31 posts
28 Oct 2016 7:30AM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone got some feedback on this board please

Krist
QLD, 288 posts
28 Oct 2016 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

I demoed one on the weekend the 26.5 . I found it very well constructed very quik in the chop and great fun to surf in 2 foot rivermouth waves . I did find the primary stability a bit tippy but the secondary is excellent making it pretty hard to tip ,it has a boof nose but nothing extreme and did purl a few times but I was surfing it not downwinding which I think it would do well . Overall speed very good but like the falcon it has the rocker and flat spot under the boof for downwinding but that being said it isn't a flat water specific board is it , so all in all I really enjoyed it but would have to spend a day in real chop and wind to know if it would be my next 14ft race board . I am 98 kg and 6'3 if that helps and have been paddling for a year and a half but what I lack in experience I make up for in keenness going to every demo I can and asking anyone who will let me try their board try it moliko , Allstar ,sprint ,fx,falcon and the DC so far this year and still no closer to picking that right board for me , the journey is the best part in my opinion cheers K

MrOrange
31 posts
30 Oct 2016 7:58AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the reply could you please tell me compared to the falcon how did it differ as I can get a 2016 falcon

Krist
QLD, 288 posts
30 Oct 2016 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Sent you a pm

grumpycat
QLD, 21 posts
31 Oct 2016 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

14x26 is a great all rounder. Im 80kg and find mine to be plenty stable in the slop as well as good flatwater glide and speed. Stoked with mine

BoardStiff
3 posts
7 Apr 2017 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

Wow, these are some nice looking boards, and impressively light, even in biax glass construction!

Has anyone been on the 24.5" model? I'd be very interested in hearing comparisons (in any width) to other "all-water" type race boards that I'm more familiar with, like the SB Allstar, SIC FX, Fanatic Falcon, or JL Sidewinder. How does it compare to these other all-condition race boards in terms of stability, flatwater speed/glide, downwind, upwind, crosswind/chop?

Also, how tough is their construction compared to some of these other brands?

Thanks!

BS

LucBenac
432 posts
7 Apr 2017 10:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BoardStiff said..
Also, how tough is their construction compared to some of these other brands?

I can only comment on the fiberglass construction for a 2015 Sporster flat water model which might have changed. The thing was structurally very strong but with some flex. The paint was prone to marks and chips but not extremely so (i.e. do not expect to keep paint in the corners). The board shape in my books (14x28 - 258L) works extremely well for its intended purpose flat and light chop and was really nice to paddle BUT the thing weighted a ton = 32 pounds which was the only reason we sold it. If I had bought the carbon version to drop the weight in the 28~29 ponds range I believe that we would have keep this board.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2017 JP Australia allwater" started by MrOrange