Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
16 Jul 2016 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

Definitely worth a look today. Im on my way to work but stopping in for a watch along the northern beaches and there's plenty of fun on offer. Even breaking well out front of yelo on the sets (though I think that was the exception)

sparki
WA, 410 posts
16 Jul 2016 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

anyone that surfed in perth over the two days of northerly swell, did you experience the rather intense drift? i see some reports of great fun had but nothing about the trying conditions. i had some multi-section waves yesterday, but getting out through the shorey was consistently challenging/exhausting.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
16 Jul 2016 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

I think paddling constantly against the drift stopped me from getting hypothermia

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
16 Jul 2016 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sparki said..
anyone that surfed in perth over the two days of northerly swell, did you experience the rather intense drift? i see some reports of great fun had but nothing about the trying conditions. i had some multi-section waves yesterday, but getting out through the shorey was consistently challenging/exhausting.

Pockets of nothing, then ZOOM for a hundred metres!

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
17 Jul 2016 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

Epic left hand bank close to town here. Offshores and swell. Sweeeeet bloody cold though... And sharks.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
21 Jul 2016 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Weekend, then Monday, Tuesday, Wednes..............

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
22 Jul 2016 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Lovely sets at Trigg right now. Hardly any out.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
22 Jul 2016 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
Lovely sets at Trigg right now. Hardly any out.

Looked good on the cams

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Jul 2016 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

I have been avoiding the cold but today dragged myself out. Had a ball locally and very happy i made the effort

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
24 Jul 2016 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Huey has been having his wicked way with me lately- giving it rough without protection
but today I broke free from his not so tender embrace
weird rips and currents at Scabs actually worked for me today
Perko Potato was on point very happy surf this morning was hoping for arvo action but the breeze became breezy....oh well beer was nice

Buster fin
WA, 2568 posts
24 Jul 2016 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Huey has been having his wicked way with me lately- giving it rough without protection
but today I broke free from his not so tender embrace
weird rips and currents at Scabs actually worked for me today
Perko Potato was on point very happy surf this morning was hoping for arvo action but the breeze became breezy....oh well beer was nice

Ha haaa, so that was you I saw getting annihilated by a bomb this morning
It got too crowded for me. I sought quieter pastures.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
25 Jul 2016 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

Some nice banks around, swell is hanging in there

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
25 Jul 2016 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

I didn't think much of the banks
headed for the the reefs, some nice runners

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
28 Jul 2016 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

Fantastic fun last night locally. Only small but with a bit of shape and only me and two others on the point..

Jeez the water temp though

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
28 Jul 2016 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

I maybe a pansy but with my 3mm boots, 4/3 wettie, sealed gloves and hood I'm not feeling the cold at all! Is just great for those In between lulls

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
28 Jul 2016 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Andy T said..
I maybe a pansy but with my 3mm boots, 4/3 wettie, sealed gloves and hood I'm not feeling the cold at all! Is just great for those In between lulls

Its really just my hands and feet. Especially i have two broken toes and the cold is providing for days of carried over pain after a surf.. I struggle with booties because of the toes and just try avoid the cold.. Sadly ill have to get them fixed as they are getting worse, but its going to require surgery and months out of the water so have put it of for a few years now

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
28 Jul 2016 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Andy T said..

Its really just my hands and feet. Especially i have two broken toes and the cold is providing for days of carried over pain after a surf.. I struggle with booties because of the toes and just try avoid the cold.. Sadly ill have to get them fixed as they are getting worse, but its going to require surgery and months out of the water so have put it of for a few years now

air temp is a bit chilly but the water temp is fine. Getting out of bed is the hard part

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
29 Jul 2016 7:23AM
Thumbs Up

Working in the water is even harder

The next few days are looking interesting.

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
29 Jul 2016 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said...
Working in the water is even harder

The next few days are looking interesting.

Sunday looks good for you suba, Monday looks good for me (pity I have to work)

esoom
WA, 119 posts
29 Jul 2016 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Anybody heading up to Indo next week ,make sure you pack the rhino chaser !
Swell is looking rather large , 3-4 m .
Enjoy , wherever you maybe.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Jul 2016 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

jbshack said..

Andy T said..

air temp is a bit chilly but the water temp is fine. Getting out of bed is the hard part

The air temp and beach sand was fine. The water was bitterly cold. Many of the young thin guys are really struggling to maintain warmth. Maybe its a isolated issue were i am, but its colder than I've ever known. Hands and feet only. Head and face settle after a few minutes.

Got up early as the wind was right, but tide was too high early, a rock fisherman and a large seal all sore me driving home dry

katana
WA, 644 posts
29 Jul 2016 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

just got to surf the north wall yesterday in Balina great session head and half and great to be back in a springy

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Jul 2016 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
katana said..
just got to surf the north wall yesterday in Balina great session head and half and great to be back in a springy

Lucky you didn't drown in the Eco barrier

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
29 Jul 2016 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Forgot to say... I'm a real skinny bastard with very little insulation

katana
WA, 644 posts
30 Jul 2016 7:25AM
Thumbs Up

they were just setting the barrier while I was in the water .they must be putting some strong anchor system in as that wave has some grunt not to mention the currents

mocha1
WA, 929 posts
31 Jul 2016 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Again!!!!!!!!
huey yo absolute f$&6$7g C+*^%^ bast*^%##
offshore now, Monday n Tuesday offshore and pumping
weekend shizen housen and long range forecast.......next weekend onshore pus dribble blown out sh%t

HUEY you F#%^#C#%%%#Bas#%><<

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
1 Aug 2016 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

Drainers today. Obviously

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
1 Aug 2016 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
katana said..
they were just setting the barrier while I was in the water .they must be putting some strong anchor system in as that wave has some grunt not to mention the currents

Yeah they are huge.. Good to hear its finally going in.

FishDoc
WA, 6 posts
1 Aug 2016 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Was nice at Toms today. Was my local in the early 1990's - when I often had it to myself, or shared with just a couple of other guys. Haven't been there for a while, so it was nice to see the swell brought some of the early 90's crew back along with a new generation of young local crew. Much more crowded than I remember, but a real good friendly vibe, plenty of waves for young and old alike.

Niknot
WA, 52 posts
1 Aug 2016 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

there was aplenty of frothin this arvo at the fav beachie, here's a couple of snaps

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie