laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Oct 2015 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said...
Beachies small and straight.
Go for a 12.6 surf alley. Its got some size after all.
Race back home to check out a bit bigger straight beachies

Alley point way to crowded

So it was crap again, I feel better at work today knowing I didn't miss out until I looked at the cams, cracking day all the same on the beach

points picked up with the incoming but its super crowded.

summer has go me scared already.

there are car all up and down our street- pirate pk mums and dads and kiddies

Macaha
QLD, 21869 posts
5 Oct 2015 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Can't be Queensland

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Oct 2015 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Its pretty good here at the moment. Some decent size and no wetsuits just big boards required

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Oct 2015 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Its pretty good here at the moment. Some decent size and no wetsuits just big balls required

Simondo
VIC, 8019 posts
6 Oct 2015 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

More pics Ted! ...

Sunday at Winki was lots of fun. Overhead sets... Down through Lowers I was regularly getting the back of the board barreled... Wave tapping me on the waist, as I was racing along...

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Oct 2015 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Never in my entire surfing life have I had the term- the back of my board was getting barrelled
I feel enriched

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
6 Oct 2015 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Never in my entire surfing life have I had the term- the back of my board was getting barrelled
I feel enriched

You should hear my 4 year old...every wave is barrel and by the time he gets home and sits down with his mum he's added a backflip to every barrel

Macaha
QLD, 21869 posts
6 Oct 2015 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Gold Tux

MickPC
8266 posts
6 Oct 2015 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

+1 LOL.....& yes more pics from the Indo boys please...great pic Ted

Solid swell today, very consistent but you had to be picky. Wave would either be sh1t or epic. It rarely barrels at my local, but the back of my board...& the front got barrelled a couple of times. Although I didn't make it out of one & got absolutely smashed ripping off some awesome back flips as I got worked...only 8 out

Macaha
QLD, 21869 posts
6 Oct 2015 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
I feel enriched

Its called pocket surfing my friend

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Oct 2015 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..
I feel enriched

Its called pocket surf my friend

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Oct 2015 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Well we have had brilliant waves for a few days now,besides death to chrispy Sunday.

Yesterday was really glassy and fast. Blow the take off you blew the wave. So much fun.......except there was the biggest crowd in the water I have seen in so long. I thought I was at yum cha there was some many drop ins and so called sharing amongst friends.

Today started out badly,very straight and about 2ft. Then the tide dropped a bit and for the next two hours it was 3-4 on the sets and hollow.....still some straight ones, but most were a big smile at the end. Then it went to **** again

Have surfed the new board and I was wishing at times I had my shorty or the bee sting. The fat beast has opened up what she can do and I'm really surprised. My laziness has let me test the limits. Pretty chuffed actually

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Oct 2015 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said...
More pics Ted! ...

Sunday at Winki was lots of fun. Overhead sets... Down through Lowers I was regularly getting the back of the board barreled... Wave tapping me on the waist, as I was racing along...

I know they are mocking you grom man....but me,well I'm on your side. Give them all a proper Simondo technical explanation and shut these naysayers up

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Oct 2015 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..
I feel enriched

GET OUT OF HERE. Your breaking me up

Macaha
QLD, 21869 posts
6 Oct 2015 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said...

laceys lane said..
I feel enriched

you mean "cracking" you up

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Oct 2015 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..

Macaha said...

laceys lane said..
I feel enriched

you mean "cracking" you up

Leave the ice out of it

Macaha
QLD, 21869 posts
6 Oct 2015 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

Ice wheres that starboard pimp gone the past day or so?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Oct 2015 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Simondo said...
More pics Ted! ...

I know they are mocking you grom man....but me,well I'm on your side. Give them all a proper Simondo technical explanation and shut these naysayers up

hey simondo, im only having fun with mate.

you would be surfing bigger and heavier waves than most of us

cheers

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Oct 2015 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

chrispy said..

Simondo said...
More pics Ted! ...

cheers

really? im wanting to know how a overhead wave is tapping one on the waste while the back of the board is getting barreled while said surfer is going mega fast.....fark help me out grom man

thedrip
WA, 2351 posts
6 Oct 2015 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

4-5 foot left hander. Hideous rip that even the longboard struggled to conquer.

I surfed a HP longboard last week while up north. I didn't really get it - no glide, turned well (but not as well as a midlength), paddled okay ( but not as well as my hybrid thing), would probably go well in solid surf (but not as well as a gun). It just struck me as a bit weird. It was an ex-comp board - 9'2" - and since I am not a comp surfer maybe that explains it all.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
7 Oct 2015 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
4-5 foot left hander. Hideous rip that even the longboard struggled to conquer.

I surfed a HP longboard last week while up north. I didn't really get it - no glide, turned well (but not as well as a midlength), paddled okay ( but not as well as my hybrid thing), would probably go well in solid surf (but not as well as a gun). It just struck me as a bit weird. It was an ex-comp board - 9'2" - and since I am not a comp surfer maybe that explains it all.

How big are you? I'm not a big fan of 9ish boards...but it depends on your weight I suppose

thedrip
WA, 2351 posts
7 Oct 2015 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

6'2". 90kgs.

I have an appointment today to start designing that gun too. Yeeewwwww!

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
7 Oct 2015 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

laceys lane said..

chrispy said..

Simondo said...
More pics Ted! ...

cheers

really? im wanting to know how a overhead wave is tapping one on the waste while the back of the board is getting barreled while said surfer is going mega fast.....fark help me out grom man

Quantum Physics and Parallel Universe Theory

MickPC
8266 posts
7 Oct 2015 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

Scored some great waves with a couple of boogers at my old local this morning...got some fun rights for a change

SP
10978 posts
7 Oct 2015 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
laceys lane said..

chrispy said..

Simondo said...
More pics Ted! ...

cheers

Acid???

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Oct 2015 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Give the man a break - he rides very long boards !

thedrip
WA, 2351 posts
7 Oct 2015 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

It was okay.

I got some crackers on all three peaks.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
7 Oct 2015 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

Big b##rs

thedrip
WA, 2351 posts
7 Oct 2015 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

I don't surf here that often, but it's normally fun when I do.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
7 Oct 2015 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

Biggest Ive seen it!! Not that I go there much but wow!!

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo