Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
RonnieRon
WA, 20 posts
20 Mar 2015 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

Some fun ones over the last couple of days, the crowds were hefty indeed.
More pics here, might see yourself if you surfed Toms - sixtydaysofsurfing.wordpress.com/

Bento
WA, 74 posts
21 Mar 2015 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Great photo. Also good read on your blog

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
21 Mar 2015 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RonnieRon said..

WTF?

RonnieRon
WA, 20 posts
21 Mar 2015 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Bento!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
25 Mar 2015 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

bolgo
WA, 880 posts
25 Mar 2015 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

just back from somewhere north of bunbury

6 days of great surf :-)

Zuke
901 posts
27 Mar 2015 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

It was well worth the early start today, not big but super clean and just lots of fun.

TimKay
752 posts
27 Mar 2015 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

RonnieRon said..

WTF?

It must be give a wave to a Gumby day

surferstu
1011 posts
27 Mar 2015 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TimKay said..

Legion said..

RonnieRon said..

WTF?

Slater thought, if dingo can do it, so can I! Durbidge wasn't too impressed

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
27 Mar 2015 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..
It was well worth the early start today, not big but super clean and just lots of fun.

Looks big enough to me.

TimKay
752 posts
28 Mar 2015 6:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surferstu said..

TimKay said..

Legion said..

RonnieRon said..

WTF?

Slater thought, if dingo can do it, so can I! Durbidge wasn't too impressed

That caption deserves a prize
Free Seabreeze Tshirt for SurferStu

genuine
332 posts
1 Apr 2015 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Waiting until Monday....

surferstu
1011 posts
1 Apr 2015 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
genuine said..
Waiting until Monday....

What's on Monday, more shin high close outs?

genuine
332 posts
1 Apr 2015 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surferstu said..

genuine said..
Waiting until Monday....

Better to be positive than negative stu

surferstu
1011 posts
1 Apr 2015 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
genuine said...
surferstu said..

genuine said..
Waiting until Monday....

Alright knee high then

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
1 Apr 2015 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
genuine said..

surferstu said..

genuine said..
Waiting until Monday....

For me it looks like shin high with a side breeze and freezing waters, but i can't wait

For once I'm looking forward to packing boards on the roof

genuine
332 posts
1 Apr 2015 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surferstu said..

genuine said...

surferstu said..

genuine said..
Waiting until Monday....

Alright knee high then

Sunday is looking ok for some dick height runners

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
1 Apr 2015 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

BAM!!

sparki
WA, 410 posts
1 Apr 2015 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

'how do you get up from THAT?' haha, don't we all just wanna know that kiddies, don't we all?

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Apr 2015 11:39AM
Thumbs Up

Basically flat - unless you want to go and chase waist high sets at Trigg Point with 40 others, including 2 x 666's and a goat boat!

I went back to the car grabbed the iPod and went for a walk down past Brighton...

Razzonater
2224 posts
2 Apr 2015 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

I apologise to no one, its true I bought a 9'4 sel longboard from gumtree last week. I just took it out at the point and sat on the reef. I was the guy everyone scowled at .and why not what asshole paddles out to crowded trigg point on a mal.....after years of asking myself that question it was time,time to do it. I hadn't rode a longboard in a while and besides I've surfed there for over 25years (sad I know) but this gave me some sense of right to surf a mal there.anyway moral conundrums aside it was fun, got up on the nose got a few dribblers.after about 10 in 30minutes I escaped the mob and made it back to the car. I must say again I apologise to no one. Happy Easter

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
2 Apr 2015 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

Packed the car....****ing off for a week in desperate search.I think the speargun will get more use than the board

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
2 Apr 2015 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

Couldn't wait myself so packed the roof today. Leaving after work and looking forward to getting past the Roe Hwy turn on the freeway heading south The rest is all just down hill..

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
2 Apr 2015 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
Packed the car....****ing off for a week in desperate search.I think the speargun will get more use than the board

Forget the spearo mate - just grab a bucket and scoop yourself up some fresh Salmon and Herring:

It looks as though the salmon are running in big numbers Down South. Check out the all the subsequent shark sightings on Surf Lifesaving WA's Twitter feed...

sparki
WA, 410 posts
2 Apr 2015 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
I apologise to no one, its true I bought a 9'4 sel longboard from gumtree last week. I just took it out at the point and sat on the reef. I was the guy everyone scowled at .and why not what asshole paddles out to crowded trigg point on a mal.....after years of asking myself that question it was time,time to do it. I hadn't rode a longboard in a while and besides I've surfed there for over 25years (sad I know) but this gave me some sense of right to surf a mal there.anyway moral conundrums aside it was fun, got up on the nose got a few dribblers.after about 10 in 30minutes I escaped the mob and made it back to the car. I must say again I apologise to no one. Happy Easter

That's the spirit! if there's no one else on the wave, no one's got a right to have a go at you! i'm 25 and i've got a longboard and a sup. no shame! the only shame i could think of is getting out of the surf having caught either nothing or closeouts, especially while having to deal with a crowd.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Apr 2015 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..

I must have seen you then. There was only one guy on the reef at about 8:45am, but then I saw another mal rider sitting more in the pack getting a few waist high ones with toes over the nose. He had a bucket hat on...

Although I also had my mal with me I just could not get excited by what I saw... I think I am getting old and fussy!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
2 Apr 2015 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
LateStarter said..

subasurf said..

Forget the spearo mate - just grab a bucket and scoop yourself up some fresh Salmon and Herring:

It looks as though the salmon are running in big numbers Down South. Check out the all the subsequent shark sightings on Surf Lifesaving WA's Twitter feed...

I was down there last week. Had the arse end of tonsillitis - so was feeling a bit average and only went out at MR river mouth so the missus could boogie board. Was about head high... was having fun in crystal clear water then the wave changed colour as a school of Salmon ripped through it. Time to get out of the water...

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
2 Apr 2015 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Yep it's been game on for a few weeks.
With Easter and school hols it's time to leave the boards at home and chuck in the rods.
Let the blow in's squabble over the waves.
Yew

smicko
WA, 2502 posts
2 Apr 2015 10:35PM
Thumbs Up

That second pic's a cracker Greeny!

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
3 Apr 2015 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said...
That second pic's a cracker Greeny!

There's some big salmon around!
Threw a lure a couple weeks ago in gnarabup and must have got all the fish excited. My 10th or so cast as I was reeling in, a shark breached and smashed this school of fish. Fish jumping everywhere, then the shark hit them again! This was about 20m in front of me.
Was surfing an offshore reef in the same area last week and a 2.5m shark swam straight past me. Lots of little fish in the water and so clear.
A couple days ago was surfing the bay and bait fish started jumping all around us. A couple people paddled in. I got a few more waves but felt like I was being watched by something. Didn't help being overcast.
Everyone is a bit on edge but hey.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie