Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

Race board spares??? Speed SR250L

Created by Dag > 9 months ago, 31 Jan 2017
Dag
QLD, 720 posts
31 Jan 2017 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

I have just acquired a Speed SR250L Race board. Thanks heap's Tony. It has the smaller of the two centerboards, and I would really like to find the larger one. Also I'd love to find an original, adjustable mast track.
Anyone out there with any, or a crappy old board that could be used for spare's, I'd love to here from you.
Cheers,
Darren.

grich62
QLD, 662 posts
31 Jan 2017 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Darren is yours a silver speed or white .ive gota silver,the mast track in them are not that good and can pull out the pin, better to try fitting a bic or f2 or rx track.i had to repair the center board with balsa and carbon it was broken in half you could make a bigger one the same way.make sure you seal the whole edge with epoxy as they will suck a lake dry and gainweight very quick.awsome board when done up.

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
31 Jan 2017 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Hi grich62, It's the silver one, and tony was sure to seal the edge right along the rail's when he got it. I think that's what you're saying. I read about that on an old post. I remember having a sail on one back in the day. It was the maker Steve McGearey's board,when he sailed the QLD Winsurfer One Design State Titles at Bribie in 1989 I think. I loved it and can't wait to sail it.
Cheers for the info. I'll see what I can find.

grich62
QLD, 662 posts
1 Feb 2017 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

if you can not find a center board i can draw up this one and you could copy it ,have you got any off the original parts for the mast track i re maned a few parts.i fitted a bic track to my eliminator, a lot better track.if you get a chance can you weigh the board mines 20 od kilos

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
1 Feb 2017 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah mate, she's a goody. I got 17.9kg's only missing two strap's and fin.
So I think I'll invest the time into doing her up , new paint etc.
Pretty sure I have a mast track sorted, original or other. I'll look at them.
Thanks for the offer. I'll see what I can find.

AusMoz
QLD, 1389 posts
29 Aug 2017 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Just got a 250. Needs some mast track work - might look at fitting a better mast track - any ideas?

grich62
QLD, 662 posts
29 Aug 2017 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AusMoz said..
Just got a 250. Needs some mast track work - might look at fitting a better mast track - any ideas?

can you post a picture of your track ,i might be able to help you repair it .i did post pictures of the parts required and how to make them in a other topic if you browse my pictures they are in there,sorry i don,t know how to direct you to the page .the original tracks works fin if you get it right

AusMoz
QLD, 1389 posts
29 Aug 2017 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

No worries. Will post ASAP.

olskool
QLD, 2444 posts
29 Aug 2017 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Moz, Gregs mastrack pics are in General SPEED FORMULA ONE RACEBOARD topic. Page 2. All you need is ball bearing n remake white nylon piece.

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
15 Nov 2017 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

And Voila! A brand new creation.

Perfect. Slowly but surely. Took a lot of time to do, so now I have to do her up.

grich62
QLD, 662 posts
15 Nov 2017 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

good work there dag, worth the time

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"Race board spares??? Speed SR250L" started by Dag