Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Chloe Walkerdene Opens up A 2017 JP Race Allwater

Created by SurfFX > 9 months ago, 15 Sep 2016
SurfFX
QLD, 479 posts
Site Sponsor
15 Sep 2016 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

JP Australia team rider Chloe Walkerdene stopped in to help us open up some new boards. She grabbed the new 2017 Race Allwater 14' in Biax construction and got to work.

For more vids be sure to click the link and subscribe to our Youtube channel

Area10
1508 posts
16 Sep 2016 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Looks good. Has anyone paddled one of these yet? I've asked about JP boards in the past on this forum and others and got kinda "meh" replies - if any at all.

Do those really soft rails up front release when downwinding, or is this more of a board for racing in mild chop and technical races instead?

Hawaiiheke
319 posts
16 Sep 2016 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Did anyone else finally relax when she ditched the blade?!

Carvers
132 posts
16 Sep 2016 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Holy smoke, that JP All water is very nice, like the bulb nose and grey coloring.

LucBenac
431 posts
16 Sep 2016 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

I cannot speak about their All Water model but I and then my wife add a Sporster Flat Water 14x28 and it was a really nice board with good glide so the design worked. Regretfully it was the fiberglass/wood construction and we got fed-up of lugging the 32 pounds otherwise it would still be with us.

grumpycat
QLD, 21 posts
18 Sep 2016 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Have been on the 14x26.5 all water biax for a couple of weeks now and have had it in some mixed conditions from still glass to 15knot head wind, side chop and a few bits of bay runners. Really stoked with the way it handles all of it. Nice and stiff and the weight to price ratio is impressive. Cant wait to get it in 20knot+ down winder. It feels very agile with good secondary stability. The front end allows for a very smooth ride with limited pearling. The sharp underside of the rail goes from tail to almost the middle of the board, wich in combination with the soft nose allows it to work. This will give alot of the supposed all rounders a run. Plus the price is easy on the wallet

alfamale
QLD, 138 posts
18 Sep 2016 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

I have a 14x26.5 as my downwind board of choice. What I like about it is that it is really quick on the flat( for this type of board), easy and predictable on the bumps and easy to surf with its tail shape and rail. I'm a bit spoilt when it comes to riding boards, it's my no1 choice. As more people realize how good they are you will see many more getting around. Very competitively priced too
Cheers
Michael

LucBenac
431 posts
18 Sep 2016 10:40PM
Thumbs Up

In Canada, JP Australia is not quite "competitively" priced and there is no distribution to speak of on the West Coast.

Yardsale
66 posts
19 Sep 2016 2:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hawaiiheke said..
Did anyone else finally relax when she ditched the blade?!

LOL

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Chloe Walkerdene Opens up A 2017 JP Race Allwater" started by SurfFX