Forums > Kitesurfing General

Date Update -- Qld/NT State FreeStyle Titles 2017 -- Fall Back Date IN USE

Created by AquaPlow Two weeks ago, 6 Oct 2017
AquaPlow
QLD, 588 posts
6 Oct 2017 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

NB NB Competition Dates 1st 2nd & 3rd of December 2017 NB NB NB
YES.... The Council finally gave us the green light last night - so instead of flogging an UN-realistic deadline we bumped to our fall-back date.

We hope this is more convenient for all planning to attend

Hi everyone we are hitting the ground on the marketing front - this year we have limited time so low key but we will come up with some prize goodies.
Very open format - it will be a fun and social event, think talent aiming for the nationals, plus think first timers OK to have a go and stages in between so low key but putting it out there
Check out our logo below - Good one Jarrett

For non-competitors - We have a photo competition focused on the competition with $250 prize and $100 runner up so partner/kid/mate with some gear - way better odds than the Lotto Land (expect more on this front). We are talking to SPONSORS now - so why not.

Think about some really good crew sweating to present this so if you can get involved do it.

Why? Well as a sport we are mature enough, we are ready for a regional approach to setting up good competition leading to the national stage. We are pulling it together at the ground level here, your state is doing the same. We owe to the legacy of David Dewitt and the NKL too pursue this opportunity. When my youngster was hitting his straps trying to compete the only local option was Kite Jam (thankfully -it is still going).
So don't just think about it - dust off a trick or six and do it...
If .. scratch that - as we pick up sponsors we will tempt you some more..

Thanks
Rick - aka Aquaplow
(On behalf of your competition organisers)

AquaPlow
QLD, 588 posts
6 Oct 2017 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Bump
The EVENTS page has updates and relevant links
AP

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 568 posts
Site Sponsor
8 Oct 2017 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AquaPlow said..
Bump
The EVENTS page has updates and relevant links
AP

Post a link to the event page please?

AquaPlow
QLD, 588 posts
8 Oct 2017 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

ok
Trendy buggers link
www.facebook.com/events/284215742070898/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A%22[%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card%5C%22 _data%5C%22%3A[]%7D]%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D

that lot looks like a virus.so try this..
www.facebook.com/events/284215742070898/

seabreeze:
www.seabreeze.com.au/Events/View/12395038

Thanks Declan (and Jarrett) on KAL - to register..
www.kiteboardingaus.com.au/events/12460/

I am running out of breath - likely we could twitter, sqwark, qwack, and even might answer a phone (later - need to get my garden blower on the fax to clean it if you really want to play dark ages - you must have a bonafide Argonauts badge to qualify 4 fax access ) .
BTW you can follow the Commonwealth Postal entries fad -
PO Box 193 Bli Bli, Qld 4560 -
(If you forget your email include an SAE)
Rick
on behalf of the
Freestyle State titles 2017 Qld / NT organisers

kemp90
QLD, 1518 posts
8 Oct 2017 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Is there a noob cripple section? if so I'm in

AquaPlow
QLD, 588 posts
8 Oct 2017 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Either a born b4 1970's with a bit of gear and not-much idea or If they (me!!) extended the amateur entry by a decade then I am a passing chance - the Friday should help nail a trick or lay-back get your camera and win that competition.. A T-shirt by Jarrett for $30 - bargain.

- BE IN IT
Aquaplow..
(BTW this is WIP - but it is g8 spot)
will pop our promo video soon

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Date Update -- Qld/NT State FreeStyle Titles 2017 -- Fall Back Date IN USE" started by AquaPlow