Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Looking at the 2017 Fanatic Allwave

Created by SurfFX > 9 months ago, 26 Sep 2016
SurfFX
QLD, 479 posts
Site Sponsor
26 Sep 2016 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

The new 2017 Allwave from Fanatic is here and better than ever. Available in a awesome value Pure constriction at $1699 and the lightweight performance LTD construction at $2699.

Be sure to Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more super sexy swinging vids

Jimmy29
38 posts
26 Sep 2016 11:32PM
Thumbs Up

In my view, it's a shame Fanatic have dropped the three smaller sizes for next year, I guess they'll become collectors items - I love my 8'3.
Can you say more about the new Pure construction - has it replaced HRS ? - I can see that it's lighter than HRS, but is it as strong ?
Is there a link to info on this new construction ?
I've had three HRS Allwaves & found them to be very durable.
Thanks,
Jimmy.

SurfFX
QLD, 479 posts
Site Sponsor
30 Sep 2016 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

The new Pure is now a higher spec finish (better grip ect) than in previous years and has replaced the HRS.
we haven't had any damage yet and we have sold a lot of the new Pure boards, most to people who are getting them to surf and we have 3 sizes in our demo fleet.
Fanatic has added a bigger Stubby which has replaced the smaller AllWave as it is almost the same stability. Sales last year in the smaller boards must not have been enough to justify having them in the range this year.
For the price of a Pure it is hard to go past.

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
30 Sep 2016 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Jimmy,

As SURF FX have said above, there is a few reasons why the HRS and small Allwaves have been dis-continued.

The 7"11, 8"3 and 8"5 are super fun shapes, but sales didn't reflect peoples stoke and with the introduction of the stubby, this further pushed the sales down.
Now with a bigger 8"8 we feel that that section of the Allwave range has been covered and improved on and so far there hasn't been any backlash, except of course for yourself. (sorry dude).

With the HRS and PURE combination for 2017 there is a few things.
The PURE LIGHT, is as strong and almost as light as the HRS and all models now come with features that the HRS had. Such as thrusters (AW, STYLEMASTERS and FLYS) have better deck pads and better graphics.

But while keeping the price point of the 2016 PURE.

I personally loved the 7"11 allwave but feel that the 8"2 stubby does all that it did and more.
I also ride a 9"0 stylemaster in PL and its a sweet board for the price.

Again, apologies.

Try and get a demo of the 8"6 or 8"8 stubby. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

cheers

Josh

Jimmy29
38 posts
30 Sep 2016 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you SurfFX and JB, it's good to hear the Pure seems to be durable so far, like the HRS was, although I thought it was lighter than HRS.
I can't afford the LTD construction, so the stubbies are off my radar, I'd like to see the stubbies in Pure Light construction.
At the moment I'm really tempted to try the new Pure Stylemaster 9' as my next board
Thanks again,
Jimmy

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
1 Oct 2016 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

If your surfing Sub head high waves, the Stylemaster is a wicked board.

Its just fun to ride and you won't be able to stop yourself getting up on the nose.

cheers

Josh

Jimmy29
38 posts
1 Oct 2016 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

Yes, mostly up to head high, I think the stylemaster, plus swapping my 8'3 for the 7'11 Allwave would make a great two board quiver for the waves around here, I'm looking forward to noseriding again, it's been too long
thanks,
Jimmy

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
1 Oct 2016 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Enjoy and share how you go.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Looking at the 2017 Fanatic Allwave" started by SurfFX