Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Solo Shot with Sony HDR-PJ200 video camera

Created by Supmaori > 9 months ago, 8 Jul 2015
Supmaori
746 posts
8 Jul 2015 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys I'm thinking of getting this set up for recording my sup sessions. Has any one tried the solo shot or this camera. Any feedback or advice welcomed.
How far does receiver tag work ? Does camera focus automatically or zoom
Cheers

cantSUPenough
VIC, 2122 posts
8 Jul 2015 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Supmaori,

There is quite a lot of discussion on the standupzone.com forum. One or two guys were involved in the kickstart program. I remember seeing some sample video. Here is one thread:

www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,25488.0.html

But if you search it with SOLOSHOT you'll see other posts.

Supmaori
746 posts
8 Jul 2015 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks mate

Supmaori
746 posts
9 Jul 2015 6:01AM
Thumbs Up

Reading a few of the reviews some have said they have troubled setting up, especially making sure the target is in the centre, and the length of time to pair base with tag ..by the way its the original soloshot im looking at getting

supthecreek
2583 posts
9 Jul 2015 6:16AM
Thumbs Up

Supmaori.... I have had great results lately by setting up a cheapie Sony HDR-CX405 on a tripod, 100 yards down the beach, angled directly into the left (or right) that you are surfing. I guess at the field of view vs close-up, then I hit "record" and go surf for 2.5 hours.

If your break is fairly consistent, you can get great results for short money.
and if somebody steals it.... your not losing the farm. My whole set-up was under $150

Plus I get great shots of everyone out there.... they love getting vids in their email ;-)

I'm going to make a post about it.... but this is the quick and dirty version.

here's a sample pic..... and at this angle..... it got all waves from beginning to end.

Supmaori
746 posts
9 Jul 2015 7:05AM
Thumbs Up

Mate thats awesome thanks again. The set up im looking at is for the Soloshot base, tripod, tag, arm band and HD Sony Camera all for under $400. Which i thought was pretty awesome but that is a great idea man. Thanks

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
9 Jul 2015 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

Bargain!!!!! @$400

This is shot with soloshot 1 n a cheapo 12 year old camera

supthecreek
2583 posts
9 Jul 2015 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

wow... awesome footage!

Hard to believe you got that from such and old camera