Forums > Kitesurfing > Gear Reviews > 2009 North Rebel 14m
Author 2009 North Rebel 14m
Page: of 1
NSW
1434 Posts
Site Sponsor!
Visit Website
Posted 18/8/2008, 7:19 am        Report
Got to finally have a fly on the 2009 REBEL 14m yesterday. Ken has definiteyl done an amazing job on the REBEL this year. Conditions: 10 knots @ Caloundra River with about 4 knots of tide assistance. First impressions: Kite is a lot more "C" shaped than last years, even more than the 2009 12m REBEL. Inflation in awesome now with Lazy pump. Inflight: Power was awesome, this kite is so powerful for a 14m, but it turns like a 12m! I have never seen a 14m turn so fast and so pivital. Both the 12m and 14m have a very unique turning property that I have not seen on any other kite, I think this is the biggest feature of the 09 REBEL. It is so easy to get power out of the kite because it turns so tight & cleanly. Jumping was great, more hang than I was expecting, hard to really tell in such light conditions though. I hope some of the crew that demo'd it yesterday get on here and tell of their experiences. This kite has really impressed me. I didn't get to try relaunch on the 14m, but the 12m is super fast and easy. The kite doesn't want to stay down. All up I would say on both kites that they fly a little bigger than what you would expect. So if your normally at the top end on your 12m, you should go for an 11m, and I think some 14m guys are going to comfortable on 12m's this year. Great work North (again!) JB

Page: of 1
Forums > Kitesurfing > Gear Reviews > 2009 North Rebel 14m

^^^ Return to top of page ^^^