49 posts
7 Nov 2014 11:27PM
Thumbs Up

I'm looking at both boards anyone got a review on either board please

Jeroensurf
866 posts
9 Nov 2014 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

I,m 188x90kg decent padder but not the fastest aroun and owned a Sprint14x26 2014 Carbon and its a lovely and very fast board in flat water till kneehigh chop.The board I paddled before that was a Falcon14x27.5 FW2012 with the really sharp nose.In the beginning the Sprint felt less fast because you can,t see the nose slicing through the water as with the Fanatic or my Allstar12.6x26.5 giving less speed sensation, but when checking my GPS I was doing 1 /1.5km p/h faster with the same HR in glassy conditions. I KNOW that the Sprint nose is faster, but just from experiencing paddling I prever the Allstar kind a nose as I like looking at the nose slicing through glassy water.When training and switching with some pals the Sprint14x26 was for us in rather glassy conditions faster as the 2014 Falcon FW 14x24. In serious chop the Fanatic is without a doubt faster. Stabilitywise they are equally in balance, so its very much upto the conditions you paddle what board to pick.The only boards I paddled that are faster as my 14x26 are the Sprint14x24 and the JP 14x24.75 flatwater. The JP is really really fast when its glassy but als really really instable when its choppy. Due that I hink the Sprint14 really nailed being very fast and able to deal with a lot of conditions.Due work and injury,s I did only one of the 8th races I wanted to do this year and and that one I was sick as well so I can,t back it up with results, but just from training: you cant fault with the Sprint.BUT....In the buoy turns I didnt like the small tail. I have shoesize 11/ 45 and a fast turns where you have to step all the way back a flatter deck offers a lot more stability.I,m not able to race in 2015 due planned operations but if I would my choice would be the new race14x25 over the 2014 Sprint due that Allstar tail.The new Sprint is too small for me anyway.

Hope it helps.

Even for my rabbit the tail was too small for a decent turn

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"starboard 2014 sprint or 2015 race" started by dean75