windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
22 Jun 2010 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
22 Jun 2010 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

3 x fined Thrusters proven feel and reliability for performence in every surf sport.
Good on you naish
But why board companies havent stayed true refining them ........ill never know ................Meantime .......

choco
SA, 3995 posts
22 Jun 2010 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

king of the point said...

3 x fined Thrusters proven feel and reliability for performence in every surf sport.
Good on you naish
But why board companies havent stayed true refining them ........ill never know ................Meantime .......

Wow tri fin looks like boards have done a full circle, i think 2012 gear will look like this

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
22 Jun 2010 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

windaddict said...

Heaps of adjustment for the center fin, probably for a single fin configuration.

hoop
1979 posts
22 Jun 2010 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Good work King. The Stoney board looks heaps nicer than the Naish.
What's the story with having half a metre of tail area behind the back fin? Can you also use it as a mal?

flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
22 Jun 2010 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

hoop said...

Good work King. The Stoney board looks heaps nicer than the Naish.
What's the story with having half a metre of tail area behind the back fin? Can you also use it as a mal?

I was trying to work out the same thing. wonder why nasih went back to the 90s fin set-up?? well it's different anyway to all the other 2011 boards.. maybe it works the best who knows..

aus301
QLD, 2039 posts
23 Jun 2010 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

windaddict said...

windaddict said...

Heaps of adjustment for the center fin, probably for a single fin configuration.

Why why why??? Why not use FCS or Futures fins for the sides??? At least then there would be some options for fin configurations.

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
23 Jun 2010 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Fanatic

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
23 Jun 2010 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

Goya:

One:

Quad:

Eclipse:

Freesurf:

Guru:

Nexus:

Storm:

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
23 Jun 2010 9:49AM
Thumbs Up

North:

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
23 Jun 2010 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

Quatro:

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
23 Jun 2010 9:53AM
Thumbs Up

RRD:

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
23 Jun 2010 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

Starboard:

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7916 posts
23 Jun 2010 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

Great colours..grr I was happy with what I had until I saw some of this!Thats why they have gone wild with colour so people wil upgrade just to look cool.. the gear prob isnt much better..
..The red & orange boards remind me of my 90's Windaction slalom board

Pardon the daggy red booties..

Gestalt
QLD, 14122 posts
23 Jun 2010 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

windaddict, tell me you didn't post that under stewie and then realise what you'd done and changed it to windaddict.

bustedddddddddddddd.......

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
23 Jun 2010 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Gestalt said...

windaddict, tell me you didn't post that under stewie and then realise what you'd done and changed it to windaddict.

Huh ? That one went right over my head....Who is Stewie ?

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
23 Jun 2010 9:56AM
Thumbs Up

Hoops .........Nude........What boards are you shaping the most of at the monemt,whats the trend.
Quadies are nt a bad feel , ive enjoyed them, the ones ive riden SSD /starboard. seen that rrd above photo looks intresting ...........lot of fin weight in quadies, the ass end can get heavy, that just needs to be counter acted balanced out through the shape ....The side fins look thickish on that RRD above .........but all quadies seem to convert quickly to lift .........liked the RRD twinie to blast around on at corros, hated grip off the top, but, it still tracked and blasted around a treat......good to play around on .....light solid construction ...fk $$$$$$ but.
Anyway ..........great to see and have the oppertunity to try out the NEW inventions /technology and inner workings of the minds of lunatic designers and shapers for wave slaying dragons and or speeding...........

flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
23 Jun 2010 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

KOP is back yippy yebada ''wave slaying dragons'' kop said hehehe awesome

flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
23 Jun 2010 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

I like the fanatic quad and staboard the best going by those pics the rest look to happy and GAY

flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
23 Jun 2010 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

windaddict said...

Gestalt said...

Huh ? That one went right over my head....Who is Stewie ?

windaddict is stewie hehehe its true the dude who runs a fish and chip store in the city who windsurfs.. we all know stewie the girls all love himi might buy some fish and chips off him next time i am in the cityi heard he makes good burgers too HOW A YA STEWIE??? I HAVE MISSED YA SON

Haircut
QLD, 6480 posts
23 Jun 2010 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

sboardcrazy said...

Pardon the daggy red booties..

are you wearing your crocs? never thought of trying them for sailing. great idea!

KenHo
NSW, 1353 posts
25 Jun 2010 6:25AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Haircut, somehow I don't see you on the new JP Freestyle.
The graphic design job is mmmmmmm, mingin !!

hoop
1979 posts
25 Jun 2010 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Kingy, we've got all sorts coming through at the moment. Just finished a couple of 105 litre twinnys . I've also been talked into making some quads. I wasn't going to do it but it seems plenty of people are asking about it. Also got some stealthy looking speed boards that have been going pretty quick. There's a few freestyle boards as well.

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
25 Jun 2010 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

How is it the fins in this day and age and the amount we pay still have the head of the screw sticking out like the moles on Norman Bunstens face

No brainer to me

On a single fin ****s me
On a twin fin it ****s me x2
Thruster well im talking lack of finish and effort to get the fin system working correctly
On quadies it reminds me of Frankinstine , no brainer...on behalf of the manufactures

Is it that hard to counter sink the screw head and use modern fin technology? to finish a board off ?

flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
25 Jun 2010 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

I understand you very well Kingy i wish all boards were quads, even the big light wind boards.. its a no brainer: no more hittting sand bars, no more drift out, plane earlier, turn tighter, can sail over reefs in 2 inches of water with a smile on ya face, no more broken fins,they jump better too i heard..you have the right idea kingy. like you say too 'to be able to ride da hissing dragon you need a quad'

Haircut
QLD, 6480 posts
25 Jun 2010 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

i think the graphic designers of naish and jp have always had this ongoing competition, to see who can make the most revolting looking board

i think north and fanatic will sell some gear this year on looks alone

here's hoping that for jp its a repeat of 2008, where the gear might have looked questionable, but was great to ride

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"2011 gear spyshots" started by windaddict