Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

Raceboard Nationals 2015/16

Created by tonymatta > 9 months ago, 16 Sep 2015
tonymatta
QLD, 358 posts
16 Sep 2015 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

The 2015/16 Boardcrazy Australian Raceboard Titles will be hosted by RQYS Manly, Queensland.

When: November 27th to 29th 2015.
The organising body is Windsurfing Queensland.
The Notice of Race and Entry Details will be up soon on the RQYS website.

The usual age and weight divisions will apply plus the following new divisions:
RETRO BOARD: Competitor entering with a board manufactured 1995 or earlier;
HYBRID CLASS ONE: Allows boards up to 3m in length with a maximum sail size of 7.8m. (Includes: Techno 293, RSOne, RSX, Phantom 295)
HYBRID CLASS TWO: Allows boards over 3m in length with a maximum sail size of 7.8m. (Includes: Phantom 320, Kona One, WOD and other old longboards)
Both Hybrid Classes will have a shorter course.

Thanks again to Boardcrazy and Windsurfing Queensland for their continued support of this event.
This Ozi Nationals is exactly one year prior to the 2016 Raceboard Worlds to be held at RQYS.

blackattack
QLD, 361 posts
16 Sep 2015 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds interesting, I am pretty sure I still have a kona one sitting up the lake and I have an old reflex 2 7.8 under the house, sounds like I am in business!

Now I just need to make sure that no more than 3 people enter in HYBRID CLASS TWO and i am assured a podium finish.

The Pom
QLD, 137 posts
17 Sep 2015 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

Great News!

Now to just get the monkey arms up to scratch to hold on!

Looking forward to the event. If it is half as good as last years....I will be fantastic!

snorkel962
QLD, 447 posts
17 Sep 2015 1:42PM
Thumbs Up

Great news Tony!!.Sadly I wont be able to get down then. Is the Hybrid 2 class likely to stay for events like the States and or the Worlds next year?

Cheers and again thanks,

Michael

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
17 Sep 2015 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
The Pom said..
Great News!

Now to just get the monkey arms up to scratch to hold on!

Looking forward to the event. If it is half as good as last years....I will be fantastic!

Maybe if you start training a bit earlier than a few days before the event ???

tonymatta
QLD, 358 posts
18 Sep 2015 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Any divisions that are well supported will continue for the State championship.

Inclusion in the worlds will be up to the national committee which will meet at the nationals in November.
I expect the division will be there but not as a recognised ISAF/IWA class.
It may just count as next years Australian Nationals.

tonymatta
QLD, 358 posts
23 Sep 2015 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

I have some RS-One kits that I would consider Chartering for the Nationals.

Suitable for entries in Hybrid Class One.

Anyone interested can contact me.

WindsurferOD
72 posts
28 Sep 2015 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Great to have the Hybrid and Retro Divisions. Thanks da vecta, cammd and tonymatta! Qld is the place to be this season for longboards!

Select to expand quote
blackattack said..
Sounds interesting, I am pretty sure I still have a kona one sitting up the lake and I have an old reflex 2 7.8 under the house, sounds like I am in business!

Now I just need to make sure that no more than 3 people enter in HYBRID CLASS TWO and i am assured a podium finish.

Good luck blackattack! Hopefully some WODs will be joining you.
At the Qld States at Burrum Windfest, there was a Kona racing with WODs, a beautiful D2 board and a couple of other longboards. So much fun, but some close, technical racing too. Will be interesting to see the racing, with the longer courses and different conditions.

iCarbon
QLD, 193 posts
20 Oct 2015 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

At this stage, the only local entrants for the event are RQYS regulars.

Come on Raceboard supporters, enter early to help attract possible interstate and overseas competitors.

Notice of Race and On-Line Entry is available on RQYS website.

Notice of Race www.rqys.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/15-Nov-Nationals-NoR.pdf

Entry https://www.topyacht.com.au/ent/enter.php?e=102.2.157

KA360
NSW, 801 posts
20 Oct 2015 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Alex and I are looking forward to it. We had a great time up there in July. Great location and support from the yacht club and great bunch of very welcoming and helpful windsurfers. See you there!

cammd
QLD, 3469 posts
22 Oct 2015 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Thats great we will have some local youth for Alex to race against.

Zane84
QLD, 16 posts
28 Oct 2015 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

locked in,and can't be called away with work this year...

The Pom
QLD, 137 posts
30 Oct 2015 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

All signed up and ready to go!!!! Bring the downwind pump fest!!!!

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
30 Oct 2015 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
The Pom said..
All signed up and ready to go!!!! Bring the downwind pump fest!!!!

You must be well into your intensive training program by now. No excuses.

bc
QLD, 700 posts
30 Oct 2015 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Yes tribey has been training heaps , might give Leo and Brendon a shake up . Me I will be in the shop

Joshbonga
QLD, 72 posts
2 Nov 2015 10:01AM
Thumbs Up

How about a group practice at Golden Beach this Sunday during the Windwanderers Social Day? We could possibly organise a couple of buoys to sail around?

cammd
QLD, 3469 posts
6 Nov 2015 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

Hearing rumours the world champ might be sailing one of the days

iCarbon
QLD, 193 posts
6 Nov 2015 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

Let's all pitch in to support this event and the sponsors by attracting the maximum possible number of entries locally, interstate and from overseas.

You can help by entering early.

There are 17 entries to date, with 3 weeks to go till the event. That's great. It's progressing to be a big event.

Thanks again to Boardcrazy and Windsurfing Queensland for their continued support of this event.

The 2015/16 Boardcrazy Australian Raceboard Title is exactly one year prior to the 2016 Raceboard Worlds to be held at RQYS.

hooray
QLD, 335 posts
13 Nov 2015 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

Just a friendly reminder that you have 1 week to get your entries in before late entry fees apply.

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
15 Nov 2015 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

Last year.

AntsC
QLD, 114 posts
15 Nov 2015 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Getting my rego sorted this week! looking forward to it!

Scotf
QLD, 1241 posts
19 Nov 2015 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome to see such good numbers for this weekends Australian race board titles. Talking to Tony tonight he has already surpassed last years great numbers. Looking forward to seeing such a big fleet on the water and I'll do my best to get some more photos and videos from out on the water again.

PS: if you've ever thought of racing at a national event there will be no better time to get involved so dont be shy and get signed up. Judging by last years event you will certainly not regret it.

Scotf
QLD, 1241 posts
20 Nov 2015 4:46AM
Thumbs Up

Sorry, meant to say next weekends not this weekends event. Don't turn up today...

jusavina
QLD, 1438 posts
20 Nov 2015 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
iCarbon said...
Let's all pitch in to support this event and the sponsors by attracting the maximum possible number of entries locally, interstate and from overseas.

You can help by entering early.

There are 17 entries to date, with 3 weeks to go till the event. That's great. It's progressing to be a big event.

The 2015/16 Boardcrazy Australian Raceboard Title is exactly one year prior to the 2016 Raceboard Worlds to be held at RQYS.

I wonder if that Columbia guy is going to get the Australian title in the retro board division...

da vecta
QLD, 2512 posts
24 Nov 2015 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Attention Raceboarders,

RQYS has locked gates. When you arrive on Friday, please park outside the gates and walk in the the front reception where you will be given a passcode for the gate.
You will then be able to enter the gate in your car. We will most likely be rigging up at he beach at the most Easterly point of the club. (Basically keep driving straight after you enter)

Please do not drive up to the gates without your pass code.

See you then

cammd
QLD, 3469 posts
26 Nov 2015 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

Only one more sleep to go

da vecta
QLD, 2512 posts
26 Nov 2015 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Well that gives you just a nice amount of time to work on your speech.

WindsurfingQLD
197 posts
27 Nov 2015 6:46AM
Thumbs Up

What a magnificent day for the start of the 2015/16 Boardcrazy Australian Raceboard Titles. Good luck to all of the competitors and I hope the wind stays favourable throughout the event.

I'll look forward to catching up with you all tonight at dinner.

Regards, Scot Farley.

John340
QLD, 3047 posts
27 Nov 2015 9:49AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a 20kt southerly to kick of proceedings

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
27 Nov 2015 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

42 competitors !!! Awesome.

WindsurfingQLD
197 posts
29 Nov 2015 5:03AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like some good pressure for the competitors today. I might have to bring the sailboard out to get footage this year, might be a bit rough for the boat.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"Raceboard Nationals 2015/16" started by tonymatta