GizzieNZ
4102 posts
14 Jul 2016 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..

towball said..

GizzieNZ said..
of course there are days if you are old and wise you should know better than to paddle out

True but we're both pretty stupid in that department

True......its a bit of a lucky dip. It looks goodish.....sometimes it really is goodish and other times it works out not so good. But more fun than buying a lotto ticket for sure. Looking even more gooder than goodish for this weekend (thank goodness)

sponge bay was surfing heaven late morning.......the big sets were peaking way off the car park point (okay they did tend to deposit me on the rocks)......but the rock was as good as it gets........peaking up really high and charging off to the right

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
14 Jul 2016 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Some really heavy big waves at the outer island were inviting casual punters to come and play......but no one was keen. Not even a long boarder

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Jul 2016 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

If it was that big at Sponge then the Island would have been cranking

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
14 Jul 2016 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

it looked pretty enticing.....but possibly you would have been silly to try it without a jetski or something to help you out if it all turned to custard. Not a "man alone" mission for sure. But then there was that early mavericks pioneer who used to surf it by himself and lived to tell the tale. When I have been surfing outer island......quarter of the size it was today......you get the impression of powerful swell hitting shallow rock shelf (towball would have coped okay though)

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
14 Jul 2016 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

you see that vid where surfers had anchored their boat off outer island.......quite predictable waves.......then big set came and slaughtered them and washed them right over the rocks into the bowl ......and that was on a small day

towball
4627 posts
14 Jul 2016 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..

GizzieNZ said..

towball said..

GizzieNZ said..
of course there are days if you are old and wise you should know better than to paddle out

True but we're both pretty stupid in that department

True......its a bit of a lucky dip. It looks goodish.....sometimes it really is goodish and other times it works out not so good. But more fun than buying a lotto ticket for sure. Looking even more gooder than goodish for this weekend (thank goodness)

sponge bay was surfing heaven late morning.......the big sets were peaking way off the car park point (okay they did tend to deposit me on the rocks)......but the rock was as good as it gets........peaking up really high and charging off to the right

So that us in the morning then I whipped of to northerns with Johnnie. the hole Town was at the point god doesn't any one work any more

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Jul 2016 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

That gold ! Classic. Looked like no one was watching out to sea when that first wave hit. Thanks for posting.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Jul 2016 8:55AM
Thumbs Up

Morning chaps. Just been looking at the weather for the weekend and its going to be unreal

Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, falling as snow above 300 metres. Winds southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 40 km/h before tending westerly 15 to 20 km/h during the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between zero and 4. Further south its -4-0 !

Lucky is warm (relatively speaking) and sunny today - so best I make the most of the day ahead! Hope your weekends are looking better

Cobra
9106 posts
24 Jul 2016 6:08AM
Thumbs Up

Congrats to Pat Eastwood on winning the over 50s QLD title yesterday
have a good one mate Yeeeeeeeew

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
24 Jul 2016 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Are you talking about a 666 race

I did see them this morning and a guy on a OC1 can't say or mention names anymore.

Cobra
9106 posts
25 Jul 2016 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Cobra said..

Are you talking about a 666 race

I did see them this morning and a guy on a OC1 can't say or mention names anymore.

666 surfing, also come outright 4th in over 40s

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Jul 2016 3:41AM
Thumbs Up

Enjoy the world peeps

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Jul 2016 6:25AM
Thumbs Up

Horrendous night of weather here in NW Tassie. Front after front after front came lashing through last night. Snow to 300m so should be another cold one

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
26 Jul 2016 6:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Horrendous night of weather here in NW Tassie. Front after front after front came lashing through last night. Snow to 300m so should be another cold one

Nothing but blue sky here.

towball
4627 posts
29 Jul 2016 5:02AM
Thumbs Up

Morning all cold flat and windy , no work today swell tomorrow

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
29 Jul 2016 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
towball said..

Well well well look what the cat dragged in How are you mate and your lovely wife

Nice and warm here,not a cloud in the sky swell hitting today.

towball
4627 posts
29 Jul 2016 6:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
towball said..

Well well well look what the cat dragged in How are you mate and your lovely wife

Nice and warm here,not a cloud in the sky swell hitting today.

All good mate head bum up lately

SP
10979 posts
29 Jul 2016 8:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Morning..

TFIF....

You'll have to click through to the clip..

Authentic Wave
<div class="subheader">Single-fin surfing, black wetsuits, and elevator music from filmmaker/photographer Tatsuo Takei

www.surfersjournal.com/feature/authentic-wave/

Our portfolio in TSJ 25.2 focuses on the work of Japanese photographer Tatsuo Takei, who grew up heavily influenced by the golden age of 60s-era surf photography and the single-fin infused, California-aesthetics of that era. His gear: deliberately retrogressive, to evoke a period-correct mien. And his life approach (which entails a few months in Japan hustling real-world work to save money, and the rest of the year living in a van patrolling the coast with a 650mm Century lens) is stripped down for the purposes of mobility and temporal freedom. In addition to his still work, Tat also shoots motion footage from time to time, appropriately employing 16mm film, a Bolex, and a sensibility in the editing bay that draws from filmmakers like Bud Browne, Bruce Brown, Greg MacGillivray, and Jim Freeman. We asked him to cut a sample to augment his print portfolio in this issue. “Authentic Wave is about single-fin surfing, black wetsuits, and elevator music,” says Tatsuo. Sixteen-mil time portal now open below for your viewing.

thePup
13831 posts
31 Jul 2016 5:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
towball said..

Farking good morning you magnificent little big man ...... go hard champion

towball
4627 posts
31 Jul 2016 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

towball said..

Farking good morning you magnificent little big man ...... go hard champion

Same to you , you crusty Mango fornicator

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
31 Jul 2016 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Good morning picture perfect here today with longboard sliders

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
31 Jul 2016 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
towball said..

not true......zero wind at makorori this morning........small peaky waves at red bus breaking a long long way out.....the air as warm as toast

towball
4627 posts
31 Jul 2016 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..

towball said..

not true......zero wind at makorori this morning........small peaky waves at red bus breaking a long long way out.....the air as warm as toast

That was Friday come on keep on the program

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
31 Jul 2016 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry.....i keep forgetting that there are rainbows in the spray of the breaking waves every morning at makorori

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
31 Jul 2016 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

but honestly.......shoulder high waves and no wind

towball
4627 posts
31 Jul 2016 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said..
but honestly.......shoulder high waves and no wind

I had the same Wed/ Thurs Might get something in town in the morn

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
2 Aug 2016 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

went out monday morning town beach......enter water 6.30......half an hour before exiting water for work 7.30 start.....was quite cold......our sup enemy john lush parked quite close to me.....but maybe he didn't recognise my vehicle

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
11 Aug 2016 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

Happy birthday vanders...i hope its a cracker champ

towball
4627 posts
12 Aug 2016 1:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Happy birthday vanders...i hope its a cracker champ