Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Naish 10'10'', 11' 11'4" or 11'6" Nalu????

Created by caltrano > 9 months ago, 16 Jul 2015
DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
3 Aug 2015 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Nice.. I heard that you got a pretty good deal..

caltrano
VIC, 87 posts
6 Aug 2015 12:03AM
Thumbs Up

Yes by luck they had a 20% off sale and they through in the rail tape because you had recommended them - I upgrade the naish to the ion tape so very happy and can't wait to get out for a surf.

i am away for a week but will try and get out as soon as I can.

A

Tardy
4919 posts
6 Aug 2015 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dools111 said..
only tried it stock with three fins but looking forward to paying around with single and also trying a smaller rear fin... will let you know once I play around a bit.

agree on the bit of extra width - I was given a loaner starboard pro 10 3 when in bali recently, which was only 29 wide, went great on waves but much harder to maneuver around, even turning it around to catch waves was a challenge, while the nalu is easy and feels shorter than 11 ft - feels much shorter than the 10 3 starby did. longboard stylemasters may disagree but I'm loving the 31 width - and makes it a great allrounder and family/friends board.

Hi Dools .and everybody ..been doing some serious fin testing on the 11' this week to save time here's a scale of use .
using 9'single .three fins factory sides ,6.5 rear .did have the rear fin almost right up forward on the track .
This probably won't be a surprise to some .
This is just my verdict .

single fin = mal surfing style ,hard to ride up high on the face , slower ,can't handle as bigger waves.better in small waves ,stalls on turns.

three fins = faster,can handle bigger wave drops .can surf higher on the face of the wave .more power on turns .also found it easier to do sharper turns on the face ,which surprised me ,you can feel the three fin. Looseness , and can ride on the tail without sinking the tail compare to the single .

I had it in 4-5 foot steep waves today .(reef break)it was starting to max out , it was time to switch to the Hokua on the big ones .it is suited to,in my opinion to a smaller wave .but is a good add to the collection .
It does catch waves very easy ,it does surf the big waves ,but I would prefer to be on the smaller boards .it has its place ..

dools111
VIC, 94 posts
6 Aug 2015 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

Thx tardy I've been having enough fun with the standard set up but will definitely slot in a smaller rear soon. Have found it to handle some steep late take offs surprisingly well and handled the solid 4 ft I've had it out in fine, but a real blast on the 2 to 3 foot sessions. Will update when I've tried some fin variations.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Naish 10'10'', 11' 11'4" or 11'6" Nalu????" started by caltrano