towradgi
NSW, 189 posts
10 Mar 2018 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

Juddy
WA, 1042 posts
13 Mar 2018 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Any idea what dates? Just trying to plan ahead....

Weta
WA, 772 posts
13 Mar 2018 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Juddy bub will be 10 months old perfect time for an intro to Kiting!!!!!

cauncy
WA, 6109 posts
13 Mar 2018 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Juddy said..
Any idea what dates? Just trying to plan ahead....

Looks likely at end of November

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 641 posts
Site Sponsor
13 Mar 2018 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

Clashing with Merrimbula again?

cauncy
WA, 6109 posts
13 Mar 2018 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ozone Kites Aus said..

Seemed to work with retailers steve, but happy to work around and with what people want

hirschausen
WA, 419 posts
17 Mar 2018 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

Have things gone cold on Geraldton Mick?

cauncy
WA, 6109 posts
17 Mar 2018 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
hirschausen said..
Have things gone cold on Geraldton Mick?

TBH, gero events didn't do a great deal, actually f all but I'll run through that with you, dongara irwin shire have been chasing to have the kite gig back in town, I wouldn't of minded horrocks this year tbh
It was never a plan to host it in the same venue, that way we keep it fresh and crew interested, dongara shire thus far have been very keen , thank god infigen energy helped us financially or I'd be looking at a hefty bill after the windfest,

cauncy
WA, 6109 posts
21 Mar 2018 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

It's on
23/24/25 th blowvember,
ill be posting a rough outline of events, feel free to chip in with comments on what you as kiters want, from a kiting weekend get together,
looking forward to it,
cheers

F-ONE Australia
NSW, 45 posts
25 Mar 2018 8:45AM
Thumbs Up

Keep me posted Cauncy! Happy to help in any way I can... ;)

Adam'KiteRepair
NSW, 291 posts
25 Mar 2018 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..

Ozone Kites Aus said..

Seemed to work with retailers steve, but happy to work around and with what people want

Id love to get over for it one day but cant see myself willing to miss Mambo. All the best guys! Hope it goes smoothly

Weta
WA, 772 posts
25 Mar 2018 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..
It's on
23/24/25 th blowvember,
ill be posting a rough outline of events, feel free to chip in with comments on what you as kiters want, from a kiting weekend get together,
looking forward to it,
cheers

Mick can we do the same downwinder as last year or are the logistics too hard??? I'm happy to pay extra coin for the bus etc.

I think the final nights after party should be at the surf club or the Hotel.

Simsurf
WA, 197 posts
25 Mar 2018 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..
It's on
23/24/25 th blowvember,
looking forward to it,
cheers

So where is it going to be Cauncy: Dongara or Gero?

I missed last year, but, I've pretty much got all of next summer off work. Am not going to miss it a second time.
Going to lock this one in early.

cauncy
WA, 6109 posts
25 Mar 2018 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Weta said..

cauncy said..
It's on
23/24/25 th blowvember,
looking forward to it,
cheers

Mick can we do the same downwinder as last year or are the logistics too hard??? I'm happy to pay extra coin for the bus etc.

There's great dwinder from 7 mile to s end, imho the old kite stock cliffhead to dongara was gay , the proposed one has decent reef,waves, flatwater, shoreline, bump n jump conditions, we're working on a marquee on the grass outside with a band at slsc, bar n food, a coach will again provide transport, also a kite movie night at the drive in cinema, looking into a slalom race with obstacles along with the rest

cauncy
WA, 6109 posts
25 Mar 2018 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simsurf said..

cauncy said..
It's on
23/24/25 th blowvember,
looking forward to it,
cheers

So where is it going to be Cauncy: Dongara or Gero?

I missed last year, but, I've pretty much got all of next summer off work. Am not going to miss it a second time.
Going to lock this one in early.

Dongara at this stage

Weta
WA, 772 posts
25 Mar 2018 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..

Weta said..

cauncy said..
It's on
23/24/25 th blowvember,
looking forward to it,
cheers

There's great dwinder from 7 mile to s end, imho the old kite stock cliffhead to dongara was gay , the proposed one has decent reef,waves, flatwater, shoreline, bump n jump conditions, we're working on a marquee on the grass outside with a band at slsc, bar n food, a coach will again provide transport, also a kite movie night at the drive in cinema, looking into a slalom race with obstacles along with the rest

I agree the old Epic DW was well over rated. Given what you did for the inaugral windfest Mick i know the event is in good hands.

To all the crew looking to attend there is a huge amount of work that goes into making these events happen. Support and a big ups to Mick and Crew. Thanks in Advance

cauncy
WA, 6109 posts
26 Mar 2018 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Weta said..

cauncy said..

Weta said..

cauncy said..
It's on
23/24/25 th blowvember,
looking forward to it,
cheers

I agree the old Epic DW was well over rated. Given what you did for the inaugral windfest Mick i know the event is in good hands.

To all the crew looking to attend there is a huge amount of work that goes into making these events happen. Support and a big ups to Mick and Crew. Thanks in Advance

Couldn't of done the windfest without
Dave Whettingsteel
Rob Smallwood
Kat Smelikova

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Midwest Windfest 2018" started by cauncy