Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

FONE BANDIT 2014

Created by Dragonpig > 9 months ago, 3 Oct 2013
Dragonpig
NSW, 45 posts
3 Oct 2013 10:30AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys ,

Just wanted to check in to see if there was any feedback out of OZ on these kites? Last year this forum easily had the best write ups post the Le Morne dealer meeting so was hoping of more of the same.

Thx

AllianceGear
NSW, 95 posts
3 Oct 2013 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

not yet, the new kites will be on our shores soon. excited to try the new bandit as the 6 was pretty good kite, and now they have the new chicken loop as well!

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
3 Oct 2013 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dragonpig said...
[br]Hi guys ,

Just wanted to check in to see if there was any feedback out of OZ on these kites? Last year this forum easily had the best write ups post the Le Morne dealer meeting so was hoping of more of the same.

Thx

A good mate has been riding the new bandit 7 and raves about the kite, they've changed the canopy material making a much taughter stable canopy, he's a pro rider for a shop and flys Vegas,s ill relay any questions if you need

Dragonpig
NSW, 45 posts
22 Oct 2013 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

95 pies and a few years of kiting in rubbish conditions

Ok got the new 10 and 8m .

Took the 8 out in a very sketchy side offshore gale which really didnt give me a good idea as to how the kite felt ..... the 25->45 knt range ( all in the space of 10 seconds every 10 seconds ) was pretty much unkiteable so i look fwd to getting it out in more stable conditions . I moved the setting to the slower / more bar pressure option and had a little more joy .

The next day i had the 10 out in 25-30 and i must say it does pretty much everything the reviews on iksurf say it does .
- Quick yet very predictable, when i came back to rest after the 1st hr i said to the dealer it feels like ive been flying this kite for the last 5yrs.
- Flys further fwd in the window than previous years
- Jumps more vertically
- Loops incredibly smoothly
- High end is def better and it handles gusts like nothing ive really come across
- Unfortunately i think the low end is prob going to be a little worse .
- I dont unhook as have dodgey shoulders so cant comment on that

Shout if u have any other questions .............. The main point here is i was very concerned that they were going to change what was a incredible kite into something which was totally different ..... Thankfully what has happened is they have produced a kite which is a little different but somehow better . Like with all kites you just need to try it !

Alexandre
2 posts
5 Nov 2013 12:18AM
Thumbs Up

I'd like somebody could explain feeling difference between 10 - 11 - 12 kites.
Would you please?
I'm about to change from a Cabrinha SB 2013 12 to a F-one 2014. Here on the spot we kitesurf, kite size is 12 but I believe experienced as I'm by now I'd pick a smaller kite.

Sandfoot
VIC, 566 posts
7 Nov 2013 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Alexandre said..

I'd like somebody could explain feeling difference between 10 - 11 - 12 kites.
Would you please?
I'm about to change from a Cabrinha SB 2013 12 to a F-one 2014. Here on the spot we kitesurf, kite size is 12 but I believe experienced as I'm by now I'd pick a smaller kite.

Hi Alex,

Normally the smaller the size of the kite the faster and easier to control, the smaller kite will have less power.

If you had a 12 M Cab SB the F-ONE 12 will have similar power, maybe a bit less in the low end.

I would talk to experienced locals about the best kite for your weight and local conditions...or go to your local kite shop/ kite supplier and ask them.

Cheers Mate.

wetdog
3 posts
9 Nov 2013 6:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dragonpig said..

95 pies and a few years of kiting in rubbish conditions

Ok got the new 10 and 8m .

Took the 8 out in a very sketchy side offshore gale which really didnt give me a good idea as to how the kite felt ..... the 25->45 knt range ( all in the space of 10 seconds every 10 seconds ) was pretty much unkiteable so i look fwd to getting it out in more stable conditions . I moved the setting to the slower / more bar pressure option and had a little more joy .

The next day i had the 10 out in 25-30 and i must say it does pretty much everything the reviews on iksurf say it does .
- Quick yet very predictable, when i came back to rest after the 1st hr i said to the dealer it feels like ive been flying this kite for the last 5yrs.
- Flys further fwd in the window than previous years
- Jumps more vertically
- Loops incredibly smoothly
- High end is def better and it handles gusts like nothing ive really come across
- Unfortunately i think the low end is prob going to be a little worse .
- I dont unhook as have dodgey shoulders so cant comment on that

Shout if u have any other questions .............. The main point here is i was very concerned that they were going to change what was a incredible kite into something which was totally different ..... Thankfully what has happened is they have produced a kite which is a little different but somehow better . Like with all kites you just need to try it !

Thanks for sharing. Would you say that the Bandit 2014 drifts better than the B6?

Kuzi
WA, 26 posts
4 Jan 2014 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

any feedback on teh new bar and the small chicken loop yet?

Cheers

liquidchild
SA, 107 posts
6 Mar 2014 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kuzi said..
any feedback on teh new bar and the small chicken loop yet?Cheers

Hi I have the 9m Bandit 7, unfortunately the new bar isn't out yet.

I used to ride C4's and loved riding them.
I was pleasantly suprised after demoing the B7, decided to make the switch. Love the wind range on these kites. The hang time/boost, turning speed and the feel of the kite. Basically all the positive things that were mentioned above, I can confirm. Also tried the Acid board, such a sick board, absorbs hard landings really well, boosts/pops insanely and yes keeps the spray out of your face. Same goes for the Trax which I feel works better in choppy swellls. All in all happy with F-One gear.

Twoscoops
WA, 15 posts
6 Mar 2014 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
liquidchild said..

Kuzi said..
any feedback on teh new bar and the small chicken loop yet?Cheers

Hi I have the 9m Bandit 7, unfortunately the new bar isn't out yet.

I used to ride C4's and loved riding them.
I was pleasantly suprised after demoing the B7, decided to make the switch. Love the wind range on these kites. The hang time/boost, turning speed and the feel of the kite. Basically all the positive things that were mentioned above, I can confirm. Also tried the Acid board, such a sick board, absorbs hard landings really well, boosts/pops insanely and yes keeps the spray out of your face. Same goes for the Trax which I feel works better in choppy swellls. All in all happy with F-One gear.

Hi liquidchild,

Which Trax did you try? I am tossing between HRD Carbon or Fibreglass but tending towards the fibreglass for a little more Flex. I have a North Xride at the moment but want to make the switch.
I have a 9m and 11m Bandit 7 and so far I am well impressed. Just waiting for the QR to be released.

Easky
1 posts
8 Mar 2014 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Lads love to hear more about B7. Is the kite heavier with this new material? I also heard the jumps weren't as good. I'm thinking of the 12m/10m/8m quiver at as they say 90pies

undertow
QLD, 70 posts
25 Mar 2014 12:26AM
Thumbs Up

I have a 12 and 9m, loving the kites this year. More direct, great unhooking, still jumps good. new material is stiffer but I wouldn't say heavier, my 12 relaunches better than previous versions in light wind. 9m is pretty awesome. top end is greater, bottom much the same maybe slightly less on big sizes, nicer to fly though.
have seen the new bar, bit more colour, moulded floats and new cl which seems easy to use and put back togeather.

tom82
VIC, 13 posts
25 Apr 2014 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Easky- I switched from B5 (which I was very happy with) to 12/9/7m B7s. Definitely feels quite different to fly. I can definitely vouch for the marketing spiel that says "less lateral pull" (feels like a lot less pressure through the harness, which is great as I used to get back aches) and responsive turning even when bar out. I would say I haven't had enough hours on the water with them yet to master the different feeling: the 12 and 9 seem to be falling out the sky a lot more than my trusty 10m B5 ever did (never). Probably I'm just doing something wrong though..

I would say the bottom end is a little weaker than the B5 for sure. But overall still top rate kites, for sure.

tom82
VIC, 13 posts
25 Apr 2014 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

I am wondering if anyone who's switched to B7s has any advise on how jumping has changed with this version of the kite...? I'm an intermediate kiter: I used to be a competent jumper with my B5, but for some reason I really haven't gotten to feeling of jumping with the B7s. I do notice that it feels like a lot more of a 'straight up' lift, but I can't get a good amount of height consistently where I could previously.. Frustrating!

Stu101
131 posts
20 May 2014 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Have you taken the the Wong tip atrachmebts in one to the higher bar pressure setting? That may help you correct your jumping technique. You get less flutter during turns then as well.

diamond2001
WA, 436 posts
21 May 2014 3:37AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone demo 'ed the core riot and the bandit together?

omg
275 posts
23 May 2014 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

I own B7 and XR3 both in 12m2. Yes, they are that different.

XR3 is a low wind monster; I ride only strapless and with the Nugget the XR3 goes in ridiculously light winds. It's not purely grunty kite, you need to get the speed up just a bit and off you go! Bandit7 is nowhere near the XR3 in light winds, although B7 turns better and with a bit lighter bar pressure (I ride the XR3 in lightest and fastest setup both in front bridal and back attachment points). XR3 also jumps way better than Bandit in low winds. I bought the XR3 after B7 12 because I gain at least 1ms better lowend with XR3 and if I can't get going with it then it's pointless. I wouldn't go any bigger than that. I just briefly had XR2 15 last year but it was really a case of diminishing returns; got just a bit better low end than B5 12m2 but XR2 got much heavier for surfboard way too quickly. B712 is as you can guess by my review a better in waves than the XR3 12 (can't comment on smaller sizes), but that depends also on the wind direction naturally...

Due to this, I might switch from B712 to 10 or 11m2, but then I have B7 9 and 7 already. Decisions, decisions...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"FONE BANDIT 2014" started by Dragonpig