Forums > Kitesurfing General

Who is going to the nationals this year from WA?

Created by Damo > 9 months ago, 21 Feb 2015
Damo
WA, 641 posts
21 Feb 2015 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone going to the freestyle this year?

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
21 Feb 2015 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

not you obviously

wishy
WA, 1501 posts
22 Feb 2015 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

I don't understand why anyone would take such wonderful activities as Kitesurfing and surfing, and turn them into a competitive sport. Sounds like a great way to ruin what could have been the most fun you'll ever have. I guess I should be thankful though, it keeps all the posers and ego in one place for a while, and leaves the rest of the ocean for the punters to enjoy!

AntoineS
NSW, 122 posts
22 Feb 2015 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wishy said..
I don't understand why anyone would take such wonderful activities as Kitesurfing and surfing, and turn them into a competitive sport. Sounds like a great way to ruin what could have been the most fun you'll ever have. I guess I should be thankful though, it keeps all the posers and ego in one place for a while, and leaves the rest of the ocean for the punters to enjoy!

It's also a great opportunity to meet up with fellow kiters from all around the country, have a good time together and maybe learn a thing or two from each other! Kiting is indeed already wonderful when you're just cruising, but by getting a little into a competitive mindset it makes it more fun (don't tell me you never tried to jump higher or go faster than your mate? How did that feel? ) and it helps you go harder and push your skills, which is very rewarding.
No need to take it too seriously, it's about having fun with your mates and sharing the stoke!

At the moment we've got 2 westerners registered, I know it's a long way to Sydney but we hope more can make it! You might be disappointed by the chop or the wind but you won't be by the warm welcome and the cold beer!

Damo
WA, 641 posts
24 Feb 2015 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

I have not interest in starting a bitching thread i simple want to find out who is going to the nationals from WA and maybe get in contact with them.

Cant believe i even got red thumbs for the OP i mean WTF has it come to on here?

saltydawg
WA, 130 posts
24 Feb 2015 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wishy said..

geordieboy
WA, 224 posts
24 Feb 2015 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Damo said..
I have not interest in starting a bitching thread i simple want to find out who is going to the nationals from WA and maybe get in contact with them.

Cant believe i even got red thumbs for the OP i mean WTF has it come to on here?

Too many people bitchin, too much time on there hands and trying to get people wound up

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Who is going to the nationals this year from WA?" started by Damo