Active Topics |  Search

Login or Register
Forums > Kitesurfing > Gear Reviews > 2012 BWS Noise vs 2012 North Rebel
Author 2012 BWS Noise vs 2012 North Rebel
Page: of 8
WA
148 Posts
Posted 26/2/2012, 10:24 pm        Report
bar grip has deteriorated and rust traces are present inside emergency release on every 2012 i have seen 10 sessions or older.. iv seen two brand new safety leashes bend on the hook under flag out (one on suicide so fair enough).... is that good? The design and practicality of the bar is near on perfect but quality has well slipped this year over previous.. disclaimer: i pay top dollar for my kites brand new and have owned 7 north kites because they fly so fugging awesome. Every serious malfunction or quality concern has been addressed by the company/dealer i purchased the kite from to a very high standard. i just hope 2013 see's some improvements!
QLD
106 Posts
Posted 27/2/2012, 7:18 am        Report
yes but not all of us are fortunate enough to have perfect wind and wave direction at the same time, everytime they have a session, especially if you surf unhooked.
eppo said...
Agreed on the slowness but when you are hurtling down a 6 foot indo wave, barreling and spitting behind you, you want a steady slow kite.
WA
Barbados
1966 Posts
Posted 27/2/2012, 4:48 pm        Report
poor relative said...
^^^^Poor Relo.... This is by far the best and most imformative comment on this thread so far. . **** you even got a swear word in, moderate that Laurie!. I wonder what the silverback's choice would be....? BUMP
WA
5141 Posts
Posted 27/2/2012, 8:01 pm        Report
dave...... said...
poor relative said...
^^^^Poor Relo.... This is by far the best and most imformative comment on this thread so far. . **** you even got a swear word in, moderate that Laurie!. I wonder what the silverback's choice would be....? BUMP
So who is the idiot that keeps it afloat?
WA
Barbados
1966 Posts
Posted 28/2/2012, 8:19 pm        Report
^^^Me, baby, me. Eppo, dont take the red thumbs to heart, I dont red thumb people, But I do like soilent green...... BUMP
WA
Barbados
1966 Posts
Posted 28/2/2012, 8:21 pm        Report
God, Its not 7 pages yet..... a video might help
That music, aint my cup of tea.... BUMP!
WA
5141 Posts
Posted 29/2/2012, 11:25 am        Report
In the name of seven pages, I will say that I'm interested to see what the new Peter Lynn LEI's are like, good pedigree.
New Zealand
678 Posts
Posted 1/3/2012, 8:49 am        Report
Cant believe this thread is still going havent had the time to spare to read it all yet but def looks like its gonna crack 7 or 8 pages,must be a serious lack of wind around.
WA
Barbados
1966 Posts
Posted 1/3/2012, 5:33 pm        Report
Just to make things fair.....
Seriously ben, no whack off the lip????
WA
5141 Posts
Posted 2/3/2012, 7:37 am        Report
Yeh that is one huge ass wave hey.
NSW
371 Posts
Posted 5/3/2012, 6:51 pm        Report
he might'v been able to do a turn if he'd been on a rebel
WA
5141 Posts
Posted 6/3/2012, 9:40 am        Report
Totally agree. Perfect kite for this sort of thing the BWS. Perth onshore slop, one wonders. Then again I feel the same about SB's in perth, what is the point?
WA
65 Posts
Posted 6/3/2012, 12:38 pm        Report
some a more research ey, JP on windsurfer from 4.30min on this vid at cloudabreaka, maybe a strapped for kiting betterer in thees conditionoza
WA
408 Posts
Posted 6/3/2012, 5:19 pm        Report
Roo nuts needed Awesome
WA
5141 Posts
Posted 6/3/2012, 6:22 pm        Report
Yep that was awesome!
NSW
1398 Posts
Posted 8/3/2012, 6:50 am        Report
So Snowie, hows that decision going hey?
VIC
1329 Posts
Posted 8/3/2012, 3:01 pm        Report
JP just shredding at Cloudbreak. Best windsurfing on a left that I've ever seen recorded. PROPS!! Great thread by the way. I've laughed, I've cried, I've felt agony and ecstasy; what a great saga! Keep it coming.
WA
1427 Posts
Posted 8/3/2012, 7:07 pm        Report
So many good deals in the buy and sell section for both rebels and BWS Noise (7 pages of rebels for sale :-0)
WA
5141 Posts
Posted 8/3/2012, 10:06 pm        Report
Poida said...
So many good deals in the buy and sell section for both rebels and BWS Noise (7 pages of rebels for sale :-0)
That's because they sell so many do to their superior performance. 7 ages here we come. LOL
WA
2568 Posts
Posted 9/3/2012, 12:21 am        Report
eppo said...
Poida said...
That's because they sell so many do to their superior performance. 7 ages here we come. LOL
Yep this one sure has been going for ages, will it go to 10? Im tempted to mention another brand and get it locked
WA
5141 Posts
Posted 9/3/2012, 9:27 am        Report
what's the point, everyone seems to blind to the fact that the rebel is the superior kite out there.
NSW
1398 Posts
Posted 10/3/2012, 6:55 am        Report
eppo said...
what's the point, everyone seems to blind to the fact that the rebel is the superior kite out there.
It's Kony's fault.
QLD
109 Posts
Posted 10/3/2012, 12:57 pm        Report
Ahhh! ya just bs'ing on to get it over the page, Some kinda record.??? I think the Vegas is better than both of them. It just backs up down the line like its glued there... Turns instantly... Absorbs the gusts... Don't know why it never gets a mention or is ever included in these type discussions. and It's still North.
WA
5141 Posts
Posted 10/3/2012, 1:58 pm        Report
Yeh true doesn't get much of a mention. Watched a pro rider at my secret local once just do the most absurd sh1t on a vegas. If I was really hitting the limits yeh I'd go a vegas. The rebel is just a good all rounder, a fun kite in experienced hands. But the vegas can move you into some real technical areas, I'm too old to try!
New Zealand
678 Posts
Posted 10/3/2012, 2:55 pm        Report
Could of summed this topic up about 5 1/2 pages ago ,for a dedicated surf kite Noise hands down for an all rounder then Rebel would be the go if i had to choose between the two then i'd go the all rounder but am glad i have other choices sorry epp.
QLD
109 Posts
Posted 10/3/2012, 3:35 pm        Report
eppo said...
Yeh true doesn't get much of a mention. Watched a pro rider at my secret local once just do the most absurd sh1t on a vegas. If I was really hitting the limits yeh I'd go a vegas. The rebel is just a good all rounder, a fun kite in experienced hands. But the vegas can move you into some real technical areas, I'm too old to try!
I'd beg to differ there. I see the Rebel as "the machine" especially up wind, and the vegas as "the alrounder", the do anything kite. I see the Vegas as the kite that absorbs the gusts, no deadspots in the turns, no waiting, its there when you want it to be, and if you want to go trick riding, (which I don't) you could do it as well. The vegas might be labeled as doing technical stuff, but it is just a cruisy kite if you want it to be. So it sort of gives you the best of everything.
WA
5141 Posts
Posted 10/3/2012, 7:15 pm        Report
samoht said...
eppo said...
I'd beg to differ there. I see the Rebel as "the machine" especially up wind, and the vegas as "the alrounder", the do anything kite. I see the Vegas as the kite that absorbs the gusts, no deadspots in the turns, no waiting, its there when you want it to be, and if you want to go trick riding, (which I don't) you could do it as well. The vegas might be labeled as doing technical stuff, but it is just a cruisy kite if you want it to be. So it sort of gives you the best of everything. Cool I will have to demo one, then.
WA
148 Posts
Posted 10/3/2012, 9:13 pm        Report
you can set up a vegas to be faster than a rebel or slower, have similiar bar pressure (maybe a bit heavier) or heaps heavier to have similiar depower or heaps less.. can be a confusing kite to set up and doing a bad combination of wing tip/ LE for your level/style can make you feel like a complete tard all session. IMO the difference is the bottom and top end and no points for guessing which is the king of which! ive found the 10m vegas to have a similar wind range to an 8m rebel and the rebel still is the first to be depowered in 23knots +!! both super stable but the rebels bottom end/grunt makes it better down the line for waves ect. Oh and the relaunch!
QLD
335 Posts
Posted 11/3/2012, 11:12 am        Report
flew the 2012 rebel the other day, whats the big deal? it reminded me of a crossbow without the heavy bar.
NSW
4196 Posts
Posted 12/3/2012, 1:51 pm        Report
I think 8 pages or we havent tried hard enough. This should keep things kicking. The new "extra strong longer lasting" material North are useing on their canopys is apparently a bit of a marketing gimick. Surprise,surprise. It may be slightly stronger but when it does rip,and it will in the waves, it rips in a zig zag fashion.Not a straight rip, and also frays really badly making repair jobs a real problem and cost a sh!t load more to repair, repairs then look horrid so resale value is significantly lower. 8 pages here we come.

Page: of 8
Forums > Kitesurfing > Gear Reviews > 2012 BWS Noise vs 2012 North Rebel
12345678 << PrevNext >> Last
^^^ Return to top of page ^^^