Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Zuke
901 posts
18 Mar 2012 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^Thanks byf. If all the conditions are right it'll hold double head high or just over which is the biggest I've had it, any bigger and it just shuts down trying to kill me. Today was a good head and a half on the sets and perfect.

byf
WA, 512 posts
18 Mar 2012 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Thats sweet mate. Stoked for you boys and girls getting a few. I think i moved from freo the wrong direction eleven years ago.Should have gone north.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
19 Mar 2012 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

We did

Not bad

Sham1984
VIC, 415 posts
19 Mar 2012 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

how did you go on saturday doggie? i had to drive further north to find a decent wave.. not much around.

should have gone sunday by the sounds of it!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
19 Mar 2012 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

Sham1984 said...

how did you go on saturday doggie? i had to drive further north to find a decent wave.. not much around.

should have gone sunday by the sounds of it!

I want both days and Saturday was the pick of them, it just got better and better as the tide filled in. Not enough push in the swell Sunday, GPA was on his mal

Sham1984
VIC, 415 posts
19 Mar 2012 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

dammit! i surfed from 6-9 then had to get back to perth.. obviously should have stuck around!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
19 Mar 2012 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

Sham1984 said...

dammit! i surfed from 6-9 then had to get back to perth.. obviously should have stuck around!

Smicko was there super early and went north too, I got in at 8.30ish and thought that I hoaxed myself. I didnt, got outta the water four hours later. Feeling a bit knackered atm

Torch
WA, 521 posts
19 Mar 2012 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

didnt see Kelly down there but got a few windy ones.

smicko
WA, 2502 posts
19 Mar 2012 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Was knee high and SE early, surfed a spot without any push for an hour or so before going to check somewhere else. Just got better as the tide pushed and was still getting better when we left about lunchtime. There was the odd left too.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
19 Mar 2012 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^
that place looks like a fun park

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
19 Mar 2012 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

Crowds were reasonably quiet considering whats just started in the south. Saturday saw strong offshores with people getting pitched all over the place, with a punchy 4ft swell. Sunday the swell dropped to half of that of sat and the wind swing earlier into the north but if you knew where to look saw some great fun and waves like that above. Heres looking forward too whats going happen over the week at the comp, go Taj!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
20 Mar 2012 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

Lumpy as **** today at Trigg. But some sizable sets coming through when the lumps combined . Real tricky to get onto some of the larger waves but some of the local guys were absolutely shredding and managing to work through several sections before consistently finishing off with aerials.

Got a new board last night and hoping for better conditions this week to get it figured out.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
20 Mar 2012 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Lumpy as **** today at Trigg. But some sizable sets coming through when the lumps combined . Real tricky to get onto some of the larger waves but some of the local guys were absolutely shredding and managing to work through several sections before consistently finishing off with aerials.

Got a new board last night and hoping for better conditions this week to get it figured out.

What board. c,mon spill it, put a pic up

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
20 Mar 2012 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

5'10" x 18 3/4" x 2 1/2" Gunther with a subtle thumbtail.

Maybe a couple of inches to big for my ideal sized board but got it for $100 (very lucky) and figured I'd be an idiot not to give it a go. Just need to order a better set of fins for it. Looking at getting the FCS UL-3 set which should really tighten up the turns on the board and give it some more drive. Rode really well and was already super quick but the current fins have a bit too much hold....ate 5hit many times today....

Hoping the winds will give us some real clean waves so I can really suss it out. I love being on a mid semester study break.

Zuke
901 posts
20 Mar 2012 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ I think we're in for a good week of waves.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
20 Mar 2012 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

I get that feeling too ;)

From what I hear from the girlie who went down south this week, I made the right choice in staying home. Then again, maybe she's checking out the wrong spots.

Fingers crossed this new board at least lasts the winter...haha.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
20 Mar 2012 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

5'10" x 18 3/4" x 2 1/2" Gunther with a subtle thumbtail.

Maybe a couple of inches to big for my ideal sized board but got it for $100 (very lucky) and figured I'd be an idiot not to give it a go. Just need to order a better set of fins for it. Looking at getting the FCS UL-3 set which should really tighten up the turns on the board and give it some more drive. Rode really well and was already super quick but the current fins have a bit too much hold....ate 5hit many times today....

Hoping the winds will give us some real clean waves so I can really suss it out. I love being on a mid semester study break.

Gunthers are unreal, I had a 6,2 before I got too fat

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
20 Mar 2012 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

aahhhh....red thumbs....gotta love the haters...even if their own mothers don't

jjd
WA, 705 posts
20 Mar 2012 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

I get that feeling too ;)

From what I hear from the girlie who went down south this week, I made the right choice in staying home. Then again, maybe she's checking out the wrong spots.

Fingers crossed this new board at least lasts the winter...haha.

???

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
20 Mar 2012 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

What?
From what I've been hearing the conditions have been average down in Margs.

Zuke
901 posts
21 Mar 2012 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Where did that swell go? Trigg was small and pretty straight, there was the occasional random peak but much smaller than expected.

Hamsta
505 posts
21 Mar 2012 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

What?
From what I've been hearing the conditions have been average down in Margs.

Yesterday was at best, very very average. Head high sideshore at Uterus very very early with two others then checked but didn't join the usual zoo at Smiths Reef in the afternoon. Winds were ****e and swell was dropping.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Mar 2012 11:15AM
Thumbs Up

Wife offered special sex if i stayed home this morning...(special as in i didn't have to beg) . Made the wrong decision. Should have stayed home[}:)]

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
21 Mar 2012 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...

Wife offered special sex if i stayed home this morning...(special as in i didn't have to beg) . Made the wrong decision. Should have stayed home[}:)]

Should have had a shag then gone

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
21 Mar 2012 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Can't believe I got out of bed for that this morning.
Perth was an absolute pond.

Bali next week is looking awfully tempting.

Ados
WA, 421 posts
21 Mar 2012 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...

if that is what I think it means, I wouldn't care if 'tea rooms' was 6ft and pumping/

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
21 Mar 2012 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

little bit hung around for a nice little after work sesh with a couple of crew.

singlefin
WA, 46 posts
21 Mar 2012 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

Ados said...

jbshack said...

if that is what I think it means, I wouldn't care if 'tea rooms' was 6ft and pumping/

I would take the surf, It lasts longer

Zuke
901 posts
23 Mar 2012 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

Perth is____________________________________flat.

byf
WA, 512 posts
23 Mar 2012 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

Ditto for here too mate. Farksakes.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie