Forums > Land Yacht Sailing Blokarts

2011 CQBC Cape Hillsborough Regatta

Created by djb > 9 months ago, 17 Feb 2011
djb
QLD, 174 posts
17 Feb 2011 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

2011 CQBC Cape Hillsborough Regatta

CQBC are intending to host the 2011 CQBC Cape Hillsborough Regatta at Cape Hillsborough Beach on the 21-23 October 2011.
This is the best choice we have to utilise the tides at this time of the year, as there are no suitable weekend tides within months of this date.

Friday 21st is to be a practice and scrutineering day, with short course racing on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd October.

This event is still in its early planning stages and we are looking for support from other clubs to help make sure the event is viable.

We are keen to run this event on an annual basis as the last two Regattas have proven to be very successful.

Please circulate this with your club members and send any feed back to me as we endeavour to add another event to the blokarting calendar.

Darren Bianchi
Vice President CQBC
Phone 0749521889, 0439775595

THEBIGC
28 posts
17 Feb 2011 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Same dates as Victorian State Titles at Waraknabeal Aerodrome.

djb
QLD, 174 posts
17 Feb 2011 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

Our Club presented these dates to all ABA delegates some time ago, before any of these other events had their dates released.

We had no objection from any of the other clubs and no notification of their intention to run events at a similar time.

I presented a format to the ABA through our club delegate that any club could use to show their intention to run an event, and to my knowledge, our club is the only one that has had the courtesy to use it.

We chose these dates to fit in with the tidal conditions available to us.

The Victorian event is to be held on an airstrip which is not regulated by tidal conditions.
Their choice of date for their event was chosen after they knew when our event is to be run.

The idea of the letter of intent was to minimise any conflict of dates for events.

If all clubs use the format, event dates would be less likely to overlap.

Darren

djb
QLD, 174 posts
26 Feb 2011 1:38AM
Thumbs Up

Practice day at Bucasia today.
Dial ups with short course and a marathon trial.
Starts from 11.00am.
Bring your timers and sunscreen.

djb
QLD, 174 posts
21 Apr 2011 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

The 2011 CQBC Queensland blokart Titles have been run and won.

This is our next major beach event to be run.

Bookings at the resort have already started.

daisygirl
QLD, 109 posts
27 Apr 2011 10:36PM
Thumbs Up

Flights booked!! Anyone offering to lend a kart??

djb
QLD, 174 posts
27 Apr 2011 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

I'll have a chat with some of the locals and see how many spares are around.
Were you looking at bringing your sails and mast up and using a local chassis or did you need the full kart complete?

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
28 Apr 2011 8:18AM
Thumbs Up

daisygirl said...

Flights booked!! Anyone offering to lend a kart??

Judy. We will have 3 spare karts at the moment. 1 will be for a Victorian competiter, you and Bernie can have the other 2. As Darren said, will you have your own carbon - sails and pods ???. Dave Moore.

daisygirl
QLD, 109 posts
30 Apr 2011 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

I have checked the luggage allowanced with Qantas and seems like we can have one extra bag (23kgs) for $15 or 2 extra bags for $45 each person each way so we will start weighing and organising what we are going to bring but think just a chassis will be OK (or maybe with one sail ie 4metre) would be good.

Red sails
QLD, 57 posts
6 May 2011 12:37AM
Thumbs Up

I'm hoping I may be able to swing the Regatta this year and with that in mind what was the deal you got Judy and through whom?

Virgin is $79 each way. I have dealt with Hunter Express road freight online company e-go.com.au and their price for 1mx1mx1m 100kg crate from their Pinkenba depot to their Mackay depot in Paget is $85 and return for $62. This could be an option to share costs if you want to take karts/sails/pieces with you. There is 2-3 day delivery so it would have to go early.

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
6 May 2011 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

Red sails said...

I'm hoping I may be able to swing the Regatta this year and with that in mind what was the deal you got Judy and through whom?

Virgin is $79 each way. I have dealt with Hunter Express road freight online company e-go.com.au and their price for 1mx1mx1m 100kg crate from their Pinkenba depot to their Mackay depot in Paget is $85 and return for $62. This could be an option to share costs if you want to take karts/sails/pieces with you. There is 2-3 day delivery so it would have to go early.
To all our friends who a travelling from out of town for this event.. Cape Hilllsborough Nature Resort has locked up several units for the use of Blokarters. When booking camp-caravan- cabin accomadation, please quote you are Blokart Party. Fax:0749590500 - Ph:0749590152 - Email:enquiries@capehillsboroughresort.com.au - www.capehillsboroughresort.com.
Regards Dave Moore. C.Q.B.C.

djb
QLD, 174 posts
6 May 2011 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

For anyone travelling here and freighting their karts into Mackay, we can arrange pick up and delivery from the depot to and from the event if required.

We are heading up to Cape Hillsborough on the Friday morning and will return Sunday afternoon, so as long as the gear is here for pick up, we can get it to and from the event as well.

Let me know if I can help out.

Darren

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
12 May 2011 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

The C.Q.B.C. Regatta 2011, October 20-21-22nd is a definate go ahead with all permits etc in with Marine Parks. Why not join us and combine a large Blokart event with a look at our beautifull Whitsunday Islands and Airlie Beach, both being only 1.1/2hrs drive north of Cape Hillsborough. For the Flyers to this event, hire a car and see the wonders of our central Qld coast and islands. Take a week or two off and become a tourist while having fun in a Blokart.
Entry forms out soon for event.
Pick up and despatch of frieghted Karts will be provided.
Come join us in Mackay Qld.
Dave Moore C.Q.B.C.

daisygirl
QLD, 109 posts
12 May 2011 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Red sails said...

We have booked Qantas at $85 pp each way. Arrive Mackay Thurs 20Oct at 10:50am and depart Mackay Monday 24Oct at 4:15pm so plenty of time to help setup and pack up.

Brett will need to check about sending the karts separately because arent they more than 1 metre tall? Will chat soon.

LC
QLD, 6 posts
15 May 2011 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

OLD FART said...

The C.Q.B.C. Regatta 2011, October 20-21-22nd is a definate go ahead with all permits etc in with Marine Parks. Why not join us and combine a large Blokart event with a look at our beautifull Whitsunday Islands and Airlie Beach, both being only 1.1/2hrs drive north of Cape Hillsborough. For the Flyers to this event, hire a car and see the wonders of our central Qld coast and islands. Take a week or two off and become a tourist while having fun in a Blokart.
Dave Moore C.Q.B.C.

Are these dates accurate? As 21-23rd october is mentioned by Darren in earlier post If incorrect please clarify!
Regards LC

djb
QLD, 174 posts
16 May 2011 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

Friday 21st October is a practice day with racing on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd October 2011 at Cape Hillsborough.

Plans are well underway with the event locked in.

For race enquiries, contact me or the the Resort for accommodation in cabins, tents or vans. Make bookings under Blokart party
Email: enquiries@capehillsboroughresort.com.au
Phone: 0749590152 Fax: 0749590500

Darren Bianchi
Vice President CQBC

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
21 May 2011 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

LC said...

OLD FART said...

Dave Moore C.Q.B.C.

Are these dates accurate? As 21-23rd october is mentioned by Darren in earlier post If incorrect please clarify!
Regards LC

My apologys on dates, I counted 3 days from when I arrive at Cape Hillsborough.Dave Moore

djb
QLD, 174 posts
14 Jun 2011 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

2011 CQBC Cape Hillsborough Regatta Entry Form available at:

cqbc.yolasite.com/

For any enquiries, contact me or any of our committee members,

Darren Bianchi

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
29 Jun 2011 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

djb said...

2011 CQBC Cape Hillsborough Regatta Entry Form available at:

cqbc.yolasite.com/

For any enquiries, contact me or any of our committee members,

Darren Bianchi

Entries are starting to flow in well now. Please Don't forget when booking accomadation at Cape hillsborough Resort, to mention you are Blokart party, as they have cabins put aside for us. See you in October. Dave Moore.

djb
QLD, 174 posts
15 Aug 2011 12:33AM
Thumbs Up

Early entries are coming in already, with another paid entry from Sydney to add to the mix.

Remember when booking accommodation to mention you are with the blokart group.

If you need help with transport from Mackay to Cape Hillsborough, please let us know as soon as possible so we can assist you where possible.

Darren Bianchi
Vice President CQBC

Andy B
WA, 130 posts
21 Aug 2011 10:35PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys, all the very best for this event, wish we were going .
Go Darren

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
22 Aug 2011 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

Word just come in from Victoria last night, We have a Vic contestant looking at airline bookings for Regatta and two weeks R & R plus sailing Mackay & Whitsundays. Great news from the Mexicans. Dave Moore

djb
QLD, 174 posts
22 Aug 2011 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

I will be picking three up from the Gold Coast when they arrive at the airport and taking them and their gear out to Cape Hillsborough.

With all the local entries as well, it looks like it will be a big one again.

Shame you can't make this one Andy. If you can make it here, I will have a kart for you!

Darren

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
12 Sep 2011 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Cape Hilsborough Nature Resort have advised us that they have a couple of beachfront cabins still available for any Karter in this years regatta to upgrade to ( at extra cost)if they so wish. also there is only two studio rooms left on books, plus a couple of inbetween cost units. Camping/caravan sites still available.
There quite a few contestants arriving Tue's 17th to take advantage of pre practise & sightseeing of local beaches in area. Contact Cape Hillsborough Nature Resort at ph 0749590152/ fax0749590500 email enquiries@capehillsboroughresort.com.au
It is all systems go for Oct 20-21-22 for our Blokart Regatta 2011. Looking forward to the great company of fellow karters. Dave Moore

djb
QLD, 174 posts
20 Sep 2011 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Dave has the dates a day early again as he is lucky enough th be getting the extra days.
The race dates are:

Friday 21st October is a practice day with racing on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd October 2011 at Cape Hillsborough.

Early entry discount closes soon.

Darren
CQBC

djb
QLD, 174 posts
22 Sep 2011 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

A timely reminder that the early entry discount finishes in 9 days - SATURDAY 1st October.

Have you secured your accommodation yet?

The entry list is growing each day.

If you need to contact the CQBC committee members for help with any queries- now is the time to do it, so arrangements
can be made.

Anyone who wants to volunteer and learn more about running events, you are most welcome- just let us know.

Darren

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
24 Sep 2011 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys, Ill be available to help out if needed.

Joe

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
24 Sep 2011 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

arsa said...

Hey guys, Ill be available to help out if needed.

Joe

Joe.All help in any form gratefully welcomed for this great meeting. The girls also looking for help on beach BBQ during race days. Dave M

djb
QLD, 174 posts
11 Oct 2011 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

42 entries
70 adults plus 10 youngsters for dinner
This sounds like a great event in the making.
Thanks to all who have already sent forms, and please advise us if you know of someone who is coming but not done the paperwork.
We just need a better summary for dinner catering - food has to be bought and taken to the resort.

Deb

djb
QLD, 174 posts
12 Oct 2011 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

We are still taking entries.

If you're thinking about joining us at Cape Hillsborough 22nd and 23rd October, please don't hesitate, you are most welcome to do so.

Remember to mention the Blokart group when booking accommodation with the resort.

Deb

OLD FART
QLD, 80 posts
17 Oct 2011 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

First of the Brisbane-Goldcoast team in residence in Mackay tonight. Quite a few due in at Hillsborough tommorrow. 90 plus already booked for Sat night dinner. Bring on the South Easter's. Go Blokart Regatta 2011 Cape Hillsborough !!!
Dave Moore

Subscribe

Forums > Land Yacht Sailing Blokarts

"2011 CQBC Cape Hillsborough Regatta" started by djb