Thumbs Up

/images/misc/forum-image-missing.gif

Rider: 75KG ,Level advanced
Style: Freeriding, Surf, Wake, Freestyle
Weather: 15 - 25 knots
Build Quality: 10/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Disclosure: (shop/team rider at [URL]www.intheloopkiteboarding.com[/URL]

I have had the new 2014 Vegas for the past few weeks now.

I took it to Exmouth a couple of weeks ago and got to test in perfect flat water conditions at Sandy Bay and waves at Graveyards.

North mentioned that the kite itself has seen a few additions to this years model but nothing drastic. Out of the bag this kite is top shelf construction and materials. You can see it, feel it and smell it. I am always super stoked at the high quality product North is now known for.

I will add more review information to this thread as I get more sessions under my belt but here are some immediate take aways.

Most direct kite in NKB line up the Vegas is very crisp with great feedback through the bar

POP AND SLACK - If unhooking is your game the Vegas is your go to. Set the kite to Wake mode and you get a very aggressive POP AND SLACK through your tricks. The power delay allows you to throw your trick without the kite pulling (unlike most hybrid 4 line c kite nonsense)

/images/misc/forum-image-missing.gif

AGGRESSIVE LIFT - You can go huge jumping the Vegas. There is more technique involved but once you have it dialed in boosting massive and even megaloops are an absolute JOY. I set it to freestyle mode and run 22M lines for the most aggressive LOOPS with heaps of speed.

This kite is ridden with the new North 5TH Element bar which has been completely reworked. Combine the bar and kite and you a unhooking machine!

[URL]www.intheloopkiteboarding.com[/URL]

chris313
41 posts
18 Oct 2013 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

So........exact same feeling than 2013 model right ?

sci
WA, 762 posts
19 Oct 2013 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Chris,

The kite feel is the same but the bar and lines give it an added sharpness. The lines in particular this year have changed to a stiffer grade giving you a better connection to the kite.

Its also important to choose the correct line length as this will dramatically change the kites feel and performance. I use a combination of the 24m and 22m. This year I will be trying the 19M set up for kite loops.

Also setting the kite to freestyle or wake mode will change the feel. Its great that the Vegas gives you so many damn options to suit your riding style.

19m (70% Handling???/???30% Power)
Super fast and reactive tuning speeds, shorter lines are best for extreme freestyle and crazy kiteloops. They are also excellent for wave riding, where kite turning speed is important. Wakestyle riders like the close connection to the kite too. The disadvantage is you lose some of the low end power.
- Fast and reactive turning
- For extreme Freestyle, Wakestyle and Waves
- Tight, super fast and hard kite loops - See more at: http://www.northkites.com/products/bars/5th-element/#sthash.cs2iF2Lb.dpuf

22m (60% Handling???/???40% Power)
This is the favorite length of our freestyle and wave team! These 22m lines are still great for getting lots of speed from the kite, perfect for wave riding and freestyle. Not as extreme as the 19m lines, they still lose a bit of low end power.
- Reactive turning
- Fast kite loops
- Favorite set up from our freestyle riders
- Best choice for waveriding
- See more at: http://www.northkites.com/products/bars/5th-element/#sthash.cs2iF2Lb.dpuf

24m (50% Handling???/???50% Power)
The best choice for an all round length, good turning speed combined with good power make 24m the perfect choice for a lot of riders. Great for freeride, waves and freestyle.
- The most versatile length
- Great for all round freeriding
- Good low end and a good turning speed
- High jumps as you can ???load??? the lines
- The recommended size for a one bar quiver!!

27m (40% Handling???/???60% Power)
The extra length means extra power, get a little more range out of your quiver by adding this bar with the longer lines. They are also great for jumping as you can really ???load??? the lines when you edge and send the kite back through the window.
- Enormous low end
- Huge jumps
- Lots of lift - See more at: http://www.northkites.com/products/bars/5th-element/#sthash.cs2iF2Lb.dpuf

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"North Vegas 2014 Review" started by sci