Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

Formula Windsurfing NSW State Titles 2016

Created by AUS032 > 9 months ago, 10 Jan 2016
AUS032
NSW, 143 posts
10 Jan 2016 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Windsurfing NSW in partnership with Storm-riders Windsurfing Club is proud to announce the NSW Formula State Titles regatta to be held on the weekend of the 13th of February on the beautiful Jervis Bay, from Husskison Beach.

Nick Nelson from Illawarra Yacht Club will be the RO for the event & the Formula fleet will be sharing the course with the Raceboards guys for heat #5 of their touring series.

At the back end of the NSW Windsurfing Series & fresh after the Oceanics 2016 Downunder Pro, this will be a quality regatta not to be missed. So time to book that accommodation & sign up.

EFT your regatta payments to; Storm-riders Windsurfing Club BSB 112-879 Acc 154 132 815

To download the Notice of Race & Sailing Instructions head to; http://www.stormriderswindsurfingclub.com/nsw-formula-windsurfing-series-201516.html

AUS032
NSW, 143 posts
5 Feb 2016 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

Just a reminder that the NSW Formula State Titles for 2016 to be held next wk end, the 13th of February on the beautiful Jervis Bay off Husskison Beach. Sponsored by our good mates at Windsurf n Snow, who have offered up some great prizes & with Nick Nelson from Illawarra Yacht Club as the RO for the regatta, this is sure to be a great event to round off an action packed season for 2015/16.

As per Glen's post, Formula sailors will also be sharing the course with the NSW Raceboards fleet for heat #5 of their touring series.

?So time to book your accommodation and sign up. Regatta fee of $50 for the wk end for Formula can be made by EFT to:
Storm-riders Windsurfing Club BSB 112-879 Acc 154 132 815

Sailing Instructions now updated and live on the Stormriders site, so don't forget to download & have a read!

http://www.stormriderswindsurfingclub.com/nsw-formula-windsurfing-series-201516.html

Brett Morris
NSW, 1197 posts
8 Feb 2016 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Sweet....One of the best sailing locations in NSW... Checking my gear is all in one piece for the Nationals....So much racing these days...Love it!

Brett Morris
NSW, 1197 posts
10 Feb 2016 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

Not that the wind forecast has been super accurate of late, but both Sat and Sun are looking really nice huh....Hot and windy..Good times.

AUS032
NSW, 143 posts
10 Feb 2016 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

A quick update to inform competitors that a change has been made to the SIs specifically concerning course marks. As we have two fleets on the course this wk end, some additional marks will be in use to allow Nick to run consecutive back to back races with the fleets. So effectively we have two courses on the wk end. Obviously it’s important that all sailors are there for the briefing & rego from 10.30 on Saturday.

A reminder also that as per the NOR, a condition of entry is that all competitors are members of a Club or Association affiliated with the Australian Windsurfing Association. Membership forms will be available at registration. More details can be found on the Stormriders web site.

http://www.stormriderswindsurfingclub.com/nsw-formula-windsurfing-series-201516.html

Please note change to SIs, point 9; MARKS
Marks of the course will be inflatable triangular red & cylindrical pink buoys.
The starting marks will be the Race Committee Signal Boat at the starboard end and a cylindrical pink inflatable buoy at the port end.
The finishing marks will be a Race Committee Signal Boat at the windward end and an orange teardrop buoy at the leeward end.

Saturday night is looking like we’ll be heading to the Husky pub to join the Raceboards for dinner and a few quite ones.

AUS032
NSW, 143 posts
13 Feb 2016 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Great days racing today for us Formula guys, with 4 races completed in a building heavy NE breeze. Great to be on the course with the Raceboards. Looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow with hopefully a tad less wind

Preliminary results on the Windsurfing NSW results web page. Pics to follow in the coming days.

http://www.windsurfingnsw.com/classes/formula-windsurfing/

jamesf
NSW, 988 posts
13 Feb 2016 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Glad you guys got some wind down there. Looks like it must have been howling in the last race with only 4 starters? Sorry I couldn't make it. Congrats to Grae for finishing two races! Nice work.
Direct link www.windsurfingnsw.com/content/formula/20152016/results/FwStatesP.html

powersloshin
NSW, 1656 posts
13 Feb 2016 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

I cannot believe you guys competed on formulas today. I was in Sanctuary Point which is more sheltered and got smashed on 95 lt board and 6.6 ! Congratulations !!

AUS4
NSW, 1250 posts
14 Feb 2016 7:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jamesf said...
Glad you guys got some wind down there. Looks like it must have been howling in the last race with only 4 starters? Sorry I couldn't make it. Congrats to Grae for finishing two races! Nice work.
Direct link www.windsurfingnsw.com/content/formula/20152016/results/FwStatesP.html

7 starters and 3 finishers James

Brett Morris
NSW, 1197 posts
14 Feb 2016 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

Just got home from an epic weekend of racing...17 races completed (FW and RB) over the 2 days, with the full range of conditions.

Can't thank the race crew enough.
Nick Nelson and Ron (Both from Illawarra YC) are superstars in my book. They just nailed the weekend for all 32 competitors.

Adam Craven was all over the organisation including the unique trophies. Dave Howe getting the results up in record time.

Thanks to www.Windsurfnsnow.com.au for the prizes. They were a total surprize/bonus, but well appreciated.

Thanks to the raceboard crew who are just good value to be around, both on and off the water....(Sorry not sure who the key organisers were)..

Getting a bit tired now to think clearly, but can't express enough how much Grae and I enjoyed this weekend....

Huskisson/Jervis Bay is a special part of the world......

JustinL
NSW, 465 posts
Site Sponsor
15 Feb 2016 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah what Brett said
It was really a very good experience, absolutely loved the weekend

The conditions helped to make it so memorable. Brett has laid down the challenge for us to accept or not. It was a incredible display in the wild heats of 3 and 4. Strength, fitness, skill and fearlessness! Well done Brett

AUS032
NSW, 143 posts
15 Feb 2016 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

Fantastic end to the 2015/16 race season on the Formula front. A very big congrates to open fleet winner Justin Lord, who showed us that dedication & consistency pays big dividends; well done mate. Equally impressive was the irrepressible Brett Morris, who gave everyone a valuable lesson in high wind Formula on the Saturday. Brett was closely followed by Leo Sharpe. Cheers Leo for making the journey. You certainly made an impressive south of the boarder raid to gain a 3rd place. An awesome effort & much respect.

Equally impressive & arguably the most improved sailor in the fleet this year; hats off to one Rick Murray. He was closely followed by the unstoppable Tibor Ferenzcy & Wayne Bowness in the Grand Master devision.

A big shout out to our Free Formula devision winner Bruce Healey. A changing of the guard my be on the cards however as a young Grea Morris is hot on the heals of many of us. At 13yrs old he managed a very commendable, most impressive 2nd place in the Free Formula devision on the wk end.

Thank you to all competitors for making the trip to Jervis Bay & particular thanks to Glen Morrell & the Raceboard crew for their attendance. The event couldn't of happened with out you guys. Indeed we're most grateful & hopeful also that we can do it all again next season

Finally a very big thanks to Nick Nelson & Ron from Illawarra Yacht Club for running a fantastic regatta on the water. You guys made the very best of it & didn't we end on a high note on that last race gents! So very grateful for your expertise and efforts.

Last but by no means least, a massive thanks to Sam Parker, Chris & all the good folks at Windsurf n' Snow for their continued & unwavering support for windsurf course racing in NSW. At the end of the day, these events couldn't happen without your support. Cheers for the prizes as they were all very much appreciated by us at prize giving Sunday.

For all the pics & comments head to: www.facebook.com/groups/165678660189943/

Final Results after 7 races: www.windsurfingnsw.com/content/formula/20152016/results/FwStates2016.html

AUS032
NSW, 143 posts
16 Feb 2016 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

A quick update with the results on the wk end. Apologies to Wayne, Bruce, Tibor & Grea, but a couple of mistakes were inadvertently made in the recording of boards across the line on the Sunday and unfortunately Wayne was missed in the 5th and 7th race of the day. In finishing both races he has crept up a tad in the rankings & so in the Grand Master devision, a trophy swap is in order. Many apologies Tibor.

Thank you also to Bruce Healy for his honesty in acknowledging missing the middle mark in race 5 on Sunday: Always the gentleman sportsman! That then puts Grea Morris ahead on points, making him the winner of the Free Formula devision for the NSW Formula State Titles for 2016. Not bad for his first regatta!

www.windsurfingnsw.com/content/formula/20152016/results/FwStates2016.html

AUS032
NSW, 143 posts
21 Feb 2016 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Some pics from last wk end on the Saturday(day one) from Mari Barrios. If anyone is interested in a high resolution CD of all of their individual shots from the season, I can arrange for just $50. Send me a PM or email me at adamcraven@me.com.

And great to see these boys on the race track again! Thanks heaps Windsurf n' Snow for all the support this season

And all the rest at: www.stormriderswindsurfingclub.com/notice-board.html

Thanks for the season all & that's all folks!

Brett Morris
NSW, 1197 posts
22 Feb 2016 8:04AM
Thumbs Up

Very impressed... Emailed you a request for the CD already....

Dean 424
NSW, 440 posts
22 Feb 2016 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Well done on winning the NSW State titles Justin. Great effort Mate.

JustinL
NSW, 465 posts
Site Sponsor
21 Mar 2016 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Dean

Hey formula guys
I finally took some time to write a regatta report for my Blog and my Facebook. It has some cool stuff like Larry Tuttle's design drawing and some photos etc.

Here is how I started it LOL

Before this championship I decide to deal with pre race nerves / anxiety or whatever it’s called by consulting Dr. Google. The internet taught me to be careful of, releasing stress hormones into your system as they can be toxic for the brain making for cloudy thinking! Wow, better not get stressed.
So with my new awareness of stress I started the 3 hr drive down south to Huskinson. During the trip I developed a bad headache down one side of my brain and then pulled up to the Petrol Station and proceeded to put unleaded in my diesel van! So yes I have learnt nothing about controlling stress!!! ...

Click on the link for the rest of the story

www.windsurfingreligion.com/blog

AUS299
NSW, 74 posts
22 Mar 2016 11:52AM
Thumbs Up

It is always good to get your perspective Justin.

Well done!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"Formula Windsurfing NSW State Titles 2016" started by AUS032