Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Naish Nalu GT 2016

Created by drainuzzo > 9 months ago, 3 Jan 2016
drainuzzo
5 posts
3 Jan 2016 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hello, I am from the far Italy and I am thinking to buy a Naish Nalu GT board

I'm 180cm for 80kg and I'd like the GT 11' because I like it and would be a dream for me and a big expense indeed ;)

Do you think the nalu GT 11' would be ok for my weigth?

I'm noob with sup but I did some windsurfing in the last years, now I am very interested to get a sup for cruising and some waves when it's possibile, in our sea that is mostly choppy and flat in the summer.

I would like the board will last many years but I read some negative feedbacks about the gt 2014 regarding poor scratch resistance.

Now in the spot where I go there are many stones in the shore, usually when I play windsurf I put the board bag under the board, sometimes I put the board with his rig on the stones, and I have no scratches..

For me would be very hard if the SUP board may be damaged with cratches or lumps... any experience with scratches or breaking?

GT and GTW differences about resistance?

Thank you

highvolume
TAS, 202 posts
4 Jan 2016 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

HI drainuzzo

I am 180cm and 90kgs. I have the nalu 2013 10 65 and find that is perfect for me for for general flat water paddling and great in the surf. The 11' is a fair bit better at flat water paddling but not as good in the surf, but both are good for your weight. My nalu has been great as far as durability goes. i look after my boards out of the water, keep in bag, use vent plug etc, but when it at the beach it gets a lot of use, the nalu still looks good.

IMHO if you want a board to last a fair while the shape is probably more important as you want a shape that is a well sorted board that is not a more fad type shape. I think that Naish has these Nalu boards really well designed and once you have one it can sit in your quiver as a classic board for a long time.

I am sure DJ has the best info on this though.

Cheers Chrie

highvolume
TAS, 202 posts
4 Jan 2016 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

HI drainuzzo

If you let us know what brand windsurf boards you are using, i am sure people on the forum could let you know what sups compare durability wise.
The naish nalus (both gs and gt) are a full sandwich construction making them pretty tough as far as impacts go.

cheers chris

drainuzzo
5 posts
8 Jan 2016 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
highvolume said..
HI drainuzzo

If you let us know what brand windsurf boards you are using, i am sure people on the forum could let you know what sups compare durability wise.
The naish nalus (both gs and gt) are a full sandwich construction making them pretty tough as far as impacts go.

cheers chris

I have a Mistal Screamer 140lt 2011, very tough as construction

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Naish Nalu GT 2016" started by drainuzzo