Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

North Team Series 2014

Created by okp > 9 months ago, 25 Mar 2014
okp
4 posts
25 Mar 2014 5:10AM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone,

I've done some research over the North Team Series 2014 and didn't found anything.

I'm actually riding a Hadlow FS 138x40 (board has a good rocker) and willing to get to a NKB TS. Many riders are saying that this board is like the graal of kite boards.

I'm 1m78 - 73kg bodyweight - riding straps only - average freestyle level.

That's a bit weird, I've been calling shops, with people that all recommend me to go for the 137 size. No hesitation, even when riding up to 25kts. This is the same regarding North recommendations.

135 : <65kg
137 : 65 > 85kg
141 : > 85kg

Some riders on some others forum, say that I should go for the 134 size.

At this time, I'm a bit lost. The 138x40 hadlow fs is really nice and easier for landings... so which one would you advise me ? 134 or 137 ?

Thanks a lot everyone - enjoy kitesurfing.

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
25 Mar 2014 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

... do you think you'll ever put boots on the board, if so I reckon get the bigger one.

My son has the 141 with boots and he says its the best board ever. He used to ride a 132 and found no real difference in top end, as in the bigger board didn't feel bigger and since the board has great grip can hold tons of power. The 141 has better bottom end compared to the smaller boards and could handle rough water waaaay better than his previous 132 board, so the bigger board has a broader performance range. The so called stiff flex gives it great pop and is good upwind too with its added length and seeing as its mostly carbon, its light as, even the bigger one is easy to throw around.

Hope this helps,

Robbie

okp
4 posts
25 Mar 2014 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Hi, thanks for your kind reply. To be honest, I've not planned to go for boots.

If I'm correct, you also advise me to go for the 137x41 because it's really flexible and will provide more confort and a better overall performance for my 73kgs, right? :D

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
25 Mar 2014 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

Not worth the money in my opinion, snapped the first team series myself, thought it was weak and skatey, I ride a Tona pop which is solid for wakestyle but to heavy for freeride.

I would be looking in the shin or axis direction fir your next board.

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
26 Mar 2014 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

eppo said..

http://www.northkiteboarding.com/video/toms_kitchen_episode_ii/

^ Cringe Should ride okay.. definitely the go 137. If you end up moving to boots I'd beware though... the tracks break and the boards snap under boot load. Straps you should be fine.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
26 Mar 2014 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

Agreed ... Cringe. Funny though.

tomasb
64 posts
26 Mar 2014 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said...
Agreed ... Cringe. Funny though.

and with that constructive gem, he hits 5000 posts

f#%*ing unbelievable

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
26 Mar 2014 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
okp said..

Many riders are saying that this board is like the graal of kite boards.

Yes the graal, invented by North

LostinSpace
QLD, 388 posts
26 Mar 2014 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
juicerider said..

okp said..

Many riders are saying that this board is like the graal of kite boards.

Yes the graal, invented by North

I wonder if North also invented the Universe?

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
26 Mar 2014 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

Re-invented by North, just not as good!

okp
4 posts
27 Mar 2014 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

:) Thanks for the support guys.

134x40 would be similar to a more classic ride... I hope that with the 137 I will be able to jump high and get a good speed

I am actually also working my blind, both sides so larger will be... easier I assume

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
27 Mar 2014 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah a bit more surface area will help with your landings and also provide you with a bit more pop. Basic rule of thumb is ride the biggest board you can while still maintaining control and edging.

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
27 Mar 2014 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

video was a good laugh, interesting mix for the music a bit of creativity and some old school without being overly ... toby,

okp
4 posts
28 Mar 2014 3:44AM
Thumbs Up

@all : thanks !

@drury : thanks a lot, I was hesitating a lot... but now I'm quite sure that 137 is the good size.

GarryA
WA, 264 posts
13 Apr 2014 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
okp said..

Hi everyone,

I've done some research over the North Team Series 2014 and didn't found anything.

I'm actually riding a Hadlow FS 138x40 (board has a good rocker) and willing to get to a NKB TS. Many riders are saying that this board is like the graal of kite boards.

I'm 1m78 - 73kg bodyweight - riding straps only - average freestyle level.

That's a bit weird, I've been calling shops, with people that all recommend me to go for the 137 size. No hesitation, even when riding up to 25kts. This is the same regarding North recommendations.

135 : <65kg
137 : 65 > 85kg
141 : > 85kg

Some riders on some others forum, say that I should go for the 134 size.

At this time, I'm a bit lost. The 138x40 hadlow fs is really nice and easier for landings... so which one would you advise me ? 134 or 137 ?

Thanks a lot everyone - enjoy kitesurfing.

stick with the hadlow

burnsy11
WA, 122 posts
13 Apr 2014 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

get the 137 - I have it & best board I've ridden - ****s on everything else out there

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
13 Apr 2014 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

What other boards have you ridden Burnsey?

My cardboard tempo was a way better board than the team series and that was two years ago and it was a he'll of a lot cheaper and stronger!

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
13 Apr 2014 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Better in terms of what Nick? Yeh on know some guys that still have the tempo and still rate it as an awesome board...bit heavy though hey?

burnsy11
WA, 122 posts
13 Apr 2014 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Was actually riding a CB 135 Temp & CB Freeride 136 before Nick - both great boards - but the TS ticked all the boxes when I tried out whats out there. Very light board & the NTT pads are great.

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
13 Apr 2014 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Eppo, tempo popped better tracked better and never broke but straps were disgusting. With the concave and rocker, handled heavy landings well.

Ntt straps are awesome I'll give you that Burnsey, pity they're not a six inch spacing or they'd sell heaps to fit to other boards (probably a marketing ploy)

Team costs too much imo and carbon breaks. For me I don't mind a bit of weight in my boards but I do ride a tona pop which is the heaviest on the market I think.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
14 Apr 2014 6:27AM
Thumbs Up

Ta nick and yeh I had a cardboard board straps no good, but easy to get different ones.

Knobby Rash
VIC, 44 posts
18 Apr 2014 7:19AM
Thumbs Up

Personally after breaking my 2013 North Jaime Pro, whilst under warranty ,and having them admit that there was a problem with their boards. They offered a replacement for $650.00.........i will NEVER buy another North product again.
i ground back the bottom of the board to reveal the miniscule Carbon Beam that they are so proud to claim gives it its strength , to find that it has not been laid up properly on one side and has allowed the board to break where it does not cover the fin area.
Stay away from North Boards.
Shinn Monk for Me next.

saltydawg
WA, 130 posts
19 Apr 2014 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

I used to ride a 2012 team series 133/41 with boots @ 77kg and never felt that it wasn't big enough although not the softest landings, id go with the 137.

speed brother
QLD, 126 posts
25 Apr 2014 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

Go the 137. Im 78kg and 134 is too small. I think it was designed for juniors, feels shorter than the same size select.

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
25 Apr 2014 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NickT said..

Eppo, tempo popped better tracked better and never broke but straps were disgusting. With the concave and rocker, handled heavy landings well.

Ntt straps are awesome I'll give you that Burnsey, pity they're not a six inch spacing or they'd sell heaps to fit to other boards (probably a marketing ploy)

Team costs too much imo and carbon breaks. For me I don't mind a bit of weight in my boards but I do ride a tona pop which is the heaviest on the market I think.

^ this is right.
And I know a lot of people who are snapping gamblers regularly as well, seems like the problem spreads over more than just the TS.

I was actually looking for a 2nd hand tempo a little while ago simply because I thought they were one of the best boards out and would still ride one of them over a majority of the stuff on the market today. especially for boots.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"North Team Series 2014" started by okp