Core Online Magazine is proud to present the 2009 Rail Jam, Woodmans Point, 23 Jan - 26 Jan 2009.
This event is sure to be another outstanding session of rails and kicker action, promising bigger and better sliders including stepup, C-rail and A-frame type plus a solid booter ensuring the Art of Rail riding within Kiteboarding progresses! With a solid line up of international and national riders, the level of grinding, pressing, and overall difficulty of trick be it on the jib or off the kicker should be nothing short of amazing!
All rails have been improved upon from last year and with the introduction of a more mellow up ramp and wider Jib, combined with pro coaching sessions and tips, first time or intermediate rail riders will feel at home alongside some of the words best.
Core Online Magazine combined with SLINGSHOT and MYSTIC presents theART OF RAIL RIDING CLINIC
This is an amazing opportunity for riders looking to learn to hit sliders and kickers the right way to maximise safety, technique and progression.
During the up coming Core Online Magazine RAIL JAM at Woodies, the STEEZ TEAM coaches will be on hand to deliver you professional tuition in the foundations of riding rails and hitting kickers.
The coaching staff Headed by Slingshot and Mystic Technical coach Chris Wardell and assistant coaching coming from Slingshot and Mystic International Kiteboarding sensation Andy Yates, you are sure to gain valuable skills in the art of hitting rails!Time and Place
Start Time: Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 10:00am
End Time: Monday, January 26, 2009 at 9:00pmLocation:
Woodman Point WAYou will learn about:
- GEAR SELECTION and tips. (Slingshot Boards available for use)
- SAFETY - how to stay out of trouble and strategies to recover if you don't
- ELEMENTS - wind and water conditions
- BASICS - What you need to know before hitting your fist slider and kicker
- CORE ELEMENTS - key principals including, body position, stance, board control
- KITE POSITIONING - where to put your kite to initiate each move
- BASIC MOVES - board slides, 50/50's, grabs
- ADVANCED MOVES - kicker based 3's, tricks on the jib
This is a not a beginner clinic. You must be riding at intermediate to advanced levels and be ready and willing to slide, grind, and boot your progression in kiteboarding.
All riders must be current AKSA members (ability to join on the day) Format
The clinic is a mix of theory and practical sessions. In the theory sessions Coaches will use whiteboards and on land drills to explain different concepts. The riding sessions will be strategically placed between the pro riders sessions allowing for great visual reinforcement of the skills needed to hit rails and kickers with style and ease.
- You get three sessions of tuition plus free riding per day!
- You get group plus one on one tuition from Australia's best coaches!
- You get access to a slider and kicker wonderland without the hassles of building, placing and removing the obstacles! (Very mellow sedate rails available for 1st Timers!)
- You get to slide, grind, press, and generally smash the bag alongside some of the world's best riders, photographers and video produces!
- You get a photo of you hitting a rail or booting off a kicker taken from the professional lens of Toby Bromwich!
- You get maximum fun, progression and the fundamentals of rail riding never before been available to intermediate riders in a concentrated format!
- You get to use Slingshot and Mystic product!
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL and you need a HELMET! For more info please call Chris on 0422 430430 or Toby on 0410 539516.
To BOOK, call Chris on 0422 430430
Cost: $40 per day or $130 for 4 days with 5th day bonus free ride day
Credit Card payments available by calling Lauren at Slingshot HQ on 0249 477644