iandvnt said..
"Next big thing"

Devastated - someone beat me to it.

kitesurfing fads
sup kite wtf were they thinking
Formula Kite Racing
Mutant boards
9 struts
Kites for jumping high (maybe making a small comeback?!)
Giant board handles and rail grips
Kite bags to leave your partly inflated kite in
Next thing - retro kiting? real simple - plank of wood board and a low tech kite....? beard

I'll happily increase the number of foilers if I don't have to remortgage my house.

You forgot Kitepants!

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
12 Oct 2014 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

A fad it's been going since the early 2000s Aaron sales used to play around back then, aerodynamic boards will be next as basically your flying , well that's what I reckon

polykarb
VIC, 283 posts
3 Nov 2014 1:51AM
Thumbs Up

LF board only about a week away for Australia..........

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
3 Nov 2014 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sir ROWDY said...
Plummet said..
I'm sure there are instances when a sup can surf a wave and a surfboard cannot. Perhaps a time when the break is too far to paddle a surfboard too. Perhaps a time when the waves aren't that steep? You can catch them by paddling in on a sup but not a surfboard.

Care to explain when these instances might be? For most in Australia I think they are few and far between. In my opinion SUPing is most fun in flat water, or out in the ocean going from place A to place B (like a Kayak), I have no desire to ride waves on them (for aforementioned reasons), I can live with the fact some do though.

Sup is super lame!! No matter what you use it for its still gay, especially in flat water, going from point A to point B!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"why foil boards are just a fad" started by myusernam