Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

West Coast Classic 2015

Created by maxa > 9 months ago, 1 Nov 2014
maxa
SA, 84 posts
1 Nov 2014 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

It's on again. Australia Day weekend 2015.
The format will be the same as previous years,( we'll just make it up as we go) 3 or 4 days of wavesailing.
There'll be plenty of social time with bbq & beers in the shed, we'll hit up some sponsors for prizes.
There are 2 caravan parks in Elliston, the "Elliston Caravan Park" is the one we use (next to jetty) , has a pool and good bbq area. ph 08 86879061.
any queries give me a call 0427183317

russh
SA, 3023 posts
1 Nov 2014 2:47PM
Thumbs Up

Good stuff michael - cant wait always a great weekend - booked a cabin fri-tues and 3 days down in lincoln - see ya there

EB
SA, 492 posts
1 Nov 2014 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

Can't wait Maxa will be there again. Always worth the effort. Will be bringing more toys this time.See you there.

Bondage
SA, 634 posts
1 Nov 2014 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

Will be heading over for a week from the sat before. Can u please turn on the swell this year??

maxa
SA, 84 posts
1 Nov 2014 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Bondage said..
Can u please turn on the swell this year??

Done . Forecast looks great

russh
SA, 3023 posts
3 Nov 2014 11:32AM
Thumbs Up

A reminder from Daves last Vid.

PKenny
SA, 236 posts
4 Nov 2014 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
EB said..
Can't wait Maxa will be there again. Always worth the effort. Will be bringing more toys this time.See you there.

You could downwind the 25Nm to Venus. Should be a good run.

OESaustralia
SA, 276 posts
9 Nov 2014 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

Season opener today at Walkers Rocks, nice 3m swell,wind was a light 18 Knts SSW until 5 pm then shifted around to the SE and rose to 20 to 25 knts.

WindWarrior
NSW, 1019 posts
10 Nov 2014 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
OESaustralia said..
Season opener today at Walkers Rocks, nice 3m swell,wind was a light 18 Knts SSW until 5 pm then shifted around to the SE and rose to 20 to 25 knts.

Pictures or it never happened Pete ;-)

OESaustralia
SA, 276 posts
11 Nov 2014 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

No photo's taken ,so I must have been wet dreaming !!, plus don't want to show all your boader hopping Mexicans what we have got here in SA !!
All jokes a side, get a crew together and do a road trip to the WCWC in Jan , its closer then WA .

russh
SA, 3023 posts
3 Jan 2015 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

Not long now - whos still heading over - we'll be in lincoln for 3 days then head there friday

Looking forward to an ale and a sail with the crew

Zachery
597 posts
3 Jan 2015 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Just trialling ales and c/park now rus all seems to be in order for the comin weekend

TAA
SA, 1111 posts
4 Jan 2015 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

Hope you have a good weekend for it.
I'm out of action for 6 weeks so want be making
Enjoy

russh
SA, 3023 posts
4 Jan 2015 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zachery said..
Just trialling ales and c/park now rus all seems to be in order for the comin weekend

Select to expand quote
TAA said..
Enjoy

Nice to hear Zac- you reckon you'll get a sail this arvo with a little bit of new swell?

Out of action for 6 weeks Ty hope alls well - theres bound to be heaps of good SE'rs down Nene way now

TAA
SA, 1111 posts
4 Jan 2015 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
russh said..

Zachery said..

TAA said..
Enjoy

Nice to hear Zac- you reckon you'll get a sail this arvo with a little bit of new swell?

Out of action for 6 weeks Ty hope alls well - theres bound to be heaps of good SE'rs down Nene way now

Taking one for the team Russ.
YEP,,,,, had this week booked in down home scored well around my birthday the last few years.

OESaustralia
SA, 276 posts
5 Jan 2015 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

Sunday, nice 22 to 28 knots SE with a 2.4 m SW swell, not huge but a nice shoulder to 1/2 mast on bombie, 6 guys out, looks to be the same conditions today.
Talked to Maxa yesterday,and I will offer a new custom board [ Less then 100 L , no fins and footstraps, basic spray] for the most outstanding move or wipeout [ on the water only ] over the weekend to be judged by Maxa and Zac, if there is no winner to be drawn out of a hat at the presention.

maxa
SA, 84 posts
6 Jan 2015 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Good work pete, a very generous offer. That should up the stakes a bit.
5& 6 sailors out at Walkers Sun & Mon, good wind swell small/med but a lot of fun .
Maris won the crayfish (yeah it's tough over here) eating comp Sun night, not a claw or leg went to waste.
Can't promise crayfish in a couple weeks, but you never know.

Bondage
SA, 634 posts
12 Jan 2015 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

So who is heading over??

Maxa, can you please ensure the swell and wind is turned on from this coming weekend. Will be getting there Sat arvo.

maxa
SA, 84 posts
12 Jan 2015 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

This weekend doesn't look great at this stage, but the weekend after......

EB
SA, 492 posts
13 Jan 2015 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
maxa said..
This weekend doesn't look great at this stage, but the weekend after......

Swell looks good wind looks good. All locked in now, will be there from Thursday morning till Sunday so that I can here all about Maxas Gero trip. Once again will be dangling beneath the fag bag
Hoping for a good showing so that I can put the camera through it's paces as well.

PKenny
SA, 236 posts
15 Jan 2015 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

If anyone is kicking about on the West Coast in the next few weeks and would like some company for a sail. Plus I could do with some training and tips for the long weekend. Give me a yell on 0427023157

Cheers PK

JBATES
SA, 227 posts
16 Jan 2015 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

What caravan park do most stay at and will I need to book. Just me and my son sleeping in swags.

russh
SA, 3023 posts
16 Jan 2015 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

JBATES said..
What caravan park do most stay at and will I need to book. Just me and my son sleeping in swags.

www.ellistoncaravanpark.com.au/

near the jetty - has a pool

Bondage
SA, 634 posts
16 Jan 2015 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JBATES said..

Hey Josh, You will probably be ok without a booking. I havent booked, just gonna rock up there tmoz. The park is usually pretty empty for sites. You can prob share on my or someones site as that would make it cheaper per head for you.

russh
SA, 3023 posts
16 Jan 2015 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Swellnet: Aust Day Weekend

Longer term a more substantial frontal progression is forecast to push up and towards us later next week, generating plenty of swell for next weekend, but more on this Monday. Have a great weekend!

Could the gods align!!!!!!!

Bondage
SA, 634 posts
16 Jan 2015 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
russh said..
Swellnet: Aust Day WeekendLonger term a more substantial frontal progression is forecast to push up and towards us later next week, generating plenty of swell for next weekend, but more on this Monday. Have a great weekend!

Could the gods align!!!!!!!

Looks like some swell this weekend and maybe some wind too. Whether swell is enough to get into Walkers?

JBATES
SA, 227 posts
18 Jan 2015 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

What's the forecast looking like for walkers. Both swell and wind. I've had a look but I'm not sure what size swell and wind direction is best.

PKenny
SA, 236 posts
19 Jan 2015 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JBATES said..
What's the forecast looking like for walkers. Both swell and wind. I've had a look but I'm not sure what size swell and wind direction is best.

Gday,
I am only new to Walkers myself but I should be able to give you a quick rundown.
Wind- sth to se and swell 2m and up for the beach. It was a smaller yesterday with Bondy and Marty going alright out on the bomby. They had a bit more swell on Sat but not as much wind. Blacks was good sat as well.
This weekends forecast is looking alright if we get a bit more wind. Which could happen at this time of year.
Thevenard observations are fairly close to Walkers conditions
I hope this helps.

OESaustralia
SA, 276 posts
20 Jan 2015 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

Tuesday,Wreck Beach warm up session , in S 20 to 25 knots with Bondy , Zac , Marty, PK and Pete, all photos by Chelsea Ross [11]
Bondy

Zac

Marty

Pete

maxa
SA, 84 posts
20 Jan 2015 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Onboard are donating a Ripcurl wetsuit to the prize Kitty & vouchers for all participants in WCWC. Severne are also sending a box of goodies to be handed out on presso night. Well Done Onboard & Severne.

russh
SA, 3023 posts
20 Jan 2015 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work maxa
nice piccies of wreck beach ms rossi

Wind was gone by the time i made it to wrecks -,had fun testing out my long handled shovel and giving the snatch strap a couple of test stretches tho

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

"West Coast Classic 2015" started by maxa