Thumbs Up

Girls On Boards Inc.

Vanlife
QLD, 27 posts
24 May 2011 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Lemonella said...

pearl said...

Acronyms can end up being old fashioned and dorky. Maybe you're better off just being Australian Womens kitesurfing association and come up with a logo.

I agree. Way too much acronyms in the Australian Kiteworld. Lets be a bit more creative and brainstorm about something new and fresh, like we are

kite pipas
air betties
aqua foxies
pink winds
boarderonas

Flying Foxes

little o
WA, 405 posts
24 May 2011 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

Lemonella said...

pearl said...

Acronyms can end up being old fashioned and dorky. Maybe you're better off just being Australian Womens kitesurfing association and come up with a logo.

I agree. Way too much acronyms in the Australian Kiteworld. Lets be a bit more creative and brainstorm about something new and fresh, like we are

kite pipas
air betties
aqua foxies
pink winds
boarderonas

i'd be embarrassed saying I belong to most of those.
Pink winds......maybe after too much fairy floss
Acronym based on the fact that i come from WACK
Quite liking the AKWA

As for the dyke comments see Woodies comment

As for the keep out of your way comment...I'd deliberately get in the way of someone who thought they owned the ocean.

Good laughs I think we have a winner. Now to bring it off this forum to the ladies....most don't really go on here.

superskoof
12 posts
24 May 2011 11:25PM
Thumbs Up

R-tyk !

> Return to your kitchen.

bjw
NSW, 3584 posts
25 May 2011 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

Ladies Executing Surf Boardkiting In Australia National

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
25 May 2011 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

RachyB said...

BennyB12 said...

I dont mind what u call it but please try and stay out of the way....

hahahaha

this right here is why girls are really pushing their involvement in the sport. Because in kiting there is a really chauvanistic culture (probably inherited from surfing) where guys think they own the water. Just a heads up mate... there are probably a whole lot of girls that are heaps better than you.

i more have a prob with guys getting in my way because they just assume they are awesome and that they should show off their little boosts right in front of the girls. The girls around here are better then most of the guys, and you know what, most the guys are really supportive of that.

sorry i coming in very late here but did i read "where guys think they own the water "
I'm not a girl kiter but i don't see any evidence of that in our local kiting community at all ,Maybe where you are but not here .Girl kiters here are passionate about their kiting and they rip .Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't there been a number of kiting intro days around the country where not only women kiters give up their time to help new women kiters but blokes help out too?

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
25 May 2011 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

Mr float said...
Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't there been a number of kiting intro days around the country where not only women kiters give up their time to help new women kiters but blokes too.

probably why there arent that many chicks kiting

Craig66
NSW, 2440 posts
25 May 2011 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Blown Ladies On Water Nuke

B.L.O.W.N

kitecrazy
QLD, 68 posts
25 May 2011 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

W.R.C. Who Really Cares

little o
WA, 405 posts
25 May 2011 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

sorry i coming in very late here but did i read "where guys think they own the water "
I'm not a girl kiter but i don't see any evidence of that in our local kiting community at all ,Maybe where you are but not here .Girl kiters here are passionate about their kiting and they rip .Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't there been a number of kiting intro days around the country where not only women kiters give up their time to help new women kiters but blokes help out too?

Yeah not much of it around but blow in's are usually to blame. Nothing a few games of chicken won't fix.

Funny how this has become male v female. I wouldn't be a kiter if it wasn't for the instructors I had (all male) and the crew at pinnas (back then 99.98% male).

Yes it's devastating being a girl having to hang out at parties which are mostly male...some of which are in my age bracket and have a tendency to be ripped.

Wait why am i promoting these girls groups.......probably because of the most awesome chick kiter i know Kristine Bose.

Blahh blahh blaah I think we can close the post now so that all the boys can go back to pulling the crap out of eachother

Cheers
little O

Fooosh
WA, 563 posts
26 May 2011 12:13AM
Thumbs Up

Too late to change it to

Good Aussie Women Kiteboarders

then?

Pronounced 'have a squizz'.

Guys and dykes will have to visit the Facebook page I guess - make sure you post a lot of pics!

little o
WA, 405 posts
26 May 2011 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

15 members and a coordinator for Townsville/ north Queensland Rachel Baglin

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
26 May 2011 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

little o said...

We are: AKWA

See told you - TL is the ultimate Ladies MAN
Ive long wondered at his talent
Reckon it must be an underlying empathatic connection coming from his strongly disguised; but obvioulsy potent; 'feminine side'

Whatever we could all benefit from a dose!

26 May 2011 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

Great idea girls. Are you going to affiliated with anyone AKSA?

bellevue
NSW, 221 posts
26 May 2011 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

how bout one from the show"the inbetweeners"
"WINDY KLUNGE" TEAM !! BAHAHAHA !!
SORRY
DAZ

little o
WA, 405 posts
26 May 2011 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Adventure Sports Noosa said...

Great idea girls. Are you going to affiliated with anyone AKSA?

We will support AKSA and promote it.
I contacted them about the name for suggestions

fingerbang
40 posts
26 May 2011 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

yawn.
do it nekid or no one cares

towradgi
NSW, 424 posts
26 May 2011 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Congratulations little o and rach ,I assume your both members of A.K.S.A.,what extra benefits will you get being members of A.K.W.A. Also ,will there be TWO Australian Championships for women from now on.,one for each association.Good luck.

NoBS
WA, 908 posts
26 May 2011 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

the only reason its male vs female is because guys don't really need to justify themselves by starting a group saying 'look at me'..

That's what it's all about so it sounds. Girls segregate themselves by organising groups for women only and start facebook groups.. Guys just tend to bring a few beers down the beach in an esky and don't really care too much.. and ultimately take it for what it is.

aksa is a group that covers all kiters. Why are women so special that they need their own groups such as wack and akwa???

why does it have to be so difficult? I'll await the fire that the ladies send my way...

little o
WA, 405 posts
26 May 2011 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

NoBS said...

the only reason its male vs female is because guys don't really need to justify themselves by starting a group saying 'look at me'..

That's what it's all about so it sounds. Girls segregate themselves by organising groups for women only and start facebook groups.. Guys just tend to bring a few beers down the beach in an esky and don't really care too much.. and ultimately take it for what it is.

aksa is a group that covers all kiters. Why are women so special that they need their own groups such as wack and akwa???

why does it have to be so difficult? I'll await the fire that the ladies send my way...

Spelling error
NoBS = Knob?
or do you like knobs?

kitegirl21
NSW, 439 posts
27 May 2011 12:02AM
Thumbs Up

waveslave said...

little o said...
Any ideas for the acronym?

How about BLOW up DOLLS ^^^
or BUD

lol.

you'd know slave!

little o
WA, 405 posts
26 May 2011 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

fingerbang said...

yawn.
do it nekid or no one cares

fundraising idea

keilani
QLD, 84 posts
27 May 2011 6:12AM
Thumbs Up

why is Kristin Boese so awesome.

little o said...
[

Wait why am i promoting these girls groups.......probably because of the most awesome chick kiter i know Kristine Boese.

Cheers
little O

Fooosh
WA, 563 posts
27 May 2011 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

keilani said...

why is Kristin Boese so awesome

www.kb4girls.org/

OR

I would guess the first one!!

hamburglar
ACT, 2174 posts
27 May 2011 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

maybe the guys could have a club........
Mens
Equality
Nownthen
Social
Training
Riding
Aussie
Team
Entity .............. mmmm maybe not

little o
WA, 405 posts
28 May 2011 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

towradgi said...

Congratulations little o and rach ,I assume your both members of A.K.S.A.,what extra benefits will you get being members of A.K.W.A. Also ,will there be TWO Australian Championships for women from now on.,one for each association.Good luck.

benefits: No FEE happiness

Championships: yes definitely
round 1: kiting
Round 2: drinking
Round 3: laughter

p.s. WAKSA member - and have had great support from them with WACK and have supported them in the battle for a beach. Sounds like you've got the paperwork blues

little o
WA, 405 posts
28 May 2011 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

Team AKWA :
WA - WACK team
Noosa - Fiona Tarr and Samantha Pearce
Townsville, N QLD - Rachel Baglin
Rockhampton - Jaimie-Lee Smith
Brisbane - Lyatte Peach

They are signing up quick 51 so far and all these area coordinators.

toddws
WA, 468 posts
28 May 2011 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

well done lish!

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1869 posts
28 May 2011 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

SaveTheWhales said...

Daaa just call ya selves .... C.a.k.e

Cleaning and Kiteboarding Enthusiasts

Baa Humba - Im too old to change now and besides everyones likes cake after dinner

waveslave
WA, 4263 posts
28 May 2011 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

little o said...

We are: AKWA

"We are strong (strong)"

"We are invincible (invincible)"

"We are womennnn"

lol

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General