Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

New VW Van VBox from Water Man / Gulliver

Created by Johndesu > 9 months ago, 3 Apr 2015
Johndesu
NSW, 549 posts
3 Apr 2015 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

I just bought the new Van Guard 7ft 5" x 27" x 4.2"- 100Lt about 7kg with fins and am wondering how to ride it properly? Any advice would be helpful, I have read most reviews on all the similar boards and how everyone loves them - but I am just wondering if there is a trick to riding them - to me it just does not feel the same as a normal sup etc ?:-)

TimTicklebone
1 posts
3 Apr 2015 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Hi I am interested
Did you buy a Gulliver or an Australian Waterman?
Demoed an AW the other day at Kingscliffe at the Aussie tittles, same size.
what fins did you buy?
can you post pics please?
If its a Gulliver I can t afford sorry, but if its an AW i'm happy to take it off you if its going at a good price?

Cheers heaps
TJ

Towny
NSW, 903 posts
4 Apr 2015 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

I just bought the 8.4ft Australian Waterman Vanguard for the girlfriend,she loves it being a lot easier to handle and use than the old 9.3 ft SUP she was on.

Zeusman
QLD, 1363 posts
4 Apr 2015 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Towny said...
I just bought the 8.4ft Australian Waterman Vanguard for the girlfriend,she loves it being a lot easier to handle and use than the old 9.3 ft SUP she was on.

Get one for the missus.... You're a genius Towny!! I may do the same.

yt04
QLD, 394 posts
5 Apr 2015 7:03AM
Thumbs Up

I used that old chestnut when I bought my 10' for "the wife"! Years ago I also bought a cracker rod and reel combo and dropped, "look what I won at bcf on a lucky door raffle, score!" Still have got away with that one!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"New VW Van VBox from Water Man / Gulliver" started by Johndesu