Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
7 Nov 2014 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

1-2 foot super clean some great little peelers by myself for an hour and a half....

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
7 Nov 2014 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

Had a few tiny waves at woopi main beach this morning.

one in particular was a long left hand peeler that had me up the snotty end for a good 15 or so meters, it gave me a real sense of nostalgia because it took me back to 1966 when I learnt to surf on this very same beach and I can still remember waves just like it.

I could not get the grin off my mug all the way back out, so much so that a really lovely lady by the name of Cindy struck up a conversation, so we shared a wave or two as well as some old memories, before she had to shoot off to work.

by the looks of things, it's doubtful that I'll be going back in again today, so I'm thankful for the little surf I had.

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
7 Nov 2014 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

As always a great story obct.

LanceF
NSW, 249 posts
7 Nov 2014 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

OBCT, I was down at the usual spot for 2hrs....a great session

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
7 Nov 2014 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LanceF said..
OBCT, I was down at the usual spot for 2hrs....a great session

Yeah, I was thinking about going down to your bank, but I just got lazy.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
8 Nov 2014 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

Went for a cruise into town,not much in there today,oh well had a good swim with the Mrs

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Nov 2014 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

I surfed some one foot weak as p155 beachies with a few random holiday makers, kids and an older fella learning to surf. Got 10 waves on the 10 footer and gave up. Nice day for a paddle though - shame we have no swell.

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
8 Nov 2014 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

watigos in the morning with the crew, not great, but it was good to tick a couple more boxes as far as the breezers are concerned. It's a pity we were not somewhere a little less crowded. I would have liked to have a go on that board boofy had. i don't trust myself not to ding it if it's a Bit crowded.

managed to get back to woopi in time to spend an hour or so in main beach, no waves to speak of. Just a bit of paddling practice. Maybe Lance and I can score a few tomorrow morning before I set off back home

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
9 Nov 2014 7:34AM
Thumbs Up

Surprise jump in swell overnight looks like a perfect day coming up

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
9 Nov 2014 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Went in with sir Lance a lot this morning at his secret little bank, just me and him a a goat boat. Then the devil wind kicked in and it was all over for the day.

Looks like a good day for driving back home.

LanceF
NSW, 249 posts
9 Nov 2014 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..
Went in with sir Lance a lot this morning at his secret little bank, just me and him a a goat boat. Then the devil wind kicked in and it was all over for the day.

Looks like a good day for driving back home.

Yes Mate, nice session 'till the wind buggered things. Three good days at the spot, wait for the next southerly to come

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Nov 2014 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

oGood waves this morning. God to get some waves where you can throw the board around

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
9 Nov 2014 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

Sounds good Lacey,what board where you riding what a diff a day makes wholly cow there were some smokers today.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Nov 2014 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
Good waves this morning. God to get some waves where you can throw the board around

Pumping surf up this way. First early was a good size with a lot of punch. Sadly I cannot remember surfing this badly for.a while. Blew.some takeoffs and got served for it. Did get a few good ones,just could not put it together.

Second surf.was not so flash,still.way better than what has been offer. Have a great day everyone

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
9 Nov 2014 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

2 to 3 foot here today,bit better than yesterday though.I know what ya mean chrispy,I seemed to have the wobbly boot on today on some of them,but got a few good little one's.At the place that's named after" A girls best friend" apparently,
Whales & Dolphins out to,beautiful day!..

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
9 Nov 2014 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
68surfwagon said..
.At the place that's named after" A girls best friend" apparently,

Is there a break somewhere called " The Rabbit"

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
9 Nov 2014 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

68surfwagon said..

haha,thats a good guess obct,but not it

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Nov 2014 6:56AM
Thumbs Up

Fun after work waves. Had the little single out,it's turning out to be my favourite board atm. Still a few tweaks to get it just right though.
Have a great day all

MickPC
8266 posts
10 Nov 2014 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

Ok safe to say now but the weekend was epic...Saturday the best day this year with all elements swell direction, tide, wind & crowd damn near perfect. I had one double overhead freak wave I thought was going to land on my head. I paddled my guts out for the horizozn, got to it & was just able to take off late. Swell direction had it peeling all the way over past the next reef & finished past the next take off area. Nice waves behind it too, coz I got drilled by them all on the shallow reef

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
10 Nov 2014 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
68surfwagon said..

obct said..

68surfwagon said..

haha,thats a good guess obct,but not it

oops sorry obct,shoulda said Beach not place.Diamond Beach!..

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Nov 2014 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Another crap day here. I am over all of the crap surf we have been getting of late. Its just not fair. Oct / Nov is always terrible in this part of the world but normally we get something - not the crap (yes 3 times I have used that word) we have been getting. I can count on one hand the number of decent surfs I have had of late. And that was over a two day period. Lets hope you boys are getting something more worthy. I am praying that our friends in Victoria can serve me something up decent later in the week. Its my only hope. Paddle fitness has been lost. Might have to start swimming at the current rate.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
11 Nov 2014 5:45AM
Thumbs Up

Super hard paddle out. Super bionic fun waves when the sets came through. Four complete smokers on the new single and it loved the big open faces. Was concerned with the wide tail,but fin choice and position seem pretty good and the channels just gave it more drive and speed yeeeeeoooooooooow. Fark they were nice waves,good to get a bit of punch in them.for a change

Just read the surf report,fools and thank you.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Nov 2014 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

If you had been with Slim you would have got these ones

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
11 Nov 2014 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Turned up to check the waves after dropping the kids off at school. The wind had already swung onshore but checking it while having a chat to one of the local shapers I was ready to not bother.
Just as the shaper got to the waters edge with his board a nice solid set came through with some smokin' lefts right away from the pack just South of it.
He made a beeline straight out there and it had changed my mind as well.
We had a bunch of onshore but punchy set waves all to ourselves before a couple of other peeps paddled over.
First surf in almost a month due to an ear infection and a lack of motivation due to crowds and poor conditions.
But in this one surf I'm frothing like a grommet again.
bloody surfing...what an addiction.

ColBrown
1 posts
12 Nov 2014 8:17AM
Thumbs Up

I want to go surfing on Tuesday but the ball and chain has dragged me away. Unstoked.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Nov 2014 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ColBrown said...
I want to go surfing on Tuesday but the ball and chain has dragged me away. Unstoked.

Have you surfed since?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Nov 2014 11:28AM
Thumbs Up

Fun waves yesterday, then a thousand people turned up and i went home. Wish I had the longboard so I could have just been a pig and used the tourists as downhill flags

Lumpy but fun waves this morning,a bit more size. Sacrificed a really nice bank for a average one that was empty.

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
16 Nov 2014 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

2 foot fun little one's today,hoping it will be a bit bigger tomorrow for my RDO

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
17 Nov 2014 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Nowhere today,practically dead flat,was'nt really worth it.oh well got to cruise in the wagon,called in to see Bob Brown at his factory,had a good yak & scored one of his T shirts

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
18 Nov 2014 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

Local reef...3-4 foot 5 guys out....if the tide was low it would of been all time...unfortunatly I had to make do with it being very bloody good....new stick goes unreal evn let a mate have a go and he confirmed it goes like a whipped rat....happy days!

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo