Forums > Kitesurfing General

NKL - Look who's at the TOP!

Created by NKL > 9 months ago, 27 Jan 2016
NKL
QLD, 98 posts
27 Jan 2016 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

CLASSIC HOLIDAYS NKL Series nears local round completion - and now has its sights firmly set on the EPIC GRAND FINAL looming on 18-21 FEB. on the Goldie!

One leg to go! Melbourne from Feb 5-7 and we will have 24 WINNERS locked in for the FINALS!

www.nklseries.com for all the results but here is a snapshot..............

Rads
WA, 110 posts
27 Jan 2016 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

What about............

theBongo
5 posts
9 Feb 2016 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

Let me get this straight. Comp info/rules from the start of the series stated that the top 3 (1st, 2nd and 3rd) place getters from each disipline from each state inc NZ gets an invite to grand final. Also says so at the top of this post, posted after the 2nd last leg of the series, even sent all place getters an email telling them theyre invited to the grand final. And now after the last leg (MEL) thats not the case anymore. only 1st place getters get to go and the odd "wildcard" entry??? what about the people that have booked flights/accomodation from around the country to come and try and improve on their rankings? do they just have to cancel everything/ possibly lose money because the organisers are s**t at planning? When do wildcard entries get announced, who are they, how are they picked? Havent got long to go to the Grand Final maybe get your s**t together and let everyone know.

richierich
NSW, 226 posts
10 Feb 2016 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

I agree Bongo, it has always been top 3 invited. I think the NKL need to stick to this instead of changing goalposts at last minute. I think they are worried about getting 72 people show up which wont happen. If they have to change the number of people in the heat or heat times/format so be it. i still think there will only be a few more than the 30 they want if they stick to their original rules of inviting top 3. More the merrier i say.

IanR
NSW, 1241 posts
10 Feb 2016 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Totally Agree.
I think they would be lucky to get a total of 30 for the grand finals.
Even states 2nd & 3rd placegetters are invited to the grand final in the NKL banner on the first post

NKL
QLD, 98 posts
11 Feb 2016 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Guys -

We have lots of 2nd and 3rds in Grand Final and have confirmed 38 entries ......... near 40% are NOT 1st placegetters.
2nd and 3rd ARE invited to the Grand Final and we are even helping pay for some accommodation for travellers from afar.
One example: J.R. from WA is a 3rd - and is entered as a wildcard as are some others, we call them wildcards as the MEDIA understands that better.

If all 1/2/3 came it would total 72 kiters and then - with a a possible day of wind - it could mean 3 minute heats and some may not even get a go.
Also - we have a lot from NZ (4) coming and WA (5) and they have paid $5-600 in airfares and accom and really should get more time to compete.

We MUST have a result and stage the best Final possible.
Not everyone can get time off work - even Rich says he is work bound and a lot of others do not have the money to travel.

Bottom Line:

You have trusted us with 6 rounds in every capital city in Australia and one in NZ - let us have a go at staging this FIRST
Grand Final in a manner that will be viewed as one of the greatest Kiteboarding Events ever staged anywhere- and have it understood
by the general public and media.

Thanks for your support.

David De Witt
NKL Series

Call me anytime if you need further clarification. 0498 703302

Blacksand
11 posts
11 Feb 2016 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

When can we see who got in ?

NKL
QLD, 98 posts
11 Feb 2016 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

UPDATE:

We just analysed the entries and guess what -
ALL 2nd and 3rds are in that can come , so all good.
Seems there are a few that can not get time off from work so it all worked out.
Also there are not 3 wave/freestyle girls in some of the rounds - works out.
Also one NZ can not afford the airfare and same goes in WA etc

All great.

Standby for list on weekend. We can also do the DRAW in advance so everyone knows before they get to the Goldie!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"NKL - Look who's at the TOP!" started by NKL