Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 Jan 2012 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

byf said...

mate i bolted down with the fish then seen it and went back to the car and grabbed my eight footer but yeah let me know when your down next for sure.

I had a chat to a bloke thought it might have been you.
No worries mate

newguy
654 posts
10 Jan 2012 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

PaddlePig said...

newguy said...

So what would happen if you still decided to paddle out? Do they still have jurisdiction in the water?

If you want to get really political about it, I read in my local paper that they only have powers up until the low tide mark on the beach. It was mentioned in my paper because kitesurfers had begun frequenting a dog beach near me and the idea of a 'no kitesurfing' rule was thrown about. But then they mentioned that they could not prosecute them even if they still chose to kite surf because the council actually only owns the land and not water. Same applies to clubbies, they are allocated under local council law and don't actually, technically have rights to the water.

Although you'd probably get a punch in the head from an angry clubbie.

They like to chase you in the IRB they get their jollies that way

Mmm I see, thought I'd keep that in mind but as Bakesy said, respect has to be shown for who saves people whom aren't beach smart in the ocean. I mean could be you one day they are saving.

Btw this morning was very average again and close outs galore.

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
10 Jan 2012 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

I heard this morning was flat. It has always been flat. It will continue to be flat. Why is there even discussion about waves? Go fishing!

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
10 Jan 2012 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

good advice PP, there's a few of these around, nine boated this year from two trips

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
10 Jan 2012 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

The fish look great! But I didn't think you were allowed to take nine from two trips. I might be wrong though.

byf
WA, 512 posts
10 Jan 2012 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone got a nice boat for sale?

BulldogPup
6657 posts
10 Jan 2012 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Bakes - good stocks for the freezer!

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
10 Jan 2012 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

we have to do what is known as an upgrade PP, limit is two per boat so you have to make a call, luckily they've been coming in quick time so we send em back down after keeping them in water on the boat. This season seems to be a cracker with big fish in close which means they come up pretty "fresh" and stay alive for much longer, would still swap one of these for good surf at the moment!

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
11 Jan 2012 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

I see mate. Yeah that makes sense. Especially if they'd not come from as deep as usual. Looks like a great feed! What boat were you standing on? I was looking at the picture trying to figure it out. Looks quite new.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
11 Jan 2012 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

this the boat PP hull is a 94 Baron 6.5m got an Evinrude 115 2001 on the back.

smicko
WA, 2502 posts
11 Jan 2012 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

You can have ya Dhuies Bakesy

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 Jan 2012 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Dont tell me today

smicko
WA, 2502 posts
11 Jan 2012 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Told you to chuck a sickie Check out my tyre tracks just above the waterline in the first pic, was pretty solid early but dropped really quick.

How's work?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 Jan 2012 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

Told you to chuck a sickie Check out my tyre tracks just above the waterline in the first pic, was pretty solid early but dropped really quick.

How's work?

BALLS

I even told my boss I was going to dam it just call slave

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
11 Jan 2012 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

yeah looks Ok Mick, what size would you call it? anyone else turn up?

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
11 Jan 2012 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

Check out my tyre tracks just above the waterline in the first pic, was pretty solid early but dropped really quick.

You must either drive a quad bike or I'm calling photoshop. Those close-together tracks make it look like it's 5' in the first pic.

Stand by for epic crowds at that obvious location this weekend.

What a shame you're moving so far away smicko. Closer to head in the other direction.

smicko
WA, 2502 posts
11 Jan 2012 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

bakesy said...

First couple of pics 3-4 ft the others 2-3 and dropped fast. Sick of these swells that keep peaking in the middle of the night.
Was empty when I got there but soon became a festering orgy of mals and SUPS.

Legion that first pic probably isn't where you're thinking and no, no 'shopping, just a nice solid one about 4ft. Might be the the height the pic was taken from that is tricking the eye.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 Jan 2012 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

bakesy said...

First couple of pics 3-4 ft the others 2-3 and dropped fast. Sick of these swells that keep peaking in the middle of the night.

Legion that first pic probably isn't where you're thinking and no, no 'shopping, just a nice solid one about 4ft. Might be the the height the pic was taken from that is tricking the eye.

I was thinking it wasnt the usual spot, is it where we went on the hoax trip last time?

byf
WA, 512 posts
11 Jan 2012 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

F%^k this workin for a living. I got a sudden urge to sell up the lot, by a bus and go looking after seeing those shots.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 Jan 2012 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

byf said...

F%^k this workin for a living. I got a sudden urge to sell up the lot, by a bus and go looking after seeing those shots.

+1

Sucks even more that I could have been there

byf
WA, 512 posts
11 Jan 2012 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah that would make my brain hurt Doggie.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 Jan 2012 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

byf said...

Yeah that would make my brain hurt Doggie.

I wish smicko hadnt of posted those pics, Im crying in the beer I dont have

smicko
WA, 2502 posts
11 Jan 2012 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

It's alright mate I'm havin one of them for ya too.

Zuke
901 posts
11 Jan 2012 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

bakesy said...

Do you mean 4' as in 8' faces?

Great pics by the way. Better than fish!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
11 Jan 2012 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ (2nd to last post)

funny!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 Jan 2012 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

It's alright mate I'm havin one of them for ya too.

My fave as well

smicko
WA, 2502 posts
11 Jan 2012 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah Zuke first pic is about head and a half, the rest about chest to head high. Legion and I may not agree on much but we do agree on how to measure a wave.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
11 Jan 2012 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody hell, those are some stunning looking waves.

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
11 Jan 2012 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

bakesy said...

this the boat PP hull is a 94 Baron 6.5m got an Evinrude 115 2001 on the back.

Love the Baron! Mine is an old fraser 5.2

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
11 Jan 2012 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

nice one mate, bit of wakeboarding done by the look of the apparatus on the back, yes Zuke much better pics than the fishy ones mate, devoid of offshore options down here unless a 4m swell hits

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie