Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

SUP leg rope length on 10'6 Nalu?

Created by Bretto74 > 9 months ago, 22 Dec 2014
Bretto74
NSW, 49 posts
22 Dec 2014 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

I snapped my 10'6 Naish Nalu GT recently. Just got caught on a dumpy little two footer that sent the board right into the sand bank.

At the time I had quiet a long leg rope around 12ft, but notice when I've used short leg ropes that a little leg pull can save the board going over the falls.

I'd be interested in the experience of others and the different leg rope lengths they use for different reasons?

Brenno
QLD, 890 posts
22 Dec 2014 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Bretto74 said..
I snapped my 10'6 Naish Nalu GT recently. Just got caught on a dumpy little two footer that sent the board right into the sand bank.

At the time I had quiet a long leg rope around 12ft, but notice when I've used short leg ropes that a little leg pull can save the board going over the falls.

I'd be interested in the experience of others and the different leg rope lengths they use for different reasons?

That's a shame. Snapping is no fun, found that out this morning the hard way! I use a 10' O&E leggy on my 10'6". IMO they seem to be the only brand that has just enough stretch, but not too much. Good one piece construction. I use a 9' on my 9'6".

DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
22 Dec 2014 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

For the peace of mind.. gat a 10' Balin Storm leash..

Jradedmondo
NSW, 633 posts
22 Dec 2014 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

it all depends how you surf also, on my short surf sup i use a 6 foot legrope as i surf it off the tail, when i had an 11'6 longboard style sup where i would move around a bit and nose ride i used a 10 foot legrope, have heard great things about the balin storm leash though

Jarryd

LordKuz
NSW, 260 posts
22 Dec 2014 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Leg rope? You know... back in the old days........

Brenno
QLD, 890 posts
22 Dec 2014 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DavidJohn said..

Haha. Nice pic. Tried the Storm Leash, it snapped the second time I used it right at the ankle strap. Mind you I was on a 10'10" on waves far too large for it. IMO the lack of stretch was probably the thing that brought it undone.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
22 Dec 2014 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Brenno said..

DavidJohn said..

Haha. Nice pic. Tried the Storm Leash, it snapped the second time I used it right at the ankle strap. Mind you I was on a 10'10" on waves far too large for it. IMO the lack of stretch was probably the thing that brought it undone.

They have chenged them now and they've made them even stronger..

JustBernie
NSW, 25 posts
22 Dec 2014 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

I use a 9ft on my 10.6 but the last couple of days have used an 8ft because it was getting caught up in the fins in small choppy conditions. 8ft no issues in playing around in small stuff but would go back to the 9ft in the bigger ones.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"SUP leg rope length on 10'6 Nalu?" started by Bretto74