Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2011 Naish Mana AST 10' Model

Created by surfanimal > 9 months ago, 10 Sep 2010
surfanimal
NSW, 1632 posts
10 Sep 2010 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

I found it very difficult to find images of the new AST Mana so thought I'd pop some that I took of it online for anyone interested.

It IMO is a nice finish, smooth rails (gloss feel). The yellow at the front and on the underside is just like the previous Nalu & Glide AST models and contrary to the website DOES NOT include a cover.

A cheaper yet stronger option if wood isn't your thing.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17417 posts
10 Sep 2010 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Nice.. Thanks for the pics.. I love my 10' Mana (bamboo) even if it does have a wide arse..

Interesting that they've gone for a bigger center fin than mine.. I wonder if that'd make it even more stable.. (not that you'd need it).

What size fin is it?

DJ

surfanimal
NSW, 1632 posts
10 Sep 2010 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

DavidJohn said...

Nice.. Thanks for the pics.. I love my 10' Mana (bamboo) even if it does have a wide arse..

Interesting that they've gone for a bigger center fin than mine.. I wonder if that'd make it even more stable.. (not that you'd need it).

What size fin is it?

DJ

Hey DJ. It's a 9 inch rake. It's a great shape IMO and feels like it has more drive than the smaller one for sure.

I find the AST Mana feels springier under foot. Always felt the original had a bit of a 'dead' weight feel to it so this one feels much more 'alive'. Not sure how you rate the Bamboo too the original but I'd go AST over original any day.

Cheers.

JOYRIDER
705 posts
11 Sep 2010 7:01AM
Thumbs Up

has anyone ridden the 9'0 mana.

looks like a good shape and style for small **** waves.

has anyone got one and or used one in surf???

WINDSURFnSNOW
NSW, 1612 posts
Site Sponsor
11 Sep 2010 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

JOYRIDER said...

has anyone ridden the 9'0 mana.

looks like a good shape and style for small **** waves.

has anyone got one and or used one in surf???

Sadly it's not in the country for a little longer. Looks like a truck load of fun though.

WWS
SA, 121 posts
12 Sep 2010 12:27PM
Thumbs Up

It will be good to see it when it comes. Fletch you can have a ride of my 9'5" when you get back in town. just to see for something similar.

WWS
SA, 121 posts
12 Sep 2010 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

It will be good to see it when it comes. Fletch you can have a ride of my 9'5" when you get back in town. just to see for something similar.

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
12 Sep 2010 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

I'm a bit confused as to why they changed fins too but I guess it will still turn well. Might throw a larger fin on my 2010 model and see what happens.

billboard
VIC, 2814 posts
12 Sep 2010 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

The other really great thing about the AST models is the weight - very very light and noticably lighter than the bamboo or 2010 models. My missus paddled her 9.5 for the first time this morning and was blown away by how light the ast board is and how stable it was with all the boats going past in the river.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2011 Naish Mana AST 10' Model" started by surfanimal