Active Topics |  Search

Login or Register
Forums > Kitesurfing > Gear Reviews > Griffin Argo 2012 17 meters pure awesomeness
Author Griffin Argo 2012 17 meters pure awesomeness
Page: of 1
NSW
329 Posts
Posted 21/3/2012, 8:40 pm        Report
Rider: 75,Level (beginner- 9 months into the sport) Style: Freestyle Weather: 10 knots Build Quality: 10/10 Satisfaction: 10/10 Disclosure: Just a beginner My Comments: Guys, I have been on the northern beaches (at the Basin, Long Reef, Narrabeen, etc) many times this summer and ended up looking depressed at other people with bigger kites having fun, while my 10 Meters Rally 2011 would rest nice and easy on the beach waiting for the wind that never comes. That's why I've decided to get a Bigger kite. And I did. 17 meters Argo 2012. I cannot say that I have a lot of experience as I've only tried 6-7 kites in my life, but feels absolutely amazing. It's super fast, versatile, reliable, heaps heaps of power, super up wind capabilities, and lots of depower too. I couldn't believe how easy and fast turns. I can't wait to take it out again. Tonight it was my first night riding it at the Basin in probably around 10 knots. It was also my first time to ever go upwind so well (especially at the Basin). In other words I was kicking ass upwind on a 129 Kahoon Sutra twin tip in really nasty surf. Not to mention I finally managed some cool jumps :))) Besides the fact that the price was amazing, it comes with bag, 5 meters extension lines, 10 meters extension lines, safety leash, bar, standard 20 something meters lines and with a great great attitude. Downsides: Couldn't find any, but maybe later. Thank you Chris, awesome job creating this!
QLD
7 Posts
Posted 23/3/2012, 8:43 am        Report
I love the kite too. My last light wind kite was a north Rhino 2 18 m beast that nearly killed me, and I went through a long period when I just didn't kite at all in light wind. the 17m Argo has changed all that!! I took advantage of the company's personalised screen printing offer, and had it branded for my company, and thought that as it was a low cost kite (relative to some others) it was a low risk. I was in no way prepared for how excellent this kite really is. On days when everyone else is tripping over their bottom lip and standing on the sand, I am out there on what has to be the most fastest turning big kite on the market. The variable length lines give even greater flexibility, and the re launch in even light air means that you can always get the big fella back in the air after a careless drop. The wind range is wide enough for me to take it up to 20 knots, but I have a stack of other options for that, the range is more of interest for those who find themselves in a change of conditions in a session. You can always get back in safely. I have yet to try the 12012 Argo in surf, which is my greatest passion, particularly on a longboard, but for those with a passion for lightwind riding, I highly recommend it. Cordially Yours. Michael
218 Posts
Posted 23/3/2012, 12:12 pm        Report
hey guys i did a bit of a search for the kite (googlised it) but kept getting stuck for suppliers of the 2012, and the pricing. can anyone point me in the right direction? and/or possibly for a demo in WA? cheers
NSW
329 Posts
Posted 23/3/2012, 9:48 pm        Report
SUre, call this guy: Elanora Heights Sydney 2101 Australia Phone: 0417733383 Contact Name: Christian van der Plaat Enjoy!
mazdon said...
hey guys i did a bit of a search for the kite (googlised it) but kept getting stuck for suppliers of the 2012, and the pricing. can anyone point me in the right direction? and/or possibly for a demo in WA? cheers
NSW
198 Posts
Posted 24/3/2012, 9:23 pm        Report
mazdon said...
for a WA demo contact a local agent/reseller http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/Review/Argo-17m-light-wind/ http://www.seabreeze.com.au/Members/Profile/Details.aspx?member=pilotpete or Sydney contact myself, Full Recommended retail price is $1,469 kite only add $200 for a bar and lines
QLD
64 Posts
Posted 27/3/2012, 12:33 pm        Report
does anyone know if the 17m will work using an ozone contact 54cm bar?
Spain
103 Posts
Posted 27/3/2012, 2:23 pm        Report
You must check that 4 lines has the same lenght. In any case, is not a big problem. You could use extensions for the lines you need them (better on the kite than in the lines, so you could use the bar for another kite without making changes on the bar). It's easy to tune. I've used the Argo 17m 2011 with the standard griffin bar (53cm) and had no problem (even it turns easier with a longer bar). A longer bar could specially help when using long lines (up to 35-40m).

Page: of 1
Forums > Kitesurfing > Gear Reviews > Griffin Argo 2012 17 meters pure awesomeness
^^^ Return to top of page ^^^