Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

Cat Bay 19 April 2015

Created by Relapse > 9 months ago, 20 Apr 2015
Relapse
VIC, 574 posts
20 Apr 2015 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Longish clip from yesterday at Cat Bay, lots of surfers and flaky wind to contend with.

Rosobot
VIC, 384 posts
20 Apr 2015 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

How many surfers! I should have made the trip looked fairly good. You didn't fancy sending the skidmark out then...

lynchos
VIC, 5 posts
20 Apr 2015 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Great vid! Plenty of surfers but it seemed a pretty good vibe out there.

Relapse
VIC, 574 posts
20 Apr 2015 11:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rosobot said..
How many surfers! I should have made the trip looked fairly good. You didn't fancy sending the skidmark out then...

Ha a fellow FPVer, should have guessed from your Sandy Point FPV videos. Not game flying over water yet Rosobot, spent a morning helping Scorpius fish 2 of his quads out of the pond last year. Very expensive if it goes wrong.

Were you at the Bradmills meet? Can't put a face to the name. Had a great session there on Satruday arvo.

Rosobot
VIC, 384 posts
21 Apr 2015 8:20AM
Thumbs Up

Yes it is always risky flying over water if something goes wrong they drop and as we both know things do go wrong! I am setting up my third Oneshot 4s Avada (Glitch) miniand have a Scarab Knife so I have options.

I have never lost one in the drink but have lost a quad before and was very close to having one floating in Sandy Point surf a few weeks back. Wasn't at the Bradmill meet but would like to fly that spot at some point. Would love to try doing some really tight flips and rolls etc.

33frupus
VIC, 118 posts
21 Apr 2015 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

My son and his mates were out with you at cat bay , they have been raised to treat windsurfers as the gods they truly are. A good time was had by all from what he tells me!

ka222
VIC, 633 posts
22 Apr 2015 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
33frupus said..
My son and his mates were out with you at cat bay , they have been raised to treat windsurfers as the gods they truly are. A good time was had by all from what he tells me!

Good to hear, they were all pretty good about it.
That said it was 25-30knots and I was on a 4.7 so it was certainly better suited to windsurfing out there!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

"Cat Bay 19 April 2015" started by Relapse