Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

Footy game seating at Patterson Stadium

Created by GrumpySmurf > 9 months ago, 25 Aug 2014
GrumpySmurf
WA, 230 posts
25 Aug 2014 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

Never been to the footy before. I have 2 tickets to coming Saturday's game at Subiaco. There is a seat number on the ticket. My son wants to bring his friend there and he is insisting that he can seat wherever they like (closer to other friends).

So are the seating fixed? Or can anyone seat anywhere?

Also, can food and drinks (water / soft / beer) be brought in?

Chris6791
WA, 3271 posts
25 Aug 2014 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Yes, no, depends

www.patersonsstadium.com.au/events/event-information/conditions-of-entry

MDSXR6T
WA, 1019 posts
25 Aug 2014 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Only at the freo NAB cup games have I been able to sit where I wanted to. I think even then i was on the benches but they were numbered?

Maybe years ago when they did the whole anchor thing (who's been a fan since the beginning!!) but these days people are jumping on the bandwagon so the crowds are big so you don't get a choice!

Next year will be even worse. Win a flag and out come the fair weather friends

WA waverider
WA, 79 posts
25 Aug 2014 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Stuthepirate said..
Usually if there is a seat number allocation, that's the seat you get.
I think each team have different areas for general reserve tickets.

www.patersonsstadium.com.au/events/event-information/seating-maps

Stuthepirate said..

Usually if there is a seat number allocation, that's the seat you get.
I think each team have different areas for general reserve tickets.

www.patersonsstadium.com.au/events/event-information/seating-maps

Be prepared to take a large pineapple you know where,the food is expensive and crap , beer mid strength only allowed to by 2 even if you are with 4 people .I made the mistake of taking my kids to a WAFL family day there a few years ago .I had the tanacity to take an umbrella with me cause it looked like rain and rain it did so i popped up the brolly not a person within a 100 metres of us near the boundary everybody else under cover in the stands ,some offical comes up threatens me with eviction if i don't put it down ,he goes away i pop the brolly again this time he comes back would not listen to reason I left taking the family with me a great family day out I will never ever return to subi oval .A shame really if you want to enjoy footy live, go to a wafl match but NOT at subi .Oh yeah and don't think you might just stand somewhere out of the way to watch the footy oh no you don't total control freaks.

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
25 Aug 2014 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Enjoy the game and hopefully the Wallabies come out to play on Saturday (unlike the drubbing we received last Sat night)......cue the All Black comments in 5,4,3,2.............

Oops just realised that the Wallabies don't play there until the following Saturday (6th Sept). Maybe hide under the seat for the week and get two games for the price of one.

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"Footy game seating at Patterson Stadium" started by GrumpySmurf