Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2013 Naish 9' Hokua or 2013 Coreban 8'11" Lithium

Created by RynoH > 9 months ago, 21 Mar 2013
RynoH
4 posts
21 Mar 2013 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

I'm stepping down to a wave dedicated board from a 10'6" and like the reviews of both of these. I'm 85 kg and an intermediate sup surfer.Have not demo'd either as yet, looking for some advice from anyone who has ridden 1 or both. Any info on stability, feel, surf-ability, quality etc would be appreciated. Any idea's on other boards would be cool too. Cheers.

frog1958
2 posts
23 Mar 2013 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

I have recently purchased and am riding the coreban lithium pure series.Simply the best surfable sup I have ridden.
Its my 5th sup in 18 months 3 of which have been corebans, they really make surf orientated boards, not so much flat bottom type longboards.
I am 80kg and 55yrs and handling it fine so 85kg and a little more youth you would be fine.
recommend.

RynoH
4 posts
23 Mar 2013 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the input frog. Are you riding
the 8'11" lithium ? I actually thought
there would have been plenty of Hokua
riders out there with an opinion. I'm
definitely going to demo a lithium if I
can find out where. Know of any upcoming
Coreban demo days in Qld ?

frog1958
2 posts
24 Mar 2013 6:06AM
Thumbs Up

Yes the 8ft 11inch Ryno. I got mine from QLD as we Don't have a supplier on the NSW Sth Coast.
Good Luck

RynoH
4 posts
24 Mar 2013 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

Qld dealer's number sorted.

warwickl
NSW, 2173 posts
24 Mar 2013 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

I am new to Naish Hokua however after a bit of demoing a few SUPs and 2 plus yrs of experience with now having had 6 SUPs I have settled on an 8 5 and 9 Hokua based on surf and stability performance for my requirements.

But Naish quality of construction and the bag need work.

My experience is based on having had a few boards over a couple of years which included Jimmy Lewis SUP and Kite surfboards which have very good design and excellent construction.

But for me the Naish Hokua are excellent in all other aspects including wave peformance and in stabilty for size but as stated quality needs work.

I will just need to be very carefull with these Naish boards.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2013 Naish 9' Hokua or 2013 Coreban 8'11" Lithium" started by RynoH