Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

12'6 Naish Inflate vs 14' race bd - long distance

Created by aarp > 9 months ago, 28 Aug 2014
aarp
1 posts
28 Aug 2014 3:05AM
Thumbs Up

I'm 56 and fairly new to the sport. Recently bought the Naish One inflatable. I'll be doing a 13 mile race in a few days and am trying to figure out how fast (or slow) the Naish One will perform compared to a fairly high performance 14' race board. What can I expect my top speed to be and how would the boards compare.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17417 posts
28 Aug 2014 8:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
aarp said..
I'm 56 and fairly new to the sport. Recently bought the Naish One inflatable. I'll be doing a 13 mile race in a few days and am trying to figure out how fast (or slow) the Naish One will perform compared to a fairly high performance 14' race board. What can I expect my top speed to be and how would the boards compare.

The 12'6" Naish One is surprisingly fast.. Especially on flat water.. So if it's glassy on race day I don't think you will be much slower than the 14' race boards.. But if things get choppy the hard and stiff 14' race boards with piercing noses will probably leave you behind..

Remember with racing it's 80-90% the paddler.. So a good paddler will be faster regardless as to what board they paddle (with similar sized boards).. Enjoy the race and let us know how you go on your Naish One.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"12'6 Naish Inflate vs 14' race bd - long distance" started by aarp