Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

So the SUP market seems to have peaked last....

Created by TalkToMe > 9 months ago, 18 Jan 2016
micksmith
VIC, 1674 posts
26 Jan 2016 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Leroy13 said..
Does anyone have stats on death by shark if riding a SUP or even attacks on SUP riders? Be interesting to find out.

Just ask fisheries they'll make some up for you

matt18
VIC, 534 posts
26 Jan 2016 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
micksmith said..

Leroy13 said..
Does anyone have stats on death by shark if riding a SUP or even attacks on SUP riders? Be interesting to find out.

Just ask fisheries they'll make some up for you

the stats are just going to be out of date anyway.
However the interesting thing would be which brand of shark attacks which brand of sup.

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
26 Jan 2016 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Sup Connect just posted an article on the number of shark/ SUP incidents on Maui.

Whassup
NSW, 84 posts
26 Jan 2016 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Leroy13 said...
No. But I can give you the stats on how many people have been hit by cars whilst SUPing.

Downwinder
QLD, 1992 posts
26 Jan 2016 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NNSUP said..
Sup Connect just posted an article on the number of shark/ SUP incidents on Maui.

hahaha I've seen many Timmy the Tiger Shark Downwinding Maliko every year, in 2012 Maliko was the best I've ever seen 6ft of East Swell with a 25+ knots of East Winds 10/10 for Maliko I went with Dave Kalama, Jeremy Riggs, Scot Trudon and Mark Raaphorst anyway I was way out having a ball then all of a sudden this BIG 8ft Tiger, was on the surface I ran right over her I truly S##t myself "Help Me Please Mr Wizard"

I had a 5ft Bronze Whaler swim under my Bullet in the M2M race last year near the start.

Check out Timmy tattoo he's had 5 kills

In 2012 Maui had 5 fatal Timmy the Tiger shark attacks in 4 months from August to November, (my close Maui friends told me) when I tell people they say bulls##t (you'll only hear of shark attacks on Oahu because it's a tourist destination) Maui is not a tourist destination.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"So the SUP market seems to have peaked last...." started by TalkToMe