SP
10979 posts
9 Jun 2016 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

SP said..
As good as the local gets...

That looks like a point break to me - Dixon never looked that good when I lived in Newy Well I am assuming that is Dixon - but things can be deceiving when they look like that !

Yeah mate sure is, probably never see it like that again.. That is form Monday, Monday was about as big as i have seen it hold, Tuesday was a bit smaller and even better, yesterday was solid and barreling its tits off.

Your old haunts would have been firing too.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
9 Jun 2016 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

A bloke I know spent most of the weekend trying to find a co-driver to drive up to NSW from Torquay with no luck...he was so despondent he had to take a
Mental health day and spent 6 hours surfing 3 foot rights yesterday...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Jun 2016 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..
A bloke I know spent most of the weekend trying to find a co-driver to drive up to NSW from Torquay with no luck...he was so despondent he had to take a

He was luckier than me then

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Jun 2016 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah my heart goes out to him.....not

Epic pics on the page before...mind blown

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jun 2016 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

was his name..................Tux

SP - great to see you saw it in all its glory - hope you managed to snag a few. Looked far to big for a few days there. Just for men with big gonads !

This is a nice clip and background info - the guy dropping in is the guy from the big wave posted earlier

So it was a deliberate drop in then?
Yeah I got called into it by Al. I was hoping he wasnt in the spot 'cos it was a good one but then he called me 'cos we'd already been talking about getting a party wave. It ended up being a dream result. I thought I'd burned him at one stage, that he wasn't gonna make it through that foam but he made it through like a champion.

He did well. When your tail slid I thought you'd end up on top of him.
Yeah, but it ended up well. We gave each other a hug down on the beach.

Teacake
TAS, 1099 posts
9 Jun 2016 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

That was rather inspiring Ted

Had a nice little session this arvo all thanks to a certain roomac, few fun little rights, some good noserides too

beerdead
NSW, 433 posts
9 Jun 2016 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Dicko was the best I have seen in the 36 years I have surfed there.

There were over 60 surfers in a line between Pogos and the Cliff.

It was peaking up to over double head height, and they were taking off under the lip and just pulling in. Absolutely first class.

And way out of my league. :(

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jun 2016 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work you Southern Tassie boys - envious

riverider
TAS, 1097 posts
9 Jun 2016 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Teacake said...

Had a nice little session this arvo all thanks to a certain roomac, few fun little rights, some good noserides too

Hey TC, did you look at the break 100m to the left of where you took this from, it will be a bit smaller, but not a fat as main Shelly.

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
9 Jun 2016 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
riverider said..

Teacake said...

Hey TC, did you look at the break 100m to the left of where you took this from, it will be a bit smaller, but not a fat as main Shelly.

Did check dude but wasn't really working, tide too high. River mouth was nearly on too... Morning on the low incoming tide was ripper apparently... But some of us have to work mate so we can't always surf when is ideal...

What are you doing on here anyway, your full time Sup now? Too many tools in the SUP room bro

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
10 Jun 2016 7:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..
What are you doing on here anyway, your full time Sup now? Too many tools in the SUP room bro

I know its early but that could be call of the year

Adapt
QLD, 723 posts
11 Jun 2016 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

Fun little wave at the lane today. Tried to get into cooly but thought better of it once I saw the traffic. Looking back on it, I shouldn't have even tried.

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
11 Jun 2016 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

LM with ex member copped the biggest set of 4 on the head,wrong place wrong time.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
11 Jun 2016 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

was going to hit the alley but too crowded so went to billabong factory outlet and scored a new steamer with 70% voucher from 500 bucks roughly down to $119 Excel latest model, looks like swell will pick up tomorrow so should spread the crowd out a bit

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
12 Jun 2016 4:24AM
Thumbs Up

Scored some inconsistent head Hugh mush burgers. They are fun on a big board. The shorie was a bitch thiugh

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
12 Jun 2016 6:45AM
Thumbs Up

Been sitting on the hill since 6 first light waves on the points not many out.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
14 Jun 2016 9:33AM
Thumbs Up

Saturday morning - Building swell grabbed a nice few hours at a super secret spot before
Saturday Arvo - Surfed super fun waist high peelers with most of Torquay still some super fun ones and good to see the next batch of super groms absolutly blowing up
Sunday morning - Swell kicked 4-6 foot 6 guys in the water plenty of lump and bump from the night before
Sunday arvo - Absolutly off the hook pumping 4-6 glassy waves about 12 guys in teh water just mind bendingly blue green walls standing up and peeling off
Monday Morning - Absolutly off the hook pumping 4-6 glassy waves about 15 guys in teh water just mind bendingly blue green walls standing up and peeling off
Monday Morning - Absolutly off the hook pumping 4-6 glassy waves about 12 guys in teh water just mind bendingly blue green walls standing up and peeling off

Its still going off but I'm literally too cooked from surfing...I've clocked 24hrs in 5 days...still kinda thinking I should get out there though

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Jun 2016 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

So it's been of the hook then? That's all that needed to be said - the Scotty version.

Fair to say I have huge envy right now !

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Jun 2016 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Macs home today. I was not going to go as pup told me it was crap(pup is now in the he gives **** surf reports list) got a message from a reliable source who told there were fun waves to be had

I missed the best of it but got a heap.... Very hard to surf since I became a nose breather

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
16 Jun 2016 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Surfed Macs home today. I was not going to go as pup told me it was crap(pup is now in the he gives **** surf reports list) got a message from a reliable source who told there were fun waves to be had

I missed the best of it but got a heap.... Very hard to surf since I became a nose breather

I figured something was up,we've had waves every week since Pup arrived I've only seen him once,maybe our waves are crap compared to WA or maybe ?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Jun 2016 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Oh it gets better. He went with the prez and they both wrote it off as unsurfable (we need a roll on my back laughing emoticon )

So who knows...... Maybe their shakras were out

Macaha
QLD, 21870 posts
16 Jun 2016 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

It's good to hear their relationship is going well . Because I received this text today

MickPC
8266 posts
16 Jun 2016 4:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Thought you might have noticed that when he was here mate...good conditions for someone who rides a 666 all the time & for people who ride either a SB/LB/666 are variably different by a huge degree................Here's some of those emoticons you were chasing

& another & why not

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Jun 2016 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
It's good to hear their relationship is going well . Because I received this text today

bit sad that he left seabreeze to be a lurker, then go and send text messages about how sad it is.....where is that emoticon mick

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
16 Jun 2016 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Here:

MickPC
8266 posts
17 Jun 2016 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

.....where is that emoticon mick

www.sherv.net/

Just find one you like, click codes & copy/paste the forum one. This forum is using some scripts that mean you don't need to use fully embed code, that's why things like youtube URL's will display vids...coz of that copy/pasting the forum embed code will leave some junk when posted, like this

[URL=www.sherv.net/]

You just click edit & remove the "[URL=www.sherv.net/]" part & end up with this

Teacake
TAS, 1099 posts
17 Jun 2016 11:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
chrispy said..

.....where is that emoticon mick

www.sherv.net/

Just find one you like, click codes & copy/paste the forum one. This forum is using some scripts that mean you don't need to use fully embed code, that's why things like youtube URL's will display vids...coz of that copy/pasting the forum embed code will leave some junk when posted, like this

[URL=www.sherv.net/]

You just click edit & remove the "[URL=www.sherv.net/]" part & end up with this

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
17 Jun 2016 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

I was in the water but didn't get a wave. Does that count as a surf?

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
17 Jun 2016 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

I saw two snapped boards, two snapped leggies, a guy with a nasty gash above his eye and another guy with a really deep gash to his foot that left lumps of congealed blood up the stairs. Me? I had a wave break about 15m in front of me, bailed the board, and still got slammed into the bottom. I went in and spent the next five minutes spewing on my hands and knees on the beach. It was pretty bloody good out there though. It's just that I wasn't.

It was a 2m swell.

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
18 Jun 2016 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

Hospital today. The belting has hurt my back.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo