Forums > Surfing Longboarding

State of Origin 2015

Created by NewScotty > 9 months ago, 19 May 2015
NewScotty
2350 posts
19 May 2015 7:01AM
Thumbs Up

8 days and counting.
I like the NSW line up especially the bench.
Good to see some new blood in Josh Jackson & Dave Klemmer.
Bird (suspended), Gallen (injured) & Watmough (out of form) have served us well over the years but time to move forward.
Lewis still had another series in him imo but can't fit them all in.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 May 2015 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

How can you like the line up when the team is not announced until midday?

NewScotty
2350 posts
19 May 2015 8:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
How can you like the line up when the team is not announced until midday?

The Journos know.
More leaks then Sydney Water

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 May 2015 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

If its Queensland there is no need for the leaks - the team picks itself!

I used to like the old days when they kept it all to themselves and went for big shock value on the day - its boring when the media get told everything before hand so that there is no real shocks on the day. Another great tradition lost.

thePup
13831 posts
19 May 2015 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

youth versus experience by the looks of it ..... should be cracking as usual .... bring it farking on

Cobra
9106 posts
19 May 2015 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

no surprises in the QLD camp…why change because of one loss in nine years

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
19 May 2015 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

hodges in the side..that would be like NSW keeping watmough

Macaha
QLD, 21869 posts
19 May 2015 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
hodges in the side..that would be like NSW keeping watmough

I agree Hodges seems to have run his day,his last couple of games at club level have been very average at best.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 May 2015 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Queensland look good value at $1.80

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 May 2015 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Will you Blues ever shut up about this? Get some new material ! Why are you not moaning about Cam Smiths tackle instead? Surely that is more newsworthy - esp you Scotty !!!!

Essentially if they wanted to play for the blues they would have - but deep down they are Queenslanders and mighty proud of it. So suck it up boys

wavelength
1195 posts
20 May 2015 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

Cherry-Evans out for game 1, Cowboys utility Michael Morgan in.

"The Townsville junior is viewed as the ideal utility given his size, speed, ball-playing ability and 94kg frame which enables him to play in the back row.At the Cowboys, Morgan has starred in a number of positions, including fullback, centre and five-eighth after his initial NRL entry as a halfback."

www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/state-of-origin-2015-cherryevans-out-michael-morgan-to-debut-for-maroons/news-story/62ff64692acb38d98a146c1acf8df3b0

SP
10978 posts
20 May 2015 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Will you Blues ever shut up about this? Get some new material ! Why are you not moaning about Cam Smiths tackle instead? Surely that is more newsworthy - esp you Scotty !!!!

Essentially if they wanted to play for the blues they would have - but deep down they are Queenslanders and mighty proud of it. So suck it up boys

Why stop? it always gets a reaction ...

But seriously, Who cares,let them play for whoever they want. The international / State of origin eligibility rules are a joke anyway.

& Funny lacey

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 May 2015 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Pearce is NSW most experienced play with Gordon on 12 games n will finish his rep career having never won an origin series despite being in one of the most influential positions. Just saying

But when it comes to his work rate n abilities off the field he commands my full respect. High achiever. He is like a 15 handicapper playing off a 3 !!!

NewScotty
2350 posts
20 May 2015 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...

Ted, I would always want Cam Smith to play.
Couldn't bear the conspiracy dramas

Cobra
9106 posts
21 May 2015 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

State of origin eligibility rules are a joke anyway.

i think they are spot on,,,if you know what they are and how they work.

NewScotty
2350 posts
21 May 2015 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said...
SP said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

They are spot on now since change in criteria.
Hence Luke Keary got the 'denied' stamp on his QLD eligibility application.
Inglis would not be in a maroon Jersey under the current criteria. Fmd even his family were shocked he went with the banana benders.

thePup
13831 posts
21 May 2015 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

Geez Stefanovic again Gilbert too .....

" Today host Karl Stefanovic is supremely confident in a Maroons win in the State of Origin and has put his dignity on the line to prove it. Stefanovic has vowed to run nude through Pitt Street, one of Sydney’s busiest streets, if his beloved Queenslanders fall to the Blues. “Let it all be free,” he said on the show this morning. “The problem with modern society is there isn’t more nuding up.”Proud New South Welshman and Today sport reporter Tim Gilbert has matched his pledge and will streak through Brisbane’s Queen Street Mall if the Maroons triumph. The pair’s co-hosts were less than impressed at the thought of their colleagues in the buff. "

I have made a late change to my tip - I want a drawn series please Hughie

Cobra
9106 posts
21 May 2015 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NewScotty said..

Cobra said...

SP said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

Inglis would not be in a maroon Jersey under the current criteria. Fmd even his family were shocked he went with the banana benders.

So tell me how the system works for the Simms boys

Cobra
9106 posts
21 May 2015 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

one of my boys made the QLD Origin squad

Cobra
9106 posts
21 May 2015 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

NewScotty said..

Cobra said...

SP said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

forget this where you were born ****.

NewScotty
2350 posts
21 May 2015 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said...
NewScotty said..

Cobra said...

SP said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

Have fun working this out.

SP
10978 posts
21 May 2015 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

C'mon Scotty... Only Ted could sort through that
I read the first box. Lost already
What is a tier 1 country

The yellow box is key to this one

But the Simms are the best example of the silliness of it.. One plays city country the other for Qld. Born on the south coast. And both played for Fiji( tier2?)

I get that he went to QLD young and heard the explanation the other day. It seemed logical enough.
that's why I say let them play for who they want.
It's built on passion so let them play for the state they are passionate about. ?

Cobra
9106 posts
21 May 2015 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
I read the first box.
What is a tier 1 country

But the Simms are the best example of it.. One plays city country the other for Qld. Born on the south coast. And both played for Fiji( tier2?)

I get that he went to QLD young and heard the explanation, that's why I say let them play for who they want. It's built on passion so let them play for the state they are passionate about. ?

korbs born NSW south coast,got picked up by the broncs as a junior. a payed player by the broncs playing for norths with locky maranta also going to high school in brisbane and living in the house that i run at redhill.

he played under 18s for queensland

and thats why he is playing for queensland…… its not a birth right.

korbs like thousands of players are nurtured given a chance and money spent on them, with thousands of players not making it
but on the rare occasion when a good player comes up, all you hear is,,,,,cry cry cry He was born in sydney.

his older brother never wanted to play for QLD and he has a whole different case.

why Fiji,their mum is Fijian and birth right plays a part in international. like hoffman for the Kiwis ,born in Mackey QLD.

+ don't it make sense, you can change your nationality and play for another country in all sports.

I'm glad you don't have to change you nationality to change states.

Cobra
9106 posts
21 May 2015 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NewScotty said..

Cobra said...

NewScotty said..

Cobra said...

SP said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

Have fun working this out.

scotty i don't think thats hard.

NewScotty
2350 posts
22 May 2015 6:40AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ didn't even read it mate.
Posted and moved on.

Cobra
9106 posts
22 May 2015 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NewScotty said..
^^^^ didn't even read it mate.
Posted and moved on.

50 words hey

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 May 2015 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

So does that mean we need to move to Queensland before our yet to be born son turns 13? Or do we just send him to boarding school there?

As if he will be an AB !!!

We had an Australian mate who married a kiwi chick - his view was if he was good at cricket he would play for NZ n good at rugby Australia - as easier to break into the national team

thePup
13831 posts
22 May 2015 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

Should , and I say should , be close but ...... alas I am going to go Canefrogs 18 - LaCockaroocha's 12

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 May 2015 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

I think Queensland should win this series easily. But going forward I am very concerned about the ageing squad There is going to be a huge lot of in experienced kids in the next few years if they are not careful. They should be blooding a few more fellas now

thePup
13831 posts
22 May 2015 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah true mate it looks as though the Roaches have started the regeneration process

Macaha
QLD, 21869 posts
22 May 2015 5:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
I think Queensland should win this series easily. But going forward I am very concerned about the ageing squad There is going to be a huge lot of in experienced kids in the next few years if they are not careful. They should be blooding a few more fellas now

True Ted but in true Queensland sprit its all about smashing those blues now ,forget the future just smash those blues worry about that stuff after we have smashed those blues.oh did I say smash those blues.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"State of Origin 2015" started by NewScotty