NT
237 Posts
Posted 15/05/2008, 6:24 pm        Report    
I've got the exact same kite, had a fair bit of use, and never had anything wrong with it. 2:1 sucks, i hate it, and would never go back to it. 1:1 has more than enough depower, compared to my other kite anyway (06 16m Naish Torch). Wikid kite though, unhooks well, grunty, jumps floaty and high. Strongly recommend the smart bar upgrade though, I've done it on mine, and it cleans up the bar nicely, and allows for alot more bar throw if you worried about 1:1 depower
QLD
123 Posts
Posted 15/05/2008, 7:05 pm        Report    
What's the smart bar upgrade? I've never heard it but I like the bar on my 15 meter ozone much better - much simpler than the mad pull pull system on the naish. Cheers
QLD
312 Posts
Posted 15/05/2008, 7:23 pm        Report    
The smart bar comes on all the 08 range of naish kites (except the torch i think) and it basically gets rid of all the things that dangle around above the bar and gives you below the bar depower. It costs around $140 i think and can be retro fitted to the 07 boxer. There is a page on the naish web site which explains everything. Hope this helps.
QLD
123 Posts
Posted 16/05/2008, 5:37 am        Report    
Hi there, I checked out the upgrade - much smarter! Where did you get the kit? The pull pull depower system on my 07 bar is rubbish - a joke to adjust out on the water. Cheers
QLD
312 Posts
Posted 16/05/2008, 10:17 am        Report    
I think you can get it from any Naish retailer...
NT
237 Posts
Posted 16/05/2008, 6:50 pm        Report    
I bought mine from Briskites in Redcliffe, QLD. I found the pull-pull system to be fine though, never had any trouble with it, I just prefer the Smart Loop
QLD
123 Posts
Posted 17/05/2008, 6:21 pm        Report    
Thanks for the replies fellas, Yep I'm getting the upgrade through Briskites - am looking forward to a much tidier bar!

Page: of 1
All Forums > Kitesurfing > Gear Reviews > 2007 12 metre sle naish boxer
^^^ Return to top of page ^^^